Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Brembo brake upgrade
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
timffrr

United Kingdom 
Brembo brake upgrade

Someone on here will be able to shed some light on this for me. Been reading through the search results and I'm no clearer. Have been offered a set of brembo calipers for £250. From what I can gather they did a 4 and a 6 pot version. What I can't work out is if the 4 pot version is a direct replacement for the calipers on my 02 4.4 v8? And if there is a noticble difference between the standard brakes and the brembo ones?

Cheers all

Post #430078 5th Mar 2017 1:40pm
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

I'm not entirely sure either will fit the early cars. If they do it would only be the 4 pots I suspect. Even those need a minimum 19" wheel to go over them, not the earlier 18's.

The later 6 pots require 20" rims minimum (one genuine style 15 which is a 19" that fits) but by this time the carrier brackets etc were significantly different. Probably could be made to fit but not a bolt on matter I suspect. That said I know some of the D3 boys have been fitting these (realising of course that FFRR parts are a significant upgrade, even if they can't afford the whole car Laughing )

As for performance difference, they do have more bite but how much more is a bit subjective as everyone will see this differently.

Post #430080 5th Mar 2017 2:59pm
Bellini

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

The brakes on my old '02 4.4 FF were fine, so why would you wish to upgrade them other than for the hell of it?

I'm not knocking your motives, but if it's to improve the braking performance then you could do this for much less cost with a brake system overhaul rather than by changing them completely.

Also, it probably wouldn't be just the calipers that you'd be changing but the discs as well. Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

A man ain't truly been insulted until he stands buck naked in front of a woman and she didn't even notice. Or care.

Post #430086 5th Mar 2017 4:22pm
Zebedee

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Santorini Black

The 4-pot Brembo callipers are about 140mm from mounting point to mounting point and about 98mm from mounting point to wheel clearance. I think they are a direct replacement for the standard callipers onto a standard hub, though I can see that they might not fit the smaller wheels.

Current:
- 2013 L405 4.4 TDV8 Vogue
Sold:
- 2004 L322 4.4 Vogue (BRC LPG)
- 2002 L322 4.4 HSE (having fixed timing chain guides)
- 2000 P38 4.6 Vogue (BRC LPG)
- 1981 2-door In-Vogue
- 1980 Ex-Army SIII LWB
- 1976 SIII LWB
- 1968 SIIA
Stripped for parts:
- 2003 L322 4.4 Vogue

Post #430091 5th Mar 2017 4:48pm
timffrr

United Kingdom 

It's more that the brakes seem to be pretty rubbish on mine. But I wondering if the system could just do with an overhaul rather than replacement. Having just got back from a trip into town and back I've noticed that one of the rear calipers may be binding so that would help explain the Censored braking.

Post #430096 5th Mar 2017 5:20pm
cowman

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue SE Td6 Adriatic Blue

i did this conversion on my 2005 td6 4 pots bolt straight on,you have to get the flexi for the brembos also ,it does improve the brakes and look much better

Post #430111 5th Mar 2017 6:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1