Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Loose roof gutter trim
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Mcfly309

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey
Loose roof gutter trim

Morning all,
Cleaning my car yesterday and realised the gutter/roof trim on the top right of the windscreen (looking from the drivers seat), has detached.
Can someone advise how it's fittedplease? I can see a screw butto get to that looks like a roof lining removal?
Any suggestions gratefully received.
Best regards,
Marty.

Post #430065 5th Mar 2017 11:51am
miggit

United Kingdom 

As far as I know it clips in place, so I'd assume that the clip part has failed.. If that was mine I'd be reaching for my tube of polyurethane adhesive and sticking the leading edge to the windscreen with a small blob..

Polyurethane flexible adhesive and sealer to give it it's correct title, is the stuff that they glue the windscreen in with, and on some cars body panels... in fact you'll find that the Lotus Elise and the Vauxhall VX220 are body to chassis bonded with the stuff... Albeit a fast drying industrial version, but still PU.

It comes in many brand names.. Tigerflex, PUFlex, SikaFlex, the main things to look out for are it's solvent based, overpaintable, and it is an adhesive and sealer. It is moisture cure, so it will go off in the cartridge, but I have found if you tape over the open end with insulating tape it will keep for a long time...weeks, even months, but you sometimes have to dig out the nozzle with a screwdriver!!

It will also bond to just about anything solid, and is waterproof when dry.. so hundreds of uses around the house inc. shoe tread reattachment and hole filling Wink

If you don't already have some then I would suggest something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HIGH-STRENGHT-PO...OZBRikIvug
And clean up with nail polish remover, acetone, cellulose thinners or white spirit... and trust me when I say you'll need some thing to do a cleanup with, as you will get some on you.... and it sticks like **** to a blanket Mr. Green Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #430067 5th Mar 2017 12:38pm
phc606

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Mariana Black

this small trim shown in the first photo is about 18cm with a rubber end toward the front of the car. the rear of the trim simply pulls forward and slides from the main roof/gutter trim. replacement clips can be found here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EX200N-LANDROVER...xyONBSXwRy

Post #430074 5th Mar 2017 1:08pm
Mcfly309

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

Very much appreciated, thank you both for your input.

I'll be taking both of your advice, buying new clips, but also sticking it down, just to be sure.

Thanks again Thumbs Up

Post #430177 6th Mar 2017 8:46am
ptplumber

United Kingdom 

whilst this is an old thread, can anyone point me in the right direction for the clips to replace the front gutter trim, as the link in the original thread no longer works

Post #567918 24th Sep 2020 4:39pm
Range Rover L322

United Kingdom 

The clips for most of that channel are these:
Genuine Land Rover Range Rover L322 Roof Clip - DBE000011

When it comes apart the clips stay attached to the top cover strip. To put them back together you want to remove the clips from the cover, attach the clips back to the roof itself (there are lugs) then click the cover strip back onto the clips. It's backwards but that's the way to get it to stay.

If they clips are not lined up they feel broken because they wont work but often they are intact but misaligned. It's one of those jobs that makes sense once you've taken the whole thing off. Also it will be full of dust in there so worth taking off and having a clean anyway.

Last edited by Range Rover L322 on 25th Sep 2020 2:44pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #567936 24th Sep 2020 7:02pm
ptplumber

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up

Post #567973 25th Sep 2020 10:12am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1