Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > What have I done? Air susp and HDC inactive etc
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
warninglight

United Kingdom 
What have I done? Air susp and HDC inactive etc

One week in and I've caused my first electrical issue, haven't got allcomms working yet so hoping you experienced lot may be able to help me rule some things out. It's a 2004 V8.

It's chucked it down here for the last few days, and so the 3 miles between house and shed where I tinker with my projects has a couple of flooded sections up to maybe 8 inches deep.
Once in the shed I've had the rangie parked with the tailgate and maybe a door or two open, and the key left in the ignition switch which I've since been told may not have helped.

So on Saturday I took it through those floods a few times, took it home and washed it, and on my way out for the evening it lit the dashboard up;

Air susp inactive
HDC inactive
The 3 amber lights on the dash (in my disco 2 days these would be the 3 amigos)
the speedo then died a few miles later causing the steering to go light etc.

Since then the speedo has come back briefly. I read on here that it gets fed from the NSR sensor so I tried to remove it but found it seized. A good soaking of penetrating oil to try to disperse any water in there seemed to help the speedo for a bit, but by yesterday evening it was dead again.
I disconnected the battery for 15 minutes or so, then turned steering lock to lock after starting the engine but that hasn't helped.

Interestingly, yesterday evening it seemed to have forgotten it had an issue. Fired up from cold, no lights on the dash but ABS kicking in constantly on the driveway.

Does this sound like it's got damp, or possibly a voltage issue from leaving doors open? The battery is approx 5 years old but spins the engine (M62) over happily.

Suspension compressor still works and keeps it all level, it just won't let me change the height.

All opinions would be welcome, and things I can check.

Post #431722 20th Mar 2017 9:55am
Clivefog

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

I found parking near the lighting post in ASDA carpark caused the lights on the dash and message drive off and turn off/restart and problem gone.
Unless it keeps coming back I'd forget that problem. Fitting a new battery will force a reset NOTE read the Wiki on how to remove the battery correctly.
Can't help on the other points.

Post #431740 20th Mar 2017 12:32pm
Joe90

England 

ABS sensor or wiring .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #431743 20th Mar 2017 12:48pm
warninglight

United Kingdom 

A dry and windy day yesterday seems to have sorted the issue out at least temporarily.

Will be sorting out the underside soon, as it needs to be able to wade through the frequent floods on the roads around here!

Thanks for the suggestions.

Post #431882 21st Mar 2017 11:39am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1