Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Non opening glovebox fix
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Spelunker

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver
Non opening glovebox fix

I have looked at and tried without success a number of fixes to open the glovebox on my ff, but as the car had failed its mot and the mech needed to get at the fuses I gave him the go ahead to gently prise it open. I was pretty sure that the end of the cable had come out of either the back of the button (which it hadn't) or the glovebox door catch and asked him to try and restrict the amount of damage to the dash panels. He bent some light gauge metal strips to place above and below the door gap and prised the door open with gentle pressure on a long bar (better leverage)inserted in the gap as close to the catch as possible. This popped the catch without any damage to the door, the dash or the catch itself. He then drilled a couple of holes in the catch, re-inserted the end of the cable and threaded a cable tie trough the holes and holding the cable end in place. Result - not a mark on the dash or the glovebox door, a once again fully functioning glovebox and a chance to change the cds! Ok, so there are 6 in the player, but 6 months of the same 6 cds gets a bit predictable..... QUID FACIUM TIBI
ANTEQUAM ALIIS

2003 TD6 VOGUE Zambezi Silver
tows 2006 Lunar Delta 540/2

Post #431973 21st Mar 2017 9:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1