Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Rip ff?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Spelunker

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver
Rip ff?

Queuing in a line of traffic on a normal B road this morning the ff was hit by an impatient woman overtaking the Que on the wrong side of the road. She scraped the offside wing and virtually ripped the front bumper cover off when she had to take avoiding action as a bus coming the other way was about to collide head on with her car - so she took the option of hitting my car as the lesser of two evils. She has admitted full responsibility (the police were not involved as there were no injuries, but I am sure they would have considered her driving to be careless at the very least) and after notifying my insurance I have an appointment with a repairers (Inchcape Toyota in Nottingham - apparently LR approved). My concern now is if they write the car off, the damage doesn't seem much but when you start adding up a new cover plus parking sensors (I think they were damaged when the connectors were ripped out), foglights, mounting brackets and any other potential damage all to be replaced at LR prices, who knows..... QUID FACIUM TIBI
ANTEQUAM ALIIS

2003 TD6 VOGUE Zambezi Silver
tows 2006 Lunar Delta 540/2

Post #432099 22nd Mar 2017 5:55pm
Jon G

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Baltic Blue

Fingers crossed for you mate Cool

Post #432111 22nd Mar 2017 6:41pm
Tom Heath

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Tonga Green

Sorry to hear that...

Exactly the same thing happened to me at the beginning of Feb - a guy hit the back of mine - and as I was already moving, nudged me into the back of someone else.

2 bumpers, a grille and a lower tailgate and mine was written off CAT C as they have to use new RR parts. The only consolation is that I bought mine back for 18% of the book value, so I bought the car back and had over £5k.

My estimated repair bill to get it back on the road was £1300, with me fitting the resprayed bumpers and tailgate I got from my local 4x4 breakers.

If they write it off, if you are intending on keeping the car and not too worried about a CAT C or D rating, just get it fixed with good secondhand parts. I'm sure you've got a good paintshop near you, but you're not too far from Telford and can give you an excellent recommendation - S&P Paintshop in Oakengates. Steve is a great guy to deal with and does a great job. (no relation, just a very satisfied customer!) 2005 L322 Tonga Green 4.4l BMW Engine with Touchscreen
GAP IID BT on order!
1966 Mustang Convertible, 5.8l V8

Post #432113 22nd Mar 2017 6:48pm
Tom Heath

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Tonga Green

Just a thought as well - I got a complete front bumper off the scrapyard, so I've got 2 of everything, including fogs. My front bumper was also more than resprayable - I just bought another one so that I could swap them over and still drive the car while one was being painted. You are more than welcome to the old resprayable bumper for the grand price of a bottle of red if it comes to it. 2005 L322 Tonga Green 4.4l BMW Engine with Touchscreen
GAP IID BT on order!
1966 Mustang Convertible, 5.8l V8

Post #432115 22nd Mar 2017 6:53pm
Spelunker

Thanks all - will keep you posted.... QUID FACIUM TIBI
ANTEQUAM ALIIS

Post #432119 22nd Mar 2017 6:57pm
Zeb

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Tonga Green

Just to make the point..it is YOUR CAR not the insurance company's. Since it is the other party's insurers who will be paying for the repairs and you were not at fault then it is up to them to put you back in the position you were prior to the accident. You would be well within your rights to demand it be repaired regardless of if they want to write it off for relatively minor repair work. Being polite, persistent and clear about what you wish to see happen will help your cause whatever you decide is for the best.

Post #432409 24th Mar 2017 9:29am
Spelunker

Update - the assessor took 5 seconds to say the car needed a new front bumper. He then went on to list the fog lights and parking sensors, the mark on the wing (not much more than a scuff but will probably be rubbed down and re-sprayed) all of the mounting brackets, clips, bolts and anything else that goes into replacing it. Total time of my visit to the repair centre, 20 mins including a 10 minute wait and a visit to the loo. Total travelling there and back 1 hour 40 min, and I have to do it twice more (drop it off for repairs and collect when done) meaning 3 days off work! All because of 2 seconds of stupidity from the driver that tried to squeeze past me.... QUID FACIUM TIBI
ANTEQUAM ALIIS

Post #432609 25th Mar 2017 6:45pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Jeez that's a treck!!

Push to not have it written off! Doesn't sound like they will but make sure your insurance is firm on this point. I'm sure that you could claim a courtesy car off the offending parties insurance too! Ask your insurance to try. The idea is that you should not be put out too much so if you have to take time off note it, and refer the info to your insurance to add to the claim.

On a brighter note if it's getting done by a main dealer body shop it should be a good repair. Inchcape own hunters LR in Derby too so as a group they do Land Rovers. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #432617 25th Mar 2017 7:25pm
Spelunker

Best thing is the assessor 'advised' me that once the work was done I would be as well getting a different car as I would be better off putting cash into a better car than a money pit. He also said that he has put across this point of view to all ff owners that he comes into contact with (including his Father in law) and as ff owners 'seem'(?) to love their cars he very rarely gets a positive response. QUID FACIUM TIBI
ANTEQUAM ALIIS

Post #432622 25th Mar 2017 8:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1