Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > L322 Android headunit options
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
Pluribus

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue
L322 Android headunit options

Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent android headunit for an L322, 2003 Vogue with DSP?

I've seen the older upgrades people have done and while they're good, I'm really not liking the curved front not fitting flush to the dash.

The only actual Land Rover thing I've seen with android is a MOST unit, but I have no idea what that is, and my current head unit is non touchscreen anyway.

Can I fit the later touchscreen unit to my car? Does it have any aux inputs? I have several ways of running android systems through an aux input so that would be a solution if a dedicated headunit is not available.

Thanks in advance

Ian[/i]

Post #430526 8th Mar 2017 11:19pm
Testarossa1967

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover HSE Td6 Giverny Green

Hi , I have a Dynavin N6 head fitted to my 2004 HSE with DAB , if you search my posts there is info there for you to read .
If you have any more questions get in touch and I'll do my best to answer .

Post #430742 10th Mar 2017 8:13pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E39-Stereo-7...1768178445

Thumbs Up Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #430793 11th Mar 2017 12:45pm
Lukie

2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

I spotted this the other day, it is a little on the expensive side, however if it is plug and play with DSP amp in place I think it could be alot easier to work with

https://www.car-vision.co.uk/landrange-rov...21178.html

Post #430796 11th Mar 2017 12:59pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

"MORE INFO

RANGE ROVER 2002-2004)
Dynavin N6-E39 (N6 Platform) for Range Rover L322 (2002-2004) NOT SUITABLE For Range Rovers with TWIN factory fit subwoofers.
YOU MAY ALSO REQUIRE THE EXTENSION LEAD "

That is the DSP system on a ffrr Rolling Eyes

The only system with a single speaker sub is the Logic7...... Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #430797 11th Mar 2017 1:03pm
Pluribus

That looks perfect, thanks!

Post #430798 11th Mar 2017 1:09pm
Pluribus

So here's the thing. I know I have DSP as the seller kept making a point of mentioning it and showing me how good it sounds, but never actually explained what DSP is, and why I should really care about it. Can someone please explain it to me?

Post #430800 11th Mar 2017 1:29pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

DSP = Digital Sound Processing, in a ffrr a DSP system has 11 speakers and the sub, rather that just feed the speakers as a door unit they are driven independently of each other.. so theoretically they can be adjust individually for the best sound... however they then went and naffed it up by reducing the controls to bass and treble Laughing .. but in the DSP mode they are driven at different rates according to which effect you choose Thumbs Up

Or to put it another way each speaker, with the exception of the centre dash, has it's own amplifier Rolling Eyes Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #430804 11th Mar 2017 2:33pm
Pluribus

Thanks Miggit, I understand it now.

Post #430830 11th Mar 2017 6:54pm
bobsin

2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Epsom Green

In the process of fitting an android head unit, does everything, android lolipop, loads of inputs, dvd, nav, cameras, tv, phone option via bluetooth awesome. running with the DSP Amp, sounds very special. 0ld head unit in glovebox in place of removed cd changer, to keep all other controls, and control dsp. i recommend EONON GA6201 for BMW based audio.. Great fit in dash as it has a flat front panel. looks factory... 2004 Vogue.. (ignore the now redundant philips mp3 player) Canbus works perfect with all steering wheel controls, you can even customise the button operation.

Post #432390 24th Mar 2017 1:56am
miggit

United Kingdom 

So will this power the DSP with the old unit turned off? or does it have to be on to get sound?

I'm wondering what generates the video for the old screen... I know it's not the BCM, cos when I removed everything from the boot I lost all the display info on the old screen, and I know that you can get a display with the Nav unplugged, and it would appear that you've managed it with the BM54 unplugged Rolling Eyes Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #432391 24th Mar 2017 5:41am
SidewaysMatt

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Giverny Green

Ooh very interested in this. The only thing that has stopped me swapping to android is potentially losing sound quality due to losing the existing BM54 amp and DSP. Messing about with amps and active crossovers was making the job seem a lot more involved!

Searched for that unit on eBay and also see there is a extended loom that says it enables the unit to plug into the BM54 and DSP:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eonon-for-GA6150...SwEzxYPZx- 2004 Vogue TD6 - Remapped Smile
2008 Porsche Cayenne S
1998 Lotus Elise

Post #432422 24th Mar 2017 12:00pm
khyber

United States 2004 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

I am also looking to install this unit (GA6201). I have the unit but waiting for the extension cable to arrive from Hong Kong to test it out in the trunk/boot.

I have the Logic 7 system with two amps that is not DSP but Eonon claims that it's plug and play with DSP systems. I think the trick is to use the extension cable with male and female 40 pin connectors. The male end goes into BM54 module and the female goes to the amplifiers. This setup supposedly allows the DSP to work.

I will be testing the extension cable connection setup and also the short cable included with the unit that only has a male connector.

Post #432452 24th Mar 2017 3:35pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

If that's the case then you'll need to keep the old screen connected in the glove box, and I suspect that they are telling the system that the new radio/nav/dvd is in fact another CD changer and using the CD changer connections to the BM54 to connect to the system....I thought of that one 2 years ago... only using an aux input / cd emulator and just doing line out from the new head unit... I knew it was a good idea, should have stuck with it Evil or Very Mad Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #432484 24th Mar 2017 5:43pm
Covbandit

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Oslo Blue

Hi, I read some one else putting the head unit in the glovebox and using a parrot adapter so that it could power the dsp, is this what has been done here? I have found the harness that claims to work with dsp but does not mention having to retain the old head unit so in this case i guess you would lose all dsp/computer access. I dont know if l am reading into it correctly? All i know is l have a screen with a huge thick line across, a cd based sat nav that takes 10 mins to program, an analog tv tuner, a cd changer that wont play cdr's and a phone module without bluetooth!!! This would be well worth the upgrade. Is there any more updates pleas??

Post #435919 25th Apr 2017 9:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>