Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Using non DSP amp with Logic 7.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
khyber

United States 2004 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

I am attaching a picture of the my boot because it looks very different than other setups on this site.
It's not very clear because I had to use a flash light. My car is usually parked in a covered garage.

1. The unit at bottom right and not visible is the BM54. It has the 40 pin connector and the antenna lead attached.
2. The unit at the top right is the Logic 7 amplifier with part number XQK500060.
3. The unit at bottom left is another amplifier I believe. It's not black and that big.

I have been led to believe this is not a DSP setup.

Post #432497 24th Mar 2017 7:20pm
khyber

The connection diagram for Logic 7

http://www.fullfatrr.com/gallery/albums/us...20Amp.tiff

Post #432502 24th Mar 2017 7:38pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Re your picture.. the position of the unit on the bottom left is the standard place for the DSP amp.. I suspect that is still an Amp and part of the Logic7 setup, from what I understand the Logic7 system is a higher power output than the DSP system, so effectively adding another amplifier to mix sort of makes sense.. Hopefully it doesn't use any of the unoccupied pins in the 40 pin plug to enable the system... you might end up having to count connections on the factory 40 pin plug and the new plugs to make sure that they are the same... Might be worth checking if there is a different part number for the BM54 between models.. if it's the same BM54 then it should work.. if it's a different number then the missing 40 pin wires will need to be linked between the BM54 and the Logic7 system.

I have my fingers crossed that it's plug and play for you Thumbs Up Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #432503 24th Mar 2017 7:40pm
mjdronfield

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue

I would guess that if there is no DSP shown on the screen it doesn't have it. The screen menu is driven by what's identified on the iBus, so if it's there it should be displayed......

That said, if this is the system, and you have speakers in the tailgate, if that's where they are from the brochure, it reads it has some sort of upgraded DSP.....?

http://www.fullfatrr.com/gallery/albums/us...0Rover.pdf 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Previous cars :
2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6
1999 Discovery Td5 ES
1995 BMW M5 3.8 6 speed
1992 Range Rover 3.9 Efi Vogue
1992 BMW M5 3.8
1988 BMW 735i SE
1989 Ford Sierra XR4x4 2.9i
1981 Ford Fiesta Supersport

Post #432515 24th Mar 2017 8:37pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Well looking at the 40 pin legend there isn't any reason I can see as to why it wouldn't work, it's just the main wiring that will be used, plug "A" will become the new head unit!

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #432517 24th Mar 2017 9:04pm
khyber

You are right. I tested the Eonon unit earlier today in the trunk/boot and it worked flawlessly with the included short 40 pin cable.

I basically pulled the 40 pin connector from BM54 and connected it to the Eonon unit along with the canbus decoder and fm antenna. All the speakers and subwoofers along with the steering wheel controls worked using the existing HK Logic 7 amplifiers. Now I have to see if I can remove MID, BM54 and CD changer. This would be a lot of work but I am looking forward to it.

Post #432546 25th Mar 2017 5:51am
doclees

United States 2004 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

There seems to be an interesting twist to this thread. If I understand this correctly you can use an Android head unit to replace the BM54 yet still use the DSP/logic 7 surround sound of the HK system? Probably won't help me because I suspect problems in the DSP/logic 7 amp.

Post #432623 25th Mar 2017 9:01pm
khyber

In my case at least, there are two logic 7 amps that drive separate sets of speakers if I understood the connection diagram correctly.

Unless both of your amps are dead, you'll hear some sound. I suspect it's the BM54 or MID if no sound is coming out.

Post #432628 25th Mar 2017 9:38pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

That eonon unit doesn't replace the BM54 unit, it slaves it, so it has to remain in place for it all to work... good option if your updating the system rather than repairing the system Thumbs Up Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #432642 25th Mar 2017 10:13pm
khyber

In my test, BM54 wasn't connected to anything and everything worked. It is probably needed just to decode the audio signals from MID.

Post #432667 26th Mar 2017 2:47am
miggit

United Kingdom 

That is probably the difference between Logic7 and DSP, DSP uses a signal on the ibus from the BM54 to turn itself on, looks like the Logic7 uses the old fashioned method of using the amp signal from the radio.. looks like the upgrade to the DSP system is a downgrade in technology... must be why it works Laughing Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #432687 26th Mar 2017 10:10am
khyber

I guess so. The logic 7 preprocessor and amp is just like an aftermarket component that doesn't depend on a specific BMW signal. Don't think it matters but MID was connected during this test. I am going to move it to the glove box by removing the CD changer during my install.

Post #432801 26th Mar 2017 11:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12