Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > I have automatic lights ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Weegie

Scotland 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Sunlight senor. Part of the aircon system monitoring. John
2008 Stornoway Grey 3.6 Tdv8 Vogue
2005 TD6 Java Black Vogue - Written off!!
GAP iiD BT
2003 Discovery TD5 Auto, Nanocom Evolution - gone to a new home!
MasseyFerguson 152 - No electronics!! - Sold

Post #409599 17th Oct 2016 8:19am
miggit

United Kingdom 

Shocked WTF? Air con sunlight? wots wrong with a thermometer? And we wonder why they go wrong Rolling Eyes Thumbs Up Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #409605 17th Oct 2016 9:03am
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

miggit wrote:
When I was doing one of my many dash top removals, I noticed that when the light switch was disconnected the lights came on Shocked

So I can only conclude that in true over complicating Range Rover fashion the lights are on all the time and the switch turns them off.... Rather than the more conventional way of doing things where the lights are off and the switch turns them on Rolling Eyes

So, if it's not just my car that's been wired up the wrong way round, then it could be a dodgy switch Confused

That's done deliberately so that if the light switch fails you have some lights, they are canbus controlled so difficult to hotwire them on if the switch fails... Thumbs Up Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #409616 17th Oct 2016 1:12pm
mr_spock

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Just to reassure you, I found that when I disconnected my light switch the sidelights came on. No auto lights.

Post #409619 17th Oct 2016 2:21pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Shocked could have sworn that the whole shooting match came on in mine Rolling Eyes

Anyhow it ain't auto Sad ...... But I did some digging and it would appear that Matt Stevenson (or Mr Mod as I prefer to call him Wink ) was looking in to this on another site Shocked Shocked Deserter Rolling Eyes And it would appear that you can fit auto lights, but you have to change the rain sensor, LCM and light switch for a different BMW type Sad but there is no rewiring involved Smile

Whistle And just to be really helpful I didn't save the page, and I couldn't be seen to be promoting another forum, so suffice it to say if you were to google auto head lights l322 and look for a link a bit like _ang__over.net you wouldn't be far wrong....

OR

alternatively pm Matt and ask if it was ever perfected Wink Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #409705 18th Oct 2016 7:23am
Lukie

2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

my car is currently back with the supplying dealer, I will have to check all the lights when back, will cover the windscreen take it from there

Post #411343 29th Oct 2016 10:57pm
p38arover

Australia 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue

When I had the rain sensor off yesterday, I came across this in the sensor together with what should be, I expect, a matching hole in the screen mask:

Note the small round red window in the sensor.

Is it for auto headlights in BMWs and not the L322? Mine is a 2004 model (2003 build).

Note that the screen is an after-market replacement so the hole in the mask could be for later models. I don't know if it is there on original 2003-2004 screens (who still has the original screen to check?).

I just found http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic37495.html and the later cars have the Ford sensor so it will almost have a different sensing location than the BMW part. Ron B. VK2OTC
2004 L322 V8 Auto
2007 Yamaha XJR1300
Previous: 1983, 1986 RRC; 1995, 1996 P38A; 1995 Disco1; 1984 V8 County 110; Series IIA

Post #434100 7th Apr 2017 4:02am
miggit

United Kingdom 

Whistle I wouldn't bet on it Bud, manufacturers have a nasty habit of all using the same parts with different stickers on them.. chances are they are all Bosch or Siemens.. And Ford didn't change that much from the BMW build when it came to the body.. the wiper relay is still a BMW one up to 2009, I believe that the wipers are the same.. and that is just for starters... I think they only changed bit that were easy to swap over or parts which gave them a big saving in costs, like going to the MOST stereo system.. as they didn't change the shape it sort of makes sense to stick with the same screens and sensors as BMW have already done the leg work, and it would probably cost more to change the screen mask and the BCM / wiring than pay the extra to BMW's suppliers for the original bits.

I don't think that the door locks changed either.. Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #434225 8th Apr 2017 12:37am
Tom Heath

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Tonga Green

My early 2005 has auto lights - I love them. The FF is the crossover year, pre-facelift, but with the BMW touchscreen SatNav. I've only once left the lights on after having to turn the switch to 'on' in order to use the fog-lights! Embarassed 2005 L322 Tonga Green 4.4l BMW Engine with Touchscreen
GAP IID BT on order!
1966 Mustang Convertible, 5.8l V8

Post #434599 11th Apr 2017 1:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12