Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Headlights flashing while driving?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
d00d

2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Stornoway Grey
Headlights flashing while driving?

I have a 2008 SC, (NAS) and when stopped at a light yesterday I noticed in the reflection from the car in front that my DRL (high beam bulbs set at 50% intensity) were flashing! Also the "park" indicator on the dash. Parking brake was off, everything seemed to be running fine. If I turned the headlights on fully (HID bulbs) the DRL flashing quit. If I turned the lights back to automatic (HID off as it was daylight) then the DRL started flashing again. It was like a police mode got triggered somehow.

I did try turning everything off and back on and it stopped, but then my DRL weren't working at all. So I plugged the programmer in to see what the settings might have become and without any changes lo and behold DRL started working properly again and has been fine ever since!

My google-fu isn't turning anything up, anybody have this happen? It's like my Rangie just decided to play "cop" that day. Shocked 2008 SC L322
2001 P38, Epsom Green, fully restored SOLD

Post #435331 18th Apr 2017 8:33pm
d00d

2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Stornoway Grey

So, a few years later, an answer! (In case anyone else ever searches for this problem. Smile

This was caused by a faulty parking-brake sensor. The brake was properly released but the switch that corresponds to it being engaged was stuck. No idea what the connection is to the headlights, but this did happen again and was fixed by replacing the faulty switch.

Also, since I didn't describe it well above, the flashing was really a "wig-wag" , with the headlights alternating left-right-left-right.

HTH somebody! 2008 SC L322
2001 P38, Epsom Green, fully restored SOLD

Post #515151 13th May 2019 2:49am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1