Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > 2004 L322 Td6 RR Vogue - Developing problem with locking
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Gary Williams

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Buckingham Blue
2004 L322 Td6 RR Vogue - Developing problem with locking

2004 L322 Td6 RR Vogue - Developing problem with remote central door locking

When purchased, the doors all locked/unlocked ok with both the remote and the dashboard button. Without warning the N/S/R door lock ceased responding. The door can be opened from the inside. A couple of weeks ago, the N/S/F door lock became unreliable. Sometimes it will respond, other times, not. Occasionaly, the drivers door lock 'cycles' several times before completely unlocking. Here, the door card is begining to pull away from the rubber seal so may be mechanically interfering with the push button itself.

I have been through the RAVE Manual. As far as I can tell, the door locking actuator is inside the door latch mechanism. If the actuator motor/mechanism is mechanically faulty, can it be removed and stripped for repair, or is a new, complete, door latch mechanism required?

What I would like to do is test these door locking actuators electrically, but I can't figure out from the RAVE electrical diagrams, which connector and pins control the door locking actuators. Also, with the P bus, K bus and CAN bus, how are the actuators controlled? Are they simple controlled by +12V/0V or by a digital signal superimposed on the +12V power connectors?

Cheers

Gary

Post #433793 4th Apr 2017 10:10am
UK Marine

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Hi,

I would say that you need an IIDtool from GAP as you can test the door locks individually.

These tools are invaluable for the Range Rover owner and will sort many problems out for you without the head scratching and dealer / Indy investigation costs.....

Also I would do a battery disconnect and ECU reset as these cars do get their knickers in a twist, it's all in the wiki above....

Good luck ______________________________
Simon

Range Rover Classic 3.5 efi - Gone
Range Rover Classic 3.9 efi - Gone
Range Rover Classic 4.2 LSE - Sadly gone
Land Rover 110 3.5 - Gone
Range Rover P38a 4.0 SE - Pleased it's gone
Range Rover P38a 2.5 DHSE - Just sold
Range Rover L322 4.4 v8 Petrol - Current

Post #433796 4th Apr 2017 11:10am
Eirik34

Norway 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Please take a look at a recent post about the same: http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/post433803.html#433803

Post #433805 4th Apr 2017 12:35pm
Gary Williams

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Buckingham Blue

Hi UK Marine,

Wow, these IID Tools from GAP are not cheap. I did the ECU reset with the earth lead disconnected and shorted the earth lead the +12v with a 20 ohm resistor, but the door is still superlocked. I'll just have to get the door card off whilst the door is shut.

Cheers

Gary

Post #435361 19th Apr 2017 11:42am
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

BCU (body control unit?) change required. This affects the power steering and central locking. The replace,net will need resynching to your car thru a dealer?

Post #435365 19th Apr 2017 12:21pm
Mfcetin

Germany 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Alaska White

I am having similar issues with my locks & keyfob. Initially my drivers door was not opening sometimes then it gave up completely. I am not 100 % sure if it was possible to unlock and lock with the button on the dash.
I changed the actuator and now it always work with the key. I tried to look into the actuator as I saw on youtube some people changing the electric motor in the actuators (older models). I could not open up the actuator to reach the motors, on 2011 model, it is not very obvious how to open them. I broke into it and saw that one electric motor was roasted. It is a shame that it is not possible to just replace the motors. It would be great if anyone knew how to open them up. The actuator is quite expensive, I paid 262 Euros for a new one.

Couple of weeks later, now ramdomly the other three doors are not opening sometimes (not at the same time). Mostly the rear right door. I tried the central lock button from inside and the rear right door does not open and close with button. I assume that actuator on that door is also dead. I wonder if the other doors also have the same issue or it has something to do with BCM?

Is there any way to find out what exactly is failing? When I replace the drivers side door actuator (LHD) I did not see any modules under the door card, where is this module?

Thank you all 2011 Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Post #669000 13th Jul 2023 9:40am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1