Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays > Better than Arc 1950?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black
Better than Arc 1950?

Have been to lots of ski resorts over the years and for the past few family ski trips we have been to arc 1950.

I can't rave enough about how good it is if you have young kids and want them to learn to ski however I'm thinking that it would be good to try somewhere different next year.

I don't want to feel disappointed in my choice though. I've heard avoriaz is good, but I don't think it can hold a candle to 1950 looking at the pictures. It's the nature of the beast with 1950. It's a purpose built village, parking underneath, traffic free, ski lessons on the doorstep (literally), ski in through and out, with a few places to eat and all the facilities you would need.

Having been to most of the French resorts I don't think that this applies to any other places. When the kids are bigger then I will obviously venture to the likes of the 3 valleys with them, but for now can anyone think of anywhere as family friendly as Les Arcs?????? There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #435615 22nd Apr 2017 5:04pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

We did many years in Belle Plagne - sounds broadly the same and as the resorts are connected, may not be different enough.....

Post #435617 22nd Apr 2017 5:30pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

It's not a bad shout actually. I was going to ski over to la Plagne this year but there wasn't enough snow lower down in Les arcs to get on the transarc. Looking at the pics it looks a similar idea. Will deffo put it in the pile!

I'm half thinking of whistler fairmont, which I went to a couple of years back with mates. It was fairly kiddy friendly and laid back, but from memory it was very definitely a hotel, no self catering facilities at all! So might have to count that out....

I will ski anywhere, my other away weekend was soldeu this year..... but want that roll out of bed onto the slopes for the Mrs and Kids, she's a nervous but improving skier so nothing too challenging! There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #435618 22nd Apr 2017 5:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1