Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Front Cigar Lighter
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Full Fat Ray

Wales 2006 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey
Front Cigar Lighter

Sorting out my tyre pressures the other day when I went to use my electric air pump I found that my front cigar lighter socket was 'dead'. Big Cry

The one in the rear console worked fine. Very Happy

Yesterday had a look around, and found 2 20 amp fuses in the rear RHS fuse box, with cigar lighter symbols against them. Sure enough, one was 'blown', so replaced it, but still have no power to the front cigar lighter. Big Cry
(on an entirely different note, since replacing this fuse my voice recognition system now appears to be working, whereas before I could get nothing from it) Banging Head

Can't find any more 'blown ' fuses in either the rear right hand or main (glove box) fuse box now - is there anywhere else I should be looking before dismantling the front centre console? Question 2006 (56 Reg) 4.4 V8 Vogue In Bonatti Grey (Gorgeous!!)

Post #254381 14th Apr 2014 11:54am
GraemeC

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Zermatt Silver

This is going to sound stupid but......was the ignition on? My front lighter socked is a switched live....

My boot socket is a permanent live, not sure about the rear passenger socket 2007 Zermatt Silver TDV8 Vogue SE - now sold but was a great car!

Post #254382 14th Apr 2014 12:00pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

+1 what he said.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #254383 14th Apr 2014 12:08pm
Full Fat Ray

Yes, the ignition was on, the centre socket is also only live when the ignition is switched on.

The socket in the boot is permanently live, the other 3 (including the one in the cubby box) are only live when the ignition is on, but the front one doesn't work even though I have replaced the 'blown' fuse (the replacement fuse has not 'blown', so it doesn't appear to be a dead short or constant overload) Thumbs Up 2006 (56 Reg) 4.4 V8 Vogue In Bonatti Grey (Gorgeous!!)

Post #254386 14th Apr 2014 12:27pm
Discotigger

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

The cigar lighter sockets are also switched through relays in the rear fusebox cubby. Could be that the relay for the front cigar lighter socket has gone.

Check out the relays, by looking for the ones that have the cigar lighter symbol on the layout in the back fusebox.

Post #254436 14th Apr 2014 6:37pm
Full Fat Ray

Thanks for the advice. There is only 1 relay in the rear cubby, which feeds both the front and centre sockets when the ignition is on. As this relay is identical to the rear screen heater relay next to it, I swapped them over, the rear screen heater still works, with the ignition 'on', the centre socket works but the front one still doesn't Big Cry

Managed to find a circuit diagram on line Very Happy (will try to attach copy to this post). From this diagram, the rear socket is fed through Fuse 4R, and is permanently live, which is the case. The front and centre sockets are fed through Relay R132 (relay - cigar lighter), this relay 'picks' when the ignition is on. With the ignition 'on', the centre socket is fed through fuse 17R, this is OK. The front socket is fed through fuse 18R, this was the fuse which had 'blown', I have replaced the fuse, the replacement has not 'blown', but the front socket is still 'dead'.

My guess is that whatever was plugged in to the socket to cause the fuse to overload may have damaged some of the wiring, so I guess the next step now will be to dismantle the centre console, and do some more digging. Having proved the relay, and the centre socket circuitry, the problem can only be a connection (or lack of it) between fuse 18R and the socket itself (or the ground connection to the front socket). Will probably not have time to look at this until neat week, as on 12 hour days for the rest of this week now. Big Cry

Can't get the .bmp file of the circuit diagram to upload Big Cry - probably something I am doing wrong? Embarassed any suggestions Stan? 2006 (56 Reg) 4.4 V8 Vogue In Bonatti Grey (Gorgeous!!)

Post #254716 16th Apr 2014 10:57am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

re your .bmp, try converting it to a jpeg file. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #254723 16th Apr 2014 12:09pm
Norway

Norway 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Adriatic Blue

how did this end? -03V td6
-72 Cadillac Coupe DeVille 7,7liter.

Post #341390 9th Aug 2015 9:40am
miggit

United Kingdom 

I'm not too sure what type of lighter socket is fitted to the ffrr, but, the ones that they fit in the Landcruiser have a fuseable link in the socket, as well as the fuse in the box. And nine times out of ten if you overloaded the socket the link would blow before the fuse Evil or Very Mad I found that with a bit of careful rejigging you could rearrange the terminals and do away with the fuseable link in the socket. So it might be worth putting a multi meter or test lamp on the wires going in to the back of the socket, just to make sure, other wise you will be changing every fuse and relay in the car and it still wont work Thumbs Up Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #341422 9th Aug 2015 12:20pm
alfapat

Scotland 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

How did the cigar lighter problem end , did you resolve it.
I have the same , no front one , however still got checks to do.

Resolved.......Fuse.....Simples.... this time!

Post #436639 1st May 2017 5:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1