Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > Technical updates LR access
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Caddyshack

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Indus Silver
Technical updates LR access

Hi All, I am about to go in to battle over the harsh ride and knocking on my ARC Active Ride Control knocking and wondered how I can get sight of the technical bulletin covering this under ref: LTB00557v8

Any ideas....the dealer almost seems to decline to comment, no denial, just do not acknowledge that there has ever been a problem.

Post #437087 4th May 2017 7:56pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

if you subscribe to topix then you can download the bulletin,

... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #437098 4th May 2017 8:54pm
Caddyshack

Thank you, just need to work out how to do that now.

Post #437099 4th May 2017 8:56pm
Caddyshack

Thanks, I have registered but the bulletin just says

Noise From Front Suspension
A customer may express a concern that an audible noise (knock/rattle/thud) is coming from the area around the front suspension. The noise may be heard when travelling over uneven road surface and can occur during single or dual wheel inputs.
Global reference: LTB00557v8

Doesn't really say....replace ARC

Post #437103 4th May 2017 9:14pm
Macpaul

2019 Range Rover Vogue SE 2.0 PHEV Siberian Silver

Hi Caddyshack,

I'm guessing you're dealing with Hunters who are FULLY aware of the problem.

I had it. With them.

They are very reluctant to deal with the problem for some reason. First they'll tell you the bushes need replacing, then possibly the lower control arms.

The bushes help for a short while, until what I believe is the insufficiently restrained movement in the anti-roll bar leads to excessive play again.

The only cure is to change the valve control block, which Hunters finally did on mine a couple of months ago which cured the problem.

With them you seem to have to keep complaining over many months. Maybe warranty work is paid for by JLR at a very much lower rate than the punter off the street will give them, so they're not keen to do it.

The senior technician/workshop manager there is Andy Green so maybe ask him to get involved.

Hope this helps.

Post #437213 5th May 2017 9:59pm
Caddyshack

Thanks Macpaul. I am using Harwoods in Pulborough hut have considered Hunters as 2nd opinion as I wonder if one dealer would be hoping to get you as a service customer ongoing if they look after you. I also wonder if the supplying dealer has more self costed warranty than a fresh dealer who did not supply the car. Thanks for the contact there, will def have a conversation with him.

I have made it very clear that I know what the problem is, that I am aware of the seemingly corporate denial of the problem and have said I am going to keep coming back until satisfied.

Will keep you all posted, I have considered a face book page asking for people with the problem to speak up.

The odd thing is, if they said that they have an issue as they are out of pocket but would do the work if I agreed to a goodwill amount from me then I would gladly paid.

Post #437226 6th May 2017 7:43am
Macpaul

2019 Range Rover Vogue SE 2.0 PHEV Siberian Silver

I have to say that I think no dealer is going to accept a customer's diagnosis, let alone cure!

'We'll take it for a test drive sir, and let you know what we think.'

I believe it to be JLR policy on this problem to make the customer go through the bushes etc stages first. I expect a lot of them go away after that and it's a lot cheaper than the valve block job.

In my case, it was worth explaining that the fault persisted and that I knew from being interested in the car and from forums that there was further action the dealer could take under Service Bulletin such and such and would they please apply it to my car.

From reading on here, the better dealers just get on with it but Hunters and apparently Harwoods want to go through a war of attrition that they seem eventually prepared to lose.

Good luck and do let us know!

Post #437229 6th May 2017 8:08am
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Sounds very much like the ARC valve block. I had it, went round the houses and the valve block replacement cured it.
http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic40778.html

Post #437231 6th May 2017 8:41am
rodp

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Macpaul wrote:
Hi Caddyshack,

I'm guessing you're dealing with Hunters who are FULLY aware of the problem.

I had it. With them.

They are very reluctant to deal with the problem for some reason. First they'll tell you the bushes need replacing, then possibly the lower control arms.

The bushes help for a short while, until what I believe is the insufficiently restrained movement in the anti-roll bar leads to excessive play again.

The only cure is to change the valve control block, which Hunters finally did on mine a couple of months ago which cured the problem.

With them you seem to have to keep complaining over many months. Maybe warranty work is paid for by JLR at a very much lower rate than the punter off the street will give them, so they're not keen to do it.

The senior technician/workshop manager there is Andy Green so maybe ask him to get involved.

Hope this helps.

This was certainly the case when I worked for a truck main dealer. Warranty work was at a rate stipulated by the factory, you want the dealership then you do warranty at XXX amount of £££ an hour at factory set times.
Outside work was done at the highest rate you could get away with for however long it took.

Post #437240 6th May 2017 12:06pm
rocksteadyeddie

Does any one have the part number of the replacement valve block and (ideally) a 'how to' guide to change? Alternatively any idea how much the book labour time is? Many thanks

Post #562413 23rd Jul 2020 10:40am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1