Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > 2011 VSE Sub Woofer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
jeffw

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black
2011 VSE Sub Woofer

I think my sub-woofer has failed. Anyone know where to get a replacement (apart from the obvious LR main dealer), there are several different ones list on ebay for instance but I don't know which one to get.

How difficult is it to get out? I assume it is in the left hand side of the boot. 2011 4.4 TDv8 Vogue SE
Zeus Challenger Evo II

Post #325171 30th Apr 2015 7:01pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

We have lots of brand new ones in stock sir... Send me a PM so we can get you a price Thumbs Up

Post #325231 1st May 2015 12:16am
jeffw

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

PM'ed 2011 4.4 TDv8 Vogue SE
Zeus Challenger Evo II

Post #325476 2nd May 2015 7:57am
clarencepier

United Kingdom 

I also wonder if my sub_woofer is working. When adjusting the tone controls, adjusting the "sub" control from the extreme minus end to the extreme plus end has no effect on the sound. Would this indicate a non_working sub_woofer?

Post #437004 3rd May 2017 10:27pm
muppet

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Barolo Black

I have been having this dispute with Land Rover for nearly 12 months, mine is a 2012 and the Sub Woofer does not work.
They have changed the speaker twice, the amp and updated the software but nothing comes out of the speaker.
I have demonstrated this to many top tier technicians at Land Rover who agree that they don't work but they cannot fix it. Their excuse when I get the vehicle back is that it is identical to all other similar models so it is fine even though they agree it doesn't work. Their last play was to ask me to provide a chasis number of a vehicle that I have heard it work in and they will put mine on the same software. It will be interesting to see if anyone elses works on a 2012 model, all my previous Land Rovers worked ok but this definately doesn't. The spec says that there is 570 watts of digital amplification using Logic 7 processing...Like I say Land Rover say it doesn't work and that all vehicles are the same so tough....any advice from the pro team very welcome..... I need more help than most...sorry !!

Post #437119 5th May 2017 7:02am
GraemeS

Australia 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Bournville

I'll check mine for any output tomorrow.

Post #437137 5th May 2017 10:16am
Nomad

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

I went through a similar process of thinking my sub-woofer had gone. No change in sound at whatever sub setting.
Dealer says 'it's normal'. Took the cover off the sub to take a look and there does seem to be some vibration but still no apparent sound output.
Might be my imagination but sound seems better after turning up the volume very high with high base and high sub-woofer for a few minutes. Trouble is after this I'm now deaf (plus I used to be in the artillery so deaf anyway!) Whistle Still no thumping bass like I used to get on my 2007. Big Cry 2012 5.0L S/C
Previous:
3.6 TDV8
4.4 HSE
P38 4.6 HSE
Classic 3.9
90 County
Series3 Lightweight

Post #437168 5th May 2017 2:36pm
clarencepier

United Kingdom 

Hi Muppet
I did a bit of investigating this afternoon on my L322 (2011). I removed the panel at the left hand side of the luggage compartment and located the sub woofer. I was able to get my hand in far enough to be able to touch the subwoofer's cone. I had the sub level on the display set to max. Sure enough, the cone was vibrating. I then reduced the sub control to min and felt the cone again - nothing!

The conclusion I have come to is that the subwoofer is working but to a very minimal level compared to the volume coming from the other speakers in the car's interior. Even though I could feel the cone vibrating the sound level being produced was very small.

So I wonder if, in addition to the sub control on the display, there is another setting which controls how much power is going to the subwoofer?

Post #437211 5th May 2017 10:23pm
GraemeS

Australia 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Bournville

Is it being tried with Logic7 on or off?

Post #437217 6th May 2017 3:09am
Giantlandyman

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

I thought the sub on my 2012 wasn't working properly as it couldn't really be heard unless the volume was high. The solution was to turn the sub up to full and move the front rear/fade towards the rear (about level with the front of the door armrests on the picture) resulted in reduced the front speaker volume and good impact from the sub.

Net result, with front speakers at normal volume, the sub has noticeable output.

Post #437268 6th May 2017 5:35pm
clarencepier

United Kingdom 

GraemeS wrote:
Is it being tried with Logic7 on or off?

The effect is the same both with logic 7 on and off.

I did a bit more investigation using a test CD used for setting up my hi_fi. It has a series of tones at different frequencies. The subwoofer is certainly working down at frequencies around 50Hz but at a fairly low sound level. The conclusion I have come to is that the subwoofer is working but that the effect is quite subtle and is probably only noticeable on music with very low frequencies. In other words, it's not designed to be a boom_boom_boom hear me half way down the street subwoofer but one which just supplements the overall sound if low frequencies are involved. I'm not going to take it any further.

Post #437287 6th May 2017 8:01pm
muppet

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Barolo Black

Thank you so much for the info and tests you performed, and I think I agree with the last statement that it wasn't designed as a " Boom Boom " device...I will try the settings suggested to improve but agree that I don't think it is worth persuing especially after speaking the owner of one that appeared to work, he said that it was only noticable on certain tracks and this was one that I heard..

Really appreciate your help, advice and comments folks !!!! I need more help than most...sorry !!

Post #437311 7th May 2017 8:43am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1