Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Feeling disenfranchised with RR (rant warning)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
cliff5.0sc

The toyota land cruiser is pretty solid, trading no big issues for small ones like dash fitment and squeaks. The tesla SUV is one update away from driving itself so ai have been told. OffRoadRover.com An American Western Range Rover Off Road Blog

Post #431379 15th Mar 2017 11:31pm
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Try a F-Type SVR. F-Type's are lovely to drive. The V8 sound is a hoot. Comfortable every day GT drive and then full on sports when you want. A nearly new SVR is sub £90k. Don't buy a new one unless you enjoy depreciation. MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Post #431579 18th Mar 2017 5:42pm
wanderer

2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

So long and thanks for all the fish ...

Well, not really so long, I'll still hang around if that's OK, but the days are now numbered on my FFRR ownership. My head has been turned by something that really makes me feel excited again; the DB11. I test drove a few weeks back, completely out of the blue, and it's just hooked me and surprisingly ticks so many boxes; looks, engine, comfort, fun and rear (small) seats and decent boot ...

I'm sure I'll be back to FFRR ownership one day. They are such amazing cars, and I still truly love my L322, but the issues noted above with my attempted 405 order and new issues with my dealership have just left me feeling so disappointed in a marque I want to like so much (EGR problems, they had it for 1 week, supposedly fixed then problem happened again, they've now had it for another 2 weeks and it'll be at least another week before she's back - the customer service is just so poor, no attempt to go out of their way even though they 'fixed' it once). And, don't get me started on a convertible ewok and a velar that can cost >£110k, talk about a marque that's lost it's way. I digress ...

So, the DB11 arrives in Sept, and her stable mate for snow, shooting, carrying bikes etc will be my Defender.

Post #436624 1st May 2017 3:19pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

Shame its so ugly...lol

Click image to enlarge

Post #436647 1st May 2017 5:24pm
rodp

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Unnecessary quote removed

Unfortunately you are so right in your summing up of LR and their dealers. A few years ago a relative of an acquaintance of mine won a substantial amount on the lottery, he was a normal working chap, lived on a council estate, didn't have a car as he couldn't afford one. After a while he thought he would buy himself a nice motor, so he got a lift to stratstones, the local LR dealer in Lye. He went in his usual clothes (scruffy) and prowled around the showroom. When he went to sit in a few sales approached him and asked just what he thought he was doing. When he told them he was interested in buying they more or less laughed at him and showed him the door. Well, him being him he told them in broad Black Country to go and **** ***. He went straight to the Aston dealer and made the same approach, mooched about and looked inside and out. They dealt with him no problem, made a fuss, cup of tea etc. he bought an Aston. Apparently you can go and see your vehicle actually being built at the factory.

Land Rover dealers suck, but they're making the money while they can. My bet is LR won't exist in a few short years. They're trading on the name and exclusivity, soon there'll be so many on the road no one will want one. Just count the number of LR products you see next time you're stuck in traffic, they're everywhere now. Still nice though Laughing

Post #436652 1st May 2017 6:15pm
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

I was about to suggest a Model X if its a daily run around type thing then it would tick the performance and decent handling box and save a fortune in fuel bills as well. Build quality from what i know is probably better than LR's and reliability isnt far off either i think but customer service seems miles ahead! FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #436883 3rd May 2017 10:02am
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

I saw a DB11 at the (LR) dealer a while ago, was impressed, nice looks, sound etc. Its owner has a 405 SVA Dynamic on order too. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #437149 5th May 2017 11:14am
w8pmc

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Carpathian Grey

From a dealer & customer service perspective, JLR can't hold a torch anywhere near Porsche. The difference is night & day as to levels of service & more importantly competence. Paul

MY17 TDV6 Autobiography In Carpathian Grey With Cirrus Interior

Post #437467 8th May 2017 8:57am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12