Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My Remapped 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 11 of 43 <123 ... 101112 ... 414243>
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

This beasty is back in the garage as of tomorrow, hopefully just for the day but whatever happens, happens, it is having a new drivers side front height sensor and the rear drivers side upper rose bush replaced as I nearly had an accident while going around a corner at normal speed, and the rear end twitched causing the car to over steer which I managed to rescue, took it to the garage who found this part to be at fault. Then I will be dropping my other one in for its MOT when I collect this one.

Still love the car though. I was told the car was safe to drive if I didn't corner fast, so yesterday as the weather was great and I was fed up of the 4 walls I was sat inside, I took myself to the beach for the afternoon.

Lovely and quiet when all the brats are in school Laughing

Post #438656 17th May 2017 1:00am
green-oval-nut

Wow, realised it has been nearly a months since I posted on this diary.

Following my P38 going in and failing its MOT, and the garage not having software archaic enough to connect to it, and not being able to convince other garages to attend the garage it is at to plug there systems in, I ended up getting a short term loan from my Mum and buying a Lynx Evolution. Sad to say, looks like I was sent a faulty device. Nothing but grief so far.

Won't download update firmware, won't connect to any Range Rover as the license I have covers all main Range Rovers from the later classics, to the present model and will include any future models. Excludes Evoque, Sport and the Velar, but that does not bother me.

I managed to get it to accept the firmware update once, and it erased all the writing on the menus so they became blank.

Britpart are being helpful, but it is driving me up the wall. But the features it should have seem to be amazing. But won't know until it works lol.

I hope it gets resolved and soon.

Post #440867 7th Jun 2017 12:44am
green-oval-nut

Ebay got the better of me. Saw something I liked, the seller pulled the sale as he was scared of the fee's, I messaged him on the off chance someone else hadn't bought it out of Ebay. And the next thing I know, I am clicking on an invoice and paying for it. And the stupid thing is, I don't even know if I want it on my car Laughing Shocked Rolling Eyes

And even worse, I am in the dog house as we are moving to Kent soon as we found a house the we have agreed to move to pending permission to convert the front garden into off road parking. Or in my case, Range Rover parking lol.

And to top it off, a rear bumper with parking sensors in the wrong colour and wiring loom which I need came up for a good price and I bought that too which I am collecting next weekend. I am in the dog house big style, as we now have even more to fit into the hire van when we move if I don't manage to sell all the stuff I don't need or want.

And now that a move in principal is agreed, I have to get on a refurbish my trailer so it can be towed to the next property.

And for the 1st time in 12 years of all the moves we have done, we are actually using a removal company for the stuff in the home lol. So my L322 will have a nice easy 1 way drive to the new place.

But best of all, the people I have agreed pending certain permissions being granted to do a house exchange with, are NOT the people I would want to live next door to, So they will be my present to my current road for the 1 neighbour left who did as much stirring as possible when the neighbour from hell lived here.

Post #441179 11th Jun 2017 12:10am
green-oval-nut

I had planned on washing the cars with help today, but I decided to get out of the house properly. Went to a bootfair in Icklesham, scored myself 2 bargains. 2 wall mounted heat lamps that the guy sold to me as patio heaters for £2 each lol. The reason I like these is for painting parts. But while I was there, I couldn't resist getting some photo's. So here are some random photo's.

Post #441180 11th Jun 2017 12:10am
green-oval-nut

I got an email from the people who created the Lynx Evolution diagnostics dongle. Turns out my dongle was fine, they explained something about the phone I used which I didn't realise, and now know why I was having problems. It is on its way back. Fingers crossed that I can work it out lol.

Post #441353 12th Jun 2017 7:11pm
green-oval-nut

She got cleaned today. This time used a Karcher window vac afterwards to dry it off lol.
Great bit of kit too. Also dug the pressure washer out and gave the car a good clean top to bottom outside and underneath.

Still curious about these codes though. Some are self explanatory, others I cannot find any info about online easily.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #441928 18th Jun 2017 7:44pm
sako243

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

Battery undervoltage is the one that jumps out at me. Give the battery a check and if it needs replacing then clear and reread the codes and see what's sticking around.

Once the battery voltage dips the electronics in these are susceptible to throwing all kinds of wobblies. Ed

Post #441954 19th Jun 2017 12:52am
green-oval-nut

That voltage faults came up before I fitted a brand new battery and after the garage I use plugged there diagnostics in last which was I believe in December, maybe even November. None of the low voltage faults have returned.

These are the live data readings and fault codes that I now have after reading the system yesterday and taking a drive out.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #442054 19th Jun 2017 11:43pm
green-oval-nut

If no one on here is able to answer my questions about some of the readings, I will take the images to my nearest Land Rover dealer and see what they make of them in a few weeks. Although right now, I am looking for a cheap runaround to tide me over as I cannot use this on longer distance runs anymore, and my other Range Rover is still out of action and stuck in the garage.

Post #442055 19th Jun 2017 11:46pm
green-oval-nut

I have been naughty, but really happy, On my hunt for a part I needed for my other Range Rover, I accidentally came across the lights I have wanted to buy since I have had this car. And today, after fighting the urge, I bought them. Can't wait for them to arrive.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #443281 2nd Jul 2017 12:43pm
green-oval-nut

With both Range Rovers off the road, I have got fed up with being a prisoner in my own home during weekdays, so I am on the hunt for a little banger to run around in lol Looking at a Micra Thursday that doesn't even have electric windows, how barbaric Rolling with laughter Whatever I end up with will only be to tide me over for a month or so. Although if the banger I buy turns out to be reliable and virtually trouble free, I may just keep it around as the emergency runaround.

Post #443576 5th Jul 2017 2:43am
green-oval-nut

I have planned my journey up to the new house when I move with this Range Rover, if the gearbox is still overheating, I am going to drive it with the Lynx Evo plugged in to watch live data for the gearbox temperature, As soon as it reaches 100 degress, I am going to pull over, I have found a nice little cafe that I believe will be roughly where this will happen, then call breakdown after I eat lunch and then get it transported to a road away from the property, Then drive it round like nothing is wrong Rolling with laughter to save instant embarrassment with the new neighbours Rolling with laughter Or I will go back and collect it from my old place later at night so it is cooler. But really not looking forward to this move now, as I will have 4 cars and a trailer that I own as Range Dog is still stuck in the garage with the wife of the owner giving me one story and the owner of the garage giving me another with regards to the status of the level of repairs that have been done. Really needed that car back as well, but that is life!

Post #443657 5th Jul 2017 5:24pm
green-oval-nut

Trivial I know, but did something to cheer myself up today.

I fitted the 05-09 Rear lights. I love the new look.

But now need to find out what wires operate which lights on these 2 plugs for the rear lights. Does anyone know which colour wiires do the reverse lights, brake lights and tail lights please?

Click image to enlarge

Post #443947 8th Jul 2017 5:47pm
green-oval-nut

The sun came out, I suddenly found more motivation plus I was extremely bored. So took these apart, just got to get some frog tape and tiger seal before I start the process of painting the grey bits black. I am leaving all the chrome as chrome though. Once I have finished these, I will get on and do the headlights. And now on the hunt for a company who will make up stronger lenses for the rear lights.

Post #443955 8th Jul 2017 8:42pm
green-oval-nut

Sunday ended up being a lot of fun, I managed to get the sidelight units primed and painted, and now letting them cure for up to a week. I can't wait to do the headlights. I must get them finished and fitted before moving though. So going to try and get them done this week.

These pictures are from start to finish although haven't covered every stage. After putting the tape on and cutting it down, I prepared the surface and cleaned it with paint wipes, allowed it about 5 minutes to dry in the 24 degrees heat, before I layed 3 layers allowing time for it to dry between coats, then put 4 coats of paint on. I never bother putting lacquer on paintwork that is going to be permanently covered. Now leaving for 7 days to cure while I also wait for my tiger seal to arrive, then next Saturday I plan on sealing them back up. I am hoping to get at least 1 headlight apart this week too and get that painted.

Click image to enlarge

Post #444086 10th Jul 2017 12:59am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 11 of 43 <123 ... 101112 ... 414243>