Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > "Restricted Performance" error message
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
KRV24

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Had a proper look today, took the engine cover off, pulled backed the webbing on the passenger side top hose as per instructions and lo and behold, a huge split in the hose about an 1.5 inches long!

I am hoping that is the only one that's gone and whilst i know this one is easy enough to replace, don't think my skills or confidence would extend to replacing ones at the bottom. Which would be the right thing to do i guess?

Still have the car booked in for 'diagnostics' on Monday, will see what they say and quote to replace all of them. Although like any garage, they weren't keen on suggesting how common the fault is and how cheap the fix could be when i suggested split hose after checking here first! Once again the experts on this forum have come through and alleviated some FullFat Stress! Bow down

I think i will give it a go and replace it myself. So next steps is to order the part from Dan @ Duckworths. Range Rover Vogue SE 2010

Post #433447 1st Apr 2017 12:08pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

TBH that is the one which goes, replace to top 2 and you should be good. Not really heard of the bottom ones failing. Wouldn't bother with the garage. Get those 2 on order and get spannering. If the message is still there, which I doubt, then get the garage to fault find and do the bottom ones. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #433450 1st Apr 2017 12:22pm
KRV24

Thanks mate, sound advice. Assume don't need any additional sealant when putting these on?

Will PM Dan unless he picks up these random requests for quotes on message strings?

Dan, I think i need the below which have been quoted by you recently? Will PM direct as well

PNH500500 £36.00inc vat

PNH500510 £30.00inc vat

Cheers Range Rover Vogue SE 2010

Post #433451 1st Apr 2017 12:32pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

No sealant needed just the jubilee clips Thumbs Up There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #433459 1st Apr 2017 2:36pm
Mikeinatruck

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV6 Santorini Black

I had the restricted performance issue come up on mine, when I put my diagnostic on I was getting very little air flow over one of the MAF sensors, I thought it was duff and bought another but it made no difference, this unfortunately meant I had a sticking egr valve. after getting this replaced all was good.

get a diagnostic on it and check live data for air flow over A & B MAF sensors if one is down then egr... the 3.6 suffered a problem with egrs and they could fail completely and get eaten by the engine the later design was better.. 2018 L405 Autobiograpghy
----------------------------------
Still got..
2010 Range Rover Vogue SE
Buckingham Blue TDV8.
----------------------------------
2011 Mitsubishi L200.

Post #434528 10th Apr 2017 9:24pm
KRV24

The egr valve issue came and went some 15k miles ago. Both were replaced so was fairly confident that couldn't be it. The Indy did immediately point to that over the phone when I rang for some advice and book a diagnostic.

However, after taking NMJs advice and locating the split hose and replacing both top hoses not had anymore issues. Very Happy Range Rover Vogue SE 2010

Post #434822 13th Apr 2017 5:56pm
Haydn

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

oooo you lovely range rover people I was getting the reduced power issue went to Reading today about 70mls, 140 round trip and happened twice on the way there and 3 times on the way back I found when I used cruise control on the motorway it happened more as with pedal control I could feel it stuttering and eased off which helped to prevent limp mode

After reading this I just went out and checked the hoses and one has split top off side but before I even got to the hose there was a big wet patch front of plastic cover I'm guessing diesel

I guessed it must have been smoking as I got stuck behind a push bike for a mile or so when I accelerated to over take I could see and hear him ranting like a Tasmanian devil Ooops sorry

Ordering the hoses now, shame I ordered a fuel filter TDV8 3.6 as id had the fuel tank wiring fix done a few hundred miles earlier and thought maybe they'd stirred some rubbish up in the tank

Post #439165 21st May 2017 5:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123