Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Speed sensor faults remains (HDC/ABS/Parking Brake etc)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Keith A

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue
Speed sensor faults remains (HDC/ABS/Parking Brake etc)

So I still have the wheel speed sensor faults triggering the HDC/ABS etc issues.

Fault codes are as follows:
P0500 - vehicle speed sensor A
C1A93 - right rear speed sensor circuit

I've fitted a new speed sensor (direct from Land Rover), changed the car loom end connector (there was a small nick in the wiring cable, but the cable was intact, seemed a good idea to change it) and have inspected the reluctor ring (not dirt or damage to the ring).

Live values from the speed sensor show that it's working, although it seems to be either more sensitive or varying by 1km/h compared to the others. The fault still returns however but is intermittent (as in every journey, but it resets pretty much straight away after car off/on).

I've had all the wheels aligned and the steering angle sensor is fine, as is the battery from what I can tell.

I'm now at a loss.

Is there another speed sensor on the transmission (hence the P0500 code), however no idea why I'm still getting a right rear fault though.

Any help would be greatly received.

Thanks,

Keith Current cars:
09MY TDV8 Vogue SE
Mini R56 Cooper S
Mini Cooper Race Car Smile

Post #439239 22nd May 2017 10:36am
GraemeS

Australia 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Bournville

A bit of a long shot, but check for squashed wires under the back of the right rear seat. Many unrelated faults have occurred when the wire bundle takes a short cut.

Post #439255 22nd May 2017 12:10pm
dingg1

2007 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Stornoway Grey

abs unit contacts is a possibility , give them a good clean with a bit of emery paper and a squirt of contact cleaner and see how it goes , if you still have issues you will need to loop check with a meter from the connector block to the relevant wheel sensor connection , if no faults there its time for a new (2nd hand off ebay for about £100) abs module , make sure the numbers match up though

Post #439260 22nd May 2017 1:12pm
Keith A

So just went to have a look at the wiring loom to the abs module, looks like a bunch of slightly melted/worn wires which have rubbed against the engine block. Could be the issue!

Click image to enlarge
 Current cars:
09MY TDV8 Vogue SE
Mini R56 Cooper S

Post #439574 25th May 2017 4:07pm
Keith A

Cleaned up and the core of the green wire is exposed and so is the blue/green one albeit only slightly.

Click image to enlarge
 Current cars:
09MY TDV8 Vogue SE
Mini R56 Cooper S

Post #439579 25th May 2017 4:22pm
Keith A

Hoping that as the wires were only just rubbed free of the sheath that a bit of electrical tape round each worn wire and the re-wrapping will do the trick.

I've also stuck on some proper insulation to shield them from rubbing/heat.

Only time will tell if it has sorted it!

Click image to enlarge
 Current cars:
09MY TDV8 Vogue SE
Mini R56 Cooper S

Post #439593 25th May 2017 5:32pm
GraemeS

Good find! The green and blue/green are the 2 wires for the right rear ABS sensor so very likely that you've solved the problem.

Post #439620 25th May 2017 8:22pm
Chasazim

Australia 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Epsom Green

So did that cure your problems Keith, i checked my wire loom but all looks like new. Put in a new sensor just in case, still the same after standing for a couple of hours all warning lights dissapear then after driving 5 to 10 klms i get the bong and inactive suspension, havent had the grinding noise again, i have done the pump up with the kit and the pump seems to be working well, even when driving with the suspension inactive warning showing i can hear the pump run intermitantly. After the faults clear i can raise and lower the suspension several times with no problem the fault only occures when i am driving, all seems normal except i cannot raise or lower, any new ideas would be appreciated.

Post #439937 29th May 2017 8:44am
Keith A

Only done 100 miles since finding it, however all seems to be fine.

Not going to say for certain that it's fixed until I've put a few more miles on.

Some further up the thread recommended looking at the loom as it passes under the rear seats. Have you checked the plug on the car look side for the speed sensor? Current cars:
09MY TDV8 Vogue SE
Mini R56 Cooper S

Post #439942 29th May 2017 9:48am
Chasazim

Hello again, well my problems are persisting, it can,t be major just enough to drive me up the wall. The symptoms seem to change but the resulting bong and suspension faults remain constant. The newest thing is i drive along no problems and all is quiet, then i stop and leave for a while, it doesn,t matter how long 5 min or 1 hour when i come back and switch on the ignition i get the bong and no suspension. Then when i stop and switch off the front drops slowly and then bounces back up. That grinding noise i experianced befor hasn,t happened again and thinking back it sounded more like a gear meshing grind so my previous assumption that it was abs related must have been completley wrong. What a gear meshing noise and inactive suspension have in common is another thing to torture my brain but i am hoping the combined brilliance of this forum can solve the riddle. Thanks if you can help.

Post #441771 17th Jun 2017 11:12am
GraemeS

Guessing can be an expensive game. If you know anyone with an IIDTool bluetooth version for your model then it can read the fault codes.

Re your earlier post, the pressure required to raise the vehicle is significantly less than that required to top-up the reservoir, which only occurs after any height change is completed. If the reservoir pressure rises too slowly then after 5 or so minutes the fault will occur, ie once you've driven some distance. Knowing the stored fault codes is pretty much mandatory for a proper diagnosis of problems.

Post #441776 17th Jun 2017 12:35pm
Chasazim

Ok thanks will check the falt code tomorrow, i have the iid tool so will check.

Post #441779 17th Jun 2017 12:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1