Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Door Panel Noises/Squeaks
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Les_Paul

United States 2012 Range Rover HSE 5.0 V8 Santorini Black
Door Panel Noises/Squeaks

Hey everyone,

Driving the new to me truck I have some creaks/squeaks/noises on the driver door panel and the foot rest on the floor. Some of the noise occurs when driving over bumps in the road, but the majority of the noise occurs when I rest my foot on the foot rest or my leg on the door. I'm a fairly tall guy at 6'4, so there's not really another place for my leg and foot to go.

I'm thinking about trying some Armor All in the joints to smooth out the noises (a trick I learned from a handyman to stop windows and doors in the house from squeaking. It works great and leaves no residual smell like WD-40 does).

Has anyone else had this pop up for them? And is there a better way to fix the noise?

Post #442168 21st Jun 2017 2:51am
Mr Tee

Scotland 

I have a squeak coming from the drivers door lock area, definitely a rubber squeak, trying to isolate is a complete nightmare. It drives me batshit crazy, time for a trade in ! I've used gummi pfledge and soaked all the seals but can't work out whaere it is, going to try shutting paper in the door jam to see if I can work out where it is. I've also had to jam some foam in the plastic dash end cap as it was creaking like a bastid too.

Post #442170 21st Jun 2017 7:28am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1