Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > About To Reject. Questions?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
w8pmc

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Carpathian Grey

They're good points Alistair, but as daft as it sounds it was both the sullying dealer & LR Customer Relations that suggested i contact a different dealer as both agreed 6 weeks was wholly unacceptable.

Somewhat worrying just how much use these LR diagnostic machines are currently getting.

I'll pen an email to the supplying dealer this weekend & may just call in to discuss with them on Monday regardless of whether they have availability. I do think to reject you are meant to have 2 cracks at a fix, however if they can't accommodate the 2nd attempt for 6 weeks, that's not acceptable so i'll have to potentially work round that. I don't think getting a different dealer to look at fix 2 lessens my case, but i would rather the supplying dealer carry out the investigation, but i can't wait 6 weeks.

My other concern is it appears to be the same as the other thread (Simon's issues) & that being the case both LR & the dealer will know that no fix exists & when LR do release the Software update currently in development it will very likely be after my car's 6 months old.

Was so close to driving the car over to Hunter's this morning & just chucking the keys back at them & walking away. I'm furious that it's got to the point that i'd rather just jump into the Wife's XC60 when needing to drive out, knowing that everything on it works every time & in the manner it's designed to. Paul

MY17 TDV6 Autobiography In Carpathian Grey With Cirrus Interior

Post #441703 16th Jun 2017 6:06pm
stillrunning

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Paul,
I feel for you my mate.
It's just plain frustrating pure and simple.
A standing joke in our house when we get in the car whether it stalls and how long it takes to restart.
Pretty sure I have written this before but.....
Did you take finance out with car, I had to couldn't afford one without it to be honest, if it was landrover finance (black horse under the covers), speak to them about your issues and what they will do for you.
They told me as the problem was there at collection it can be rejected under a motor quality fault.
They told me to mention this to the dealer when I spoke to them about the car and if they wouldn't cooperate they would step in and take it on for me.
Luckily for me the dealer has been fair, probably helped by the fact their loan car is suffering the same issue.
What I will say customer relations are dragging their feet, I was told an date when I get my money would be known by the end of this week, guess what no communication.
Hope you get a resolution to this.
To hand my car back will be gut wrenching and I am not looking forward to it but I thought enough was enough.
Steve

Post #441707 16th Jun 2017 6:43pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Quote:
both the sullying dealer & LR Customer Relations that suggested i contact a different dealer as both agreed 6 weeks was wholly unacceptable.

but they are trying to help you fix the issue, not building up a case for rejection.....

I'd get legal advice as to whether you can just say 6 weeks is unacceptable for attempt 2, so I'm rejecting in 2 weeks unless everything is resolved - or something like that. If they then give explicit permission for another dealer to attempt fix 2, then that's all good, but you don't want to risk a rejection claim being rejected as a second dealership was involved.

Post #441708 16th Jun 2017 6:46pm
w8pmc

Thanks Steve. Just realised i referred to you as Simon in an earlier post Confused

My car is on PCP with LR Finance, as i wanted to take advantage of the extra £5k discount so just chucked in a sizeable deposit & was intending to clear it later this year.

Is your car now back with the dealer/LR & are they replacing it or refunding you?

I'm going to pursue a final fix attempt, but as per your situation i fully expect a fix to not be available. I didn't report my faults from new until about 5 weeks into ownership as i viewed them as niggles initially & thought they'd somehow resolve themselves quickly (teething problems). At 6 weeks old the supplying dealer under sufferance applied an assumed guaranteed fix with this major software update, however within minutes of driving away a couple of the niggles occurred, but i chose to see how things went before i raised this as i'd been sat in the dealers for nearly 4 hours & needed to get back to work.

I've had as much as i can take now i'm getting totally new problems & that the system stalling has now occurred again twice in the last 2 weeks so am ready to push the button & chuck it back.

Will try to get it into a Dealer next week & if it can't be fixed to a satisfactory standard then i'll contact LR Finance & start the ball rolling.

As a side issue, i've now noticed the cars gearbox thumping when i select reverse. Never happened until yesterday & has done it trice today. Paul

Post #441710 16th Jun 2017 6:57pm
w8pmc

Good points Alistair. I'll raise this with LR on Monday before trying a different dealer. If it does weaken my case then i'll have to bully LR/Hunters, if it doesn't then i'll try others.

I'll be annoyed if LR's advice would cause my case to be weakened as that's extremely naughty. Paul

Post #441712 16th Jun 2017 7:03pm
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

i would contact LR again and state you are going to reject this car unless its sorted out asap, to expect you to wait until july or august is just taking the Censored imo. Evil or Very Mad

Post #441716 16th Jun 2017 7:49pm
jumpin mouse

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

w8pmc, you might want to try Kentdale's in Kendal. It's a decent drive up there and they will happily drop you in Kendal and pick you up after. Of course I cannot guarantee they will be any better than others but I had reasonable success with them when I had a Sport last year. If they offer you a courtesy car watch out for the Corsa! Really!

Post #441719 16th Jun 2017 8:43pm
Basilfawlty

England 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

For my two-penneth I'd be going back to the supplying dealer and telling them either to make an appointment available in the next two weeks or you will reject the car.

My feelings are that as they know Land Rover haven't yet come up with a fix for the system that you are being stalled in order to buy them time and hopefully they'll have the fix sorted by the time you eventually get your appointment. They seem to be playing a game with you and you need to be sure that LRCR aren't in bed with the dealers on this one because even better than the franchises they know the fix isn't available and how long it's likely to be.

If it's on finance as you say it may strengthen your hand but I'd be pushing now.

What I'd really like LR to answer is why my wife's golf can go in for a service or warranty work within a week or two with a replacement car or a driver to collect but my Range Rover takes five weeks to do the same Big Cry

Post #441733 16th Jun 2017 11:18pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

I've heard of delays in delivering new cars due to software challenges at the factory, so who knows what might be in the background...

I'm sure you are aware of the six month time limit for rejection under the Consumer Rights Act and while you have a while to go yet, you would not want to leave it too long. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #441766 17th Jun 2017 12:02pm
w8pmc

Thanks all. It did cross my mind that perhaps LR & the supplying dealer were purposfully applying a delay in seeing my car, with both knowing a fix is unavailable currently & that it's possibly a while off yet. Am aware of the 6 month CCA rejection limit, so today i'll be preparing the details of all issues & hand delivering this to the DP at supplying dealer, stating they've 2 weeks to resolve (second attempt to fix) the problems or the car will be returned.

I'll also have this correspondence ready to send to LR Financial Services if a suitable warranty appointment isn't offered today.

Having made a few enquiries, having an alternative dealer attempt the second repair, does in fact weaken my case so am annoyed LR Customer Relations were advising this. Paul

Post #441961 19th Jun 2017 7:49am
w8pmc

Slight update, after a call with LR Finance & a snotty email to Hunters parent company Inchape, i finally got a call from the Service Manager at Hunters & they're hoping to have my car in on Friday or Saturday with a loan car available.

What was somewhat disconcerting was that LR Finance are fully aware of the MY 17 InControl Touch pro issues & have several cases open relating to a variety of models using this system. They were also as were Customer Relations aware that a fix isn't yet available from LR & that a due date is still not known.

I can't say i'm being inspired with confidence, however i'll see what the end of the week brings & decide then. I've listed all the issues (i can remember) & communicated this by email to the supplying dealer, LR Customer Relations, LR Finance & Inchape. Paul

Post #442010 19th Jun 2017 6:07pm
w8pmc

Further update. With a shove from LRCR & Inchape Aftersales, my car's now booked into Hunters tomorrow & a loan car arranged. They've the long list of issues i've had on the car & will keep it until they feel like they've resolved all of them.

Given this 'major software update' still doesn't have a confirmed delivery date, i don't hold out much hope of them resolving the problems, however i'm less concerned as my car will be with the supplying dealer & i'll be in a loan FFRR until 'sorted'.

Will update further once i've heard back from Hunters on what they plan to do to fix the car. Paul

Post #442263 22nd Jun 2017 8:51am
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I'd also be confirming in writing, that unless resolved within the 6 months, that you will be rejecting the car and returning the loaner. Maybe build in a buffer for testing that things don't re-occur - so give then say 2 weeks to resolve or you're rejecting ?

Post #442265 22nd Jun 2017 8:59am
w8pmc

Good point Alistair. I'll add that wording to the Issues List i'll be leaving with the dealer tomorrow. Paul

Post #442267 22nd Jun 2017 9:05am
CUE99T

Scotland 

Sorry to hear of your issues.

Personally I'd just reject it. Life is too short.

I'd start surfing for a new car. Obviously another LR.

With all the new ICE problems showing I think whilst my system isn't the best at least it's working daily, so really feel for you man, as I've just bought a house and it's the same....a load of issues and solicitor isn't interested!! all smug in my new plug!

2021 Westminster Black D300
2013 Vogue SE - gone
Some Porsche Cayenne guff pretending to be a 4x4!!
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #442292 22nd Jun 2017 12:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>