Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My new 2012MY Vogue 4.4 TDV8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
FrankRizzo

Germany 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Santorini Black
My new 2012MY Vogue 4.4 TDV8

Finally picked up my new (to me) 2012MY Vogue 4.4 TDV8. After 5 months of searching the German market and 7 test drives I finally settled on this, the sixth car I tested. Of all the ones I tested this felt the nicest and its condition was just about the best of the bunch. So it was finally out with the old...

and in with the new...

The spec is actually lower than that of my 2008MY Vogue that I traded in as it didn't have the 4-zone climate control or the RSE DVD but those are both features for back seat passengers which I rarely carry so I can live with not having those. The dark brown seats were not initially to my taste after the light cream colour of my old car but up close I think it looks quite smart.

I also took other aspects such as the 2-year/75000km LR approved main dealer warranty, pretty low mileage at 75000km after 5 years and the dealer's willingness to do the turbo drain hose modification as part of the deal into consideration.

Overall I'm happy with my choice, if a little sad to see my old Vogue go as it was not only my first Rangie (that I had wanted since childhood) but also my first ever car (didn't get a license until I was 35 Embarassed). But after the money the latest repairs had cost me I knew it was time to move it on. Still, whoever buys it will receive a car that has an interior that's almost as-new and has been meticulously main dealer-maintained throughout my ownership.

After scouring the German online ads for 5 months I have to say I'm more than a little envious of the far greater choice on the UK used market. There are far fewer to choose from in Germany and of those I've concluded that Germans spent less on all the options. For example I couldn't find a single vehicle with adaptive cruise control. The German market also doesn't quite have all the equivalent model variants of the UK. They only have HSE, Vogue and Autobiography, plus a few Westminsters from 2012.

I was considering one Westminster as I liked the new grille and it had some nice extras like electric rear seats and soft leather headliner but after probing the (main) dealer over its repair history it turned out it had had the front passenger door replaced after an accident so I walked away.

One thing I noticed about the used market here is how reluctant both main and indie dealers are to repairing faults before a sale is agreed. The Westminster I mentioned had a duff wheel bearing which vibrated like crazy during the test drive (with a very embarrassed sales rep tagging along). Another actually failed to mention that a Vogue I had traveled over 100km to test drive was stuck in limp-home mode due to a faulty temperature sensor somewhere, I was assured.

I appreciate they don't want to shell out money on repairs without the prospect of a sale but they need to think about the first impression of the customer, who is unlikely to part with their cash if they get the impression that the vehicle hasn't been maintained well and is left wondering what else is wrong with it.

Still I'm happy with my purchase (so far at least) and won't be needing to deal with dodgy dealers for a while Thumbs Up 2012 Vogue 4.4 TDV8 automatic (LHD), Santorini Black
2008 Vogue 3.6 TDV8 automatic (LHD), Java Black

Post #442578 24th Jun 2017 3:51pm
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

gratuliere!!

Looks Very nice Frank. Great wheels and interior is fab. hope you have many fault-free years in her! Very Happy

Post #442583 24th Jun 2017 4:15pm
GraemeS

Australia 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Bournville
Re: My new 2012MY Vogue 4.4 TDV8

FrankRizzo wrote:
I've concluded that Germans spent less on all the options. For example I couldn't find a single vehicle with adaptive cruise control.
Perhaps the same as Australia where ACC was not offered as an option.

Post #442604 24th Jun 2017 8:35pm
FrankRizzo

It is mentioned in the 2012 German brochure. I saw pictures of an Autobiography online that had it fitted and I heard it was standard to the Autobiography. Haven't seen it on any Vogues, though. 2012 Vogue 4.4 TDV8 automatic (LHD), Santorini Black

Post #442605 24th Jun 2017 8:41pm
362bkr

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

Looks great , once you get the steering wheel moved to the correct side it will be perfect Thumbs Up

Post #442608 24th Jun 2017 9:00pm
rar110

Australia 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

Congrats Frank. I'm in the same position as you and seriously considering going from a 3.6 Vogue to a 4.4 tdv8, although might consider a petrol v8. It took me 6 mths to find my 3.6. I'm expecting it will take the same for a 4.4 if I go that way. ______________________________
Vogue tdv8 08MY poverty pack - wow

Post #442622 25th Jun 2017 12:18am
KurtVerbose

Switzerland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Re: My new 2012MY Vogue 4.4 TDV8

Unnecessary quote removed

i've noticed that in switzerland sometimes. not just lr dealers. absolutely crazy to think they'll make a sale when the engine management light is on and the engine has no power and you just walk away thinking you won't deal with that dealer.

frank, how does the car compare to the 3.6?

Post #442634 25th Jun 2017 8:01am
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Looks great! Well done. Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #442655 25th Jun 2017 11:16am
FrankRizzo

Quote:
frank, how does the car compare to the 3.6?

You notice the difference in power. It accelerates quicker and the gear changes are smoother. The ride is quiet although I think the motor is slightly noisier than the 3.6 but then it is more powerful. Those are the main differences I've noticed so far but I've only driven it twice.

Spec-wise there are many differences to the 3.6 (mine was an '08 model). Most of the changes came with the '11 model and are listed in the press release for that year. I like the updated interior and digital binnacle. Keyless start is new to me and I'm eager to see how reliable it is over time. Mine has the vision pack so it has the blind-spot warning in the wing mirrors which is good but I wouldn't trust it implicitly so I still do the shoulder glance before overtaking. 2012 Vogue 4.4 TDV8 automatic (LHD), Santorini Black

Post #442669 25th Jun 2017 4:08pm
KurtVerbose

Switzerland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Don't know why I had an 'Unnecessary quote removed'. I was clearly refering to a much earlier post in the thread rather than the immediate post above.

Post #442697 25th Jun 2017 9:23pm
GraemeS

Australia 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Bournville

ACC can easily be retrofitted if you have an IIDTool to modify the CCF parameters and to set the radar unit to calibration mode. The radar unit and bracket, link harness and the steering wheel switches need to be procured.

Post #442703 25th Jun 2017 10:49pm
Doc

Sweden 

Very nice! I do the same job right now. Looking for this beauty! My first one Smile!

Post #443068 29th Jun 2017 6:37pm
FrankN

Germany 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Hallo Frank,
sehr schön, sieht Innen top aus, hast Du noch ein paar Bilder von Innen ?

We are in a english forum Rolling Eyes
very nice, inside top, have you more pictures from inside ?

Gruß / regards
Frank

Post #443104 30th Jun 2017 7:51am
FrankRizzo

Only these two:

2012 Vogue 4.4 TDV8 automatic (LHD), Santorini Black

Post #443448 3rd Jul 2017 8:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1