Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > Written-off Car!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
elbitrevnoc

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE Td6 Buckingham Blue
Written-off Car!

I wonder if anyone out there with access to Glasses/CAP could help me out with an accurate valuation on a RR Sport that my insurers are just about to write-off? My wife had a very nasty experience last week when she aquaplaned on the motorway - she bounced off the barriers a few times and did a full spin but managed to get out in one piece and without hitting, or being hit by, anything else. If nothing else it's testament to the quality of the passenger protection in these cars! Shocked

We now need to find a replacement for her (not least of all because she's now out and about in my FF), but I firstly need to make sure I get the best offer I can for hers. It's an October 2012 Sport HSE Luxury model in Orkney Grey and Ivory/piano black interior. Also has privacy glass, upgraded 17 speaker system and sunroof. Mileage is 83,000, but the car is in very good, overall condition(well it was until last Tuesday!).

In fairness to the insurers they've just come back to me with a figure of £20,700, which I think isn't way off the mark, but I'd like to check!

I'd be very grateful if anyone can give me a bit of guidance, as I can only use the usual online consumer guides.

Thanks! 2014 3.0 SDV6 Sport HSE Corris Grey with Ebony/Cirrus
GONE - 2012 TdV8 Westminster Orkney/Ivory
GONE - 2012 3.0 SDV6 Sport HSE Luxury Orkney Grey/Ivory
GONE - 2006 3.0 Td6 Vogue SE Buckingham Blue/Parchment

Post #444798 17th Jul 2017 2:26pm
Giantlandyman

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

It's been many years since I made a claim (touch wood) but what I did was find adverts for a similar with similar mileage, age, condition and options etc etc. That way, I was in a position to buy exactly what I'd lost without being penalised by them trying to save a few quid.....it worked to.

Market value (what most vehicles are insured for) is not necessarily the same as the price in a guide.

Just a thought.

Post #444804 17th Jul 2017 4:19pm
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

try https://cazana.com/uk
. Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #444810 17th Jul 2017 5:22pm
Andy_J

Scotland 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

Not written off a car myself, but the GF had someone write off her car 2 years ago.

I was told at that time you should get the market value for the vehicle. The payout should be sufficient for you to replace your vehicle like for like or as close to like for like as you can get. CAP/Glasses are trade prices and you will not receive enough to replace the vehicle like for like 56 TDV8 Vogue SE
9 Freelanders, 2x 2002 TD4ES, 2001 TD4, 2002 1.8GS, 2000 XEDI, 2x 2000 1.8ES, 2004 1.8 & 2000 1.8 GS (rolled)
91 Lotus Carlton (sold)
90 Lotus Elan (BRG)

Post #444819 17th Jul 2017 6:34pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

My kids have both had cars written off - neither their fault - and payouts were spot on, if anything maybe a little generous.

For pricing - try we buy any car - or trawl eBay or autotrader for a similar replacement.

Post #444820 17th Jul 2017 6:41pm
Freddie The Fish

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover SE 4.4 V8 Fuji White

I had a car written off a couple of years ago, insurance company were on the ball and when I told them to do one with their offer they sent me links to a dozen cars same spec and cheaper on Autotrrader. Said they would pay the offer and if I sent evidence of why it should be higher they would adjust....... I took the offer as unfortunately they were right. Not like the old days when you would turn down first two offers by default

FF

Post #444822 17th Jul 2017 6:57pm
kbald

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Hi you can put the details in here and get a cap valuation. Hope this helps.

https://www.capconnect.co.uk/ConsumerValues/Ford.aspx?CH=PWRTZ Current 2007 TDV8 Vogue Buckingham Blue

Post #444823 17th Jul 2017 7:17pm
elbitrevnoc

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE Td6 Buckingham Blue

Thanks all for your thoughts - much appreciated.

I've now managed to get a CAP guide valuation, which says Retail Transacted value of vehicle should be around £22,000. That's retail value before a dealer adds on for margin and any warranty, so a realistic idea of the value. I've now gone back to the insurer to push for a bit more. Another grand will make me happier! 2014 3.0 SDV6 Sport HSE Corris Grey with Ebony/Cirrus
GONE - 2012 TdV8 Westminster Orkney/Ivory
GONE - 2012 3.0 SDV6 Sport HSE Luxury Orkney Grey/Ivory
GONE - 2006 3.0 Td6 Vogue SE Buckingham Blue/Parchment

Post #444962 18th Jul 2017 9:18pm
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

If she wants exactly the same again, you could always find an exact replacement, then ask the insurance for the purchase price. It's often difficult as no two used vehicles will be the same and, as many here comment, condition is everything.

Post #445108 20th Jul 2017 1:29am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1