Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Chasing a nearside pull
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Sandyt

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue
Chasing a nearside pull

Right well those that have seen any of my other posts will know that I am pretty anal about the FF running tip top so I have a pull to nearside slight I may add and also about 5degrees right hand down on steering to keep her straight- tested on flat road straddling road middle same road used many times. So have decided to just replace both front lower arms and control arms and track rod ends - they feel ok but you never know = question is there anything else I should be looking at ?

Post #445255 21st Jul 2017 11:01am
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

I had similar.
4 wheel alignment and get them to make it spot on, not just in the green, it needs to be absolutely cock on. Swap front tyres over and see if it still pulls left, or if it moves to the right. Tyre wear has a huge effect and if it's worn with the alignment out it might need replacing.
Get the shocks tested on the bumpy road machine, some tyre places have this. Even patterns on the chart is what you want. If one is not right this can cause a pull.
With front wheels jacked up test the power steering from left to right. Even effort both ways is needed or you will have to adjust the pre-load on the rack. I use a digital luggage weighing gadget to test how much effort is required to pull each way from centre position. Depending on the mileage you might want to flush the PAS fluid as dirty black fluid can make the PAS valves sticky.
Ball joints, bushes, and pre-load of bushes. Slacken them all off and re-tighten with the car on it's feet on level ground, not jacked up. I always cover the bushes/bolts/washers etc in GT85 spray to make sure nothing is binding.
Suspension heights are worth checking. Park on level ground, raise to Off Road height, drop to normal height and then measure from wheel arch to centre of wheel. Fronts should be equal, rears should be equal, but front and rear measurement will be different. Adjust with IID tool or similar.
I would always do the alignment last thing and if it was still pulling I would sling on a new set of tyres.
Beyond that I really don't know.

Post #445258 21st Jul 2017 11:34am
Stacker

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover HSE Td6 Adriatic Blue

Sticky brake caliper? I have one at the moment! Sad 

Post #445260 21st Jul 2017 11:39am
Sandyt

Started by having it Hunter Aligned so I knew it was spot on and it did improve so replaced all the tyres they were below 4mm so I tend to change them then anyway Interesting about the steering weighting left to right and back have it on the ramp now so will go and check that
Have also swapped the tyres drag and front to back
Not brakes as had the callipers off and refurbished last year and it does not pull under braking
It is slight and my son didn't even notice -I do about 20 to 25k a year so it really irritates if anything is not right even if I am not using it
Will have a fiddle thanks for the replies I will check the lot Thumbs Up

Post #445262 21st Jul 2017 11:47am
Sandyt

Meant to say new front shocks/bags and pump last year new backs last month

Post #445263 21st Jul 2017 11:48am
Sandyt

Thanks all glad to report all sorted Not sure what the culprit was bit of wear on one lower arm the track rod ends hadn't been replaced by me and I have done the last 90k so they could have contributed full hunter tracking had rears out fronts were obviously a mess all tracked up drives like new
Thanks all

Post #445477 23rd Jul 2017 12:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1