Post #445580 24th Jul 2017 2:30pm
buffalo4

2009 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Bournville

looking Cool

Post #445584 24th Jul 2017 3:12pm
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

The wiper arms have been nothing but a Censored pain in the Censored

No matter how much prepping, the plastic bits really didn't like the primer or the paint. I had sanded the original coats and cleaned them. The only part that took to the black paint in the end was the main section of the wiper arms. So the cap and the bit that is part of the wiper blade have now gone chrome lol. The chrome took very well.

Post #445719 25th Jul 2017 3:05pm
green-oval-nut

There is a bird somewhere with chrome effect painted claws lol as you can see by the last picture I posted on the previous post lol

The chrome effect paint has now taken nicely, bird feet marks now covered up, I have managed to get 4 coats of lacquer on the black sections of the wiper arms, I want to get 2 more coats on tomorrow though because of the position of the car that they are going to be on.

I am very happy with the results. Can't wait to get them on the car. Hope the new colour code looks ok and not stupid.

Post #445773 25th Jul 2017 9:46pm
alistairh

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Haha magpie going for the shiny stuff😂. Lights are looking great

Post #445774 25th Jul 2017 9:56pm
green-oval-nut

Not sure if the shiny stuff is going to survive a jetwash though. I am prepared for the heartbreak if it doesn't lol and will paint them Vauxhall star silver if I have to re-do the chrome effect parts.

But I personally love the finished look with the headlights and headlight wiper arms. Just need to get a black and silver badge to finish the grill,

Post #445885 26th Jul 2017 8:24pm
FrankN

Germany 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

With the dark lights, the car looks fine

Post #445909 27th Jul 2017 8:07am
green-oval-nut

Thanks FrankN

Post #446083 28th Jul 2017 11:50pm
green-oval-nut

Found some energy, and added the LED bumper lights to the car. Not wired them up yet though.

I know the car needs a good wash lol.

Post #446846 6th Aug 2017 5:05pm
b348xyx

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue

looks good, where about's did you get the bumper lights ? are they MOT legal replacing them for the red reflectors ?

You wiring into the reverse lights ?

thanks 2003 Range Rover 4.4 Litre V8 - Adriatic blue

2003 Range Rover 4.4 Litre V8 -Maintenance History Click Here = http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic39687.html

Post #446850 6th Aug 2017 5:21pm
green-oval-nut

I bought these on Ebay for under £20, They have 3 functions, Tail light, brake light and reverse lights all in the 1 unit. I will be wiring them up fully, but not today. I was going to do them next weekend, but just remembered that there is something else on that I am going to which I know I will be worn out from. So either some point during the week, or maybe the weekend after, depending on the weather and my health. Plus someone has packed half the stuff I needed to finish this job away, and I am not trawling through the many boxes for moving, so having to order some wiring and connectors, and fitting in a waterproof plug connector which will be located in the standard rear lights area so if the bumper needs to come off or if one of these becomes faulty, then I can easily replace it.

I fitted the same lights to my Discovery 3 on the Disco3 forum under the username disco-nut, and in the daylight they are pretty rubbish, but at night, you can't miss them lol.

Post #446852 6th Aug 2017 5:39pm
green-oval-nut

Well a hell of a lot has happened since the 8th August, My P38 was declared stolen, and retrieved with the help of bikers, was found dumped in a hedge at the end of a track in Iden, East Sussex with all the caps undone, unlocked, bonnet open etc... Thank you Rye Performance & Motorsport who ripped me off with most of the work I paid for which totalled in excess of £3500. Anyway, another garage local to where I lived got involved and got my P38 road worthy and fixed very fast. Then I moved away from Icklesham where I lived through hell, and now live in a fully adapted house with built in full lift for me in Tunbridge Wells where the neighbours are actually really nice. The house was thoroughly trashed by the previous tenant who I did a mutual exchange with, and have spent 2 weeks that we have been here so far mainly cleaning. Also 2 weeks before the move, my other half had an old lady in a Fiat 500 T-bone him in our Zafira which has been written off as a Cat C, and is now in physio and we have replaced the Zafira with a Dodge Caliber. Fantastic Car.

I still have the L322 although currently not being used regularly as the P38 is on the road and I have my Freelander. As soon as the P38 is sold, the L322 will be used more frequently again.

One bonus to the move, I have off road parking. Only for 1 car at the moment, but will be for 2 cars by the end of the month as long as the weather allows it.

My old psycho neighbour has already accused the boyfriend of the woman I exchanged properties with of setting her up for being raped. That is a record. It took her 3 months to accuse me. And she accused every other man in the road at my old place and was still in touch with the Will, who used to live next door to me before being forced to leave legally.

Post #451971 24th Sep 2017 11:24pm
green-oval-nut

Deleted as was an accidental duplicate post.

Post #451972 24th Sep 2017 11:24pm
green-oval-nut

3 weeks of being here, and already been burgled Big Cry Luckily only the shed though as the guy who did the burgling couldn't get into my house without breaking something because I had changed the locks. The person who did it is the boyfriend of the woman I did the mutual exchange with! Best thing I did was to change the locks on the house, feel like an idiot for not fixing the ruddy fence sooner though! Luckily the valuable stuff was well and truly buried by crap in the shed, and the shed was not secure or under CCTV at the time. But the guy was seen by 2 neighbours and caught trying to get into my house by me! My other half had taken the dogs for a walk, he must have assumed my house was empty, but I was in! Because as soon as he saw the dogs leave with my other half, a key went into 1 door, and I heard an 'ph sh**, so I got up and waited behind the next door, he put the key in and tried it, as soon as he took the key out, I unlocked the door my side, opened it and went mental! He nearly fell over from running so fast Rolling with laughter

Yes it was all reported to the police etc... he was arrested, but no charges pressed yet, only a few things missing from the shed, but apparently they can't get finger prints off of wood Rolling Eyes

The house has now been declared uninhabitable too Rolling Eyes But the house is now undergoing emergency renovations. This is through it being trashed by the previous tenants. But all it means for me, is new bathroom, new floorboards, new windows, new doors, new electrics etc... so basically the house will be like new. I now have 2 cars on the front as well, but hard ground will not be put in until next summer, so just going to muddy up the garden lol.

The L322 is proving a real gem at the moment, don't really go far enough for the gearbox to go into limp mode much anymore as I don't need to, thanks to the type of roads I have, the MPG has improved, I have achieved 19.6 mpg in limp mode. Was very pleased with that.

Sadly because of the state of the house, I still have not been able to get round to doing anything at all more to this one.
And my Freelander is crying out for attention too now and I still have my P38 for sale. So hoping that sells soon.

But not looking good for me getting near the L322 before November. And this time of year, my disabilities get worse so renders me even more useless than normal until the weather warms up again.

I know I need to replace or make a more permanent repair to the wiper linkage, replace the air intake pipe, replace the rear parking sensor wiring loom, both headlight ballasts are faulty, and I want to get the bumper lights wired up.

This is now my view from my security door bell. Love it!

We no longer have a Zafira, but have gone wild, 3 Green Ovals and a Dodge Caliber. Brilliant cars!

As soon as the P38 is sold, the L322 will be back up on the garden instead of the road between use.

Post #453003 4th Oct 2017 10:55pm
green-oval-nut

Sadly still haven't been able to get around to doing anything with the L322, some bellend complained that I was parking on my front garden, after complaining that I was parking 4 vehicles on the road, (all legal), turned out to be my next door neighbour, who then stopped complaining when I literally saved her life at 4.30am a couple of weeks ago. But triggered an inspection by the landlord to make sure I was not parking on the garden anymore, but the house is undergoing major renovations and is now only just getting to a liveable standard again but is taking priority over the cars apart from the Freelander which I have had to do some work to.

But the L322 is in fairly regular use, rarely goes into limp mode now as I know how far I can get before it does and plan my journeys around that so I choose which car is the right one for which journey.

Post #455478 27th Oct 2017 10:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 13 of 43 <123 ... 121314 ... 414243>