Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Front suspension air bag replacement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Andyyav

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zambezi Silver
Front suspension air bag replacement

So lots of warning messages and some basic checks later I've a hole in the drivers side front suspension air bag, I've had a search but can't really see an obvious answer to my questions-
Can I drive it for a few days while wait fir parts etc?
Passengers side was replaced just before I bought it with a Dunlop, I'm thinking Delphi as they get better reviews on here, will having one of each have any affects?
Once I've replaced it (which correct me if I'm wrong looks fairly straight forward) do I need to reset anything with diagnostic tools etc?
I don't want to replace it ignoring the above and find I'm in a worse place!

Post #447664 12th Aug 2017 10:29pm
Joe90

England 2002 Range Rover HSE Td6 Alveston Red

1. Drive it ?
You can, but run the risk of further damage - overheating compressor etc requiring replacement as well. Or the hole getting worse and leaving you stranded on the bump stops. I wouldn't....

2. One of each?
Shouldn't make much difference, and yes Delphi are seen as being a better option. Most agree that front struts should be fitted in pairs, but depends on how long ago your Dunlop one was fitted, if is an issue.

3. Post fit?
No diagnostics specifically needed, depends if you have a hard fault on the EAS (doesn't reset after ignition cycle or battery reset. If so then yeas a diagnostic tool will be needed to reset the air suspension. You may need to calibrate, also depending on what heights you get at each wheel once up and running.

There is a howto on the wiki Thumbs Up 

Have "IID non BT 02-05" & "RSW All Comms" in Hampshire - happy to help Smile
Also have VAG VCDS if you have an Audi/VW etc.
Always have comprehensive toolkit: hammer, duct tape, WD40 Wink
robertus-maximus - sollus-arbilla vagor stlata

Post #447666 13th Aug 2017 12:40am
wayneg

Australia 2003 Range Rover HSE Td6 Adriatic Blue

I have driven mine with a holed airbag for 2 weeks. Driver side front first went so drove whist waiting for replacement then after fitting the new strut the passenger side split immediately after the suspension pressurised so I highly recommend doing both unless you are sure the other is newish. The second weeks driving awaiting the second strut to arrive.
The car drove surprisingly well, with the suspension fault message on however I took things very steady especially braking and turning. Braking on a loose surface cause the offending corner to skid even under the lightest brake pressure but the car still stopped well. I had no real option other than to continue to drive but would not have done so given access to another car.
The Struts were very easy to fit, use axle stands both sides or prepare for major dramas and injury. 2003 TD6, EGR delete, performance chip, Dual batteries, uhf 2way, Android head unit, Led Headlights, DRL`s , Trailer brake controller. icarsoft & IPNA Diagnostics.

Post #447688 13th Aug 2017 9:31am
Andyyav

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zambezi Silver

joe90 wayneg Thanks for the info,
The dunlop is under a year old and looks new, guess in the spirit of something else may break soon ill keep the cash for that!!
Ive not got any 'hard' error messages just intermittent - vehicle raising slowly and suspension will lift when system has cooled so hopefully no more pain there (i replaced the rear axle on my P38 and ended up needing to set the suspension up via laptop hence the concern)
The wikis great ill get out this afternoon and strip it out, should have time to collect and fit one from JSF in norwich tomorrow

Thanks again Andy

Post #447708 13th Aug 2017 1:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1