Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Eonon GA 7210 android system.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Chasazim

Australia 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Epsom Green
Eonon GA 7210 android system.

Hello, just a quick question for you smart guys, can i fit the Eonon GA7201 head unit in my 2004 L322 Vogue 4.4 petrol, when i contacted the site.they told me they do not manufacture a model that will fit the.Range Rover, i see some have fitted the Eonon 6201 so i was wondering if.the 7201 is the same because they no longer make the 6201. Also if thhere are any extras that are needed such as.the.extension lead to.reach the.boot.
Thanks for any replys.

Post #447590 12th Aug 2017 10:22am
bobsin

2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Epsom Green

Hi, I have the GA6201 in my 2004 TD6, The difference between the two models is the android system, 6.0 vs 5.1. So i would say there would be no problem. You will need the long lead. got mine off ebay. Eonon also told me they do not do a unit for the RR, but you are driving a BMW in essence, electrically anyway... Mine is all good, sounds great working with the DSP, Phone operation via bluetooth is seamless and works perfectly. I should say, if you have the HSE type system, that is no screen in dash, fitting is basically a straight swap and you will not need the long lead as the plugs required would be in the dash, not the boot, as with a DSP based system...

Post #447894 14th Aug 2017 11:03pm
Covbandit

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Oslo Blue

Hi I have been going through pages and pages of bmw e39 installs hoping to find a straightforward swap for my l322. Mine is an 03 with dsp, does the extension and install allow the dsp amp to work plug and play or does it need hard wiring in/old unit left connected in dash. If interested I also found an ibus connector that allows you to view your on board computer through the android, not too sure how yet as more of a spanners man than technology but if you could help with the dsp?
Here is the link to the ibus thing, it may make more sense to someone else but would be nice to keep that side too

Post #448087 17th Aug 2017 1:40am
bobsin

hi, the old unit fits sweet in the glovebox once you remove the redundant cd changer. the cable even reaches, so easy to do. no cutting, you need the old head to keep the dsp awake. you also keep the other functions , clock set, mpg, timers e.t.c. stick it in there and forget it. then the long cable connects new head to your dsp in back, no cutting, remember to connect the aerial lead too, part of the long lead. the stuff in the boot is the easiest bit...

Click image to enlarge

Post #448088 17th Aug 2017 3:41am
Covbandit

Great stuff thankyou. Finally an install that retains factory wiring and looks great. Time to get saving. Cant sell my screen anyway as half the pixels are gone and still be able to reset clock and trips. Its a win win win.

Post #448095 17th Aug 2017 8:24am
Gold Ranger

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

i think i am going to go down this route as it will be cheaper than having my box upgraded to get digital tv and radio which i probably wont use - but would use the usb interface

Post #448143 17th Aug 2017 3:26pm
Gold Ranger

bobsin - one question - running the long cable , does the seat have to come out to run it front to back ? either passenger or drivers? - cheers

Post #448407 19th Aug 2017 7:25pm
Joe90

England 

You should be able to feed it along the channels under the kick plates / carpets, then up into the rear wheel arch cover (inside). You may have to release the B pillar cover for good measure. .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #448409 19th Aug 2017 8:11pm
Gold Ranger

thanks for the reply joe

for many years i use to fit - car stereos - amps - car alarms - hands free phone kits and its fun practically taking the car apart just to run / hide the cables but not done that stuff for a while

im guessing as bobsin said remove cd changer - replace with existing headunit so it can run the dsp in the boot - fit new head unit in place in dash - run cable and test

and afterwards my cd changer and sat nav unit will be surplus to requirements

Last edited by Gold Ranger on 20th Aug 2017 11:45am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #448411 19th Aug 2017 8:17pm
Covbandit

Thats the way l see it, this method was done a while back but with the use of a parrot lead. Also its worth considering running some rcas down with the lead in case you want to add a sub at a later stage. Will be going for one once l have sorted out some surplus cash and l can justify it to the other half lol. Plus l woyld imagine you can also get rid of the tv tuner amd phone modules too as they wont be needed either.

Post #448451 20th Aug 2017 11:43am
bobsin

Eonon

Hi again, I managed the cable run down passenger side, exactly as Joe90 said, just raise passenger seat to max height, it is tight, but it will fit. Roll rear seat forward for easy access over rear wheel arch, then you are there, wasn't a problem. Running extra RCA leads is a good idea, for any future use, but as regards the subwoofer, my OEM standard sub runs fine off the dsp, more than enough power in standard guise, sound is transformed. Next for me is a reverse camera, (pesky privacy glass fitted new). i do know i need to buy the camera from Eonon,, think it is a PAL type, will hide it above number plate under upper tailgate, or more probably up under rear roof spoiler. connections are there, built into long lead, shame not to use them...

Post #448634 22nd Aug 2017 2:16am
Gold Ranger

thanks bobsin - this will be my next job after ive had the car remapped - bills - bills - bills lol

Post #448721 22nd Aug 2017 4:30pm
Gold Ranger

just for testing purposes I've disconnected the bm54 and connected the eonon ga 7201 stereo it powers up but no sound , am I missing something please

and the dsp writing on the existing head is black and the orange led doesn't light up

Post #454288 17th Oct 2017 4:22pm
bobsin

Eonon

hi, you need the long lead, unplug the big plug from the bm54, plug that plug into the SOCKET on your long lead, then put the PLUG on your long lead into the bm54, basically, the original loom TO the bm54 is interupted by the long lead, then the audio output from the bm54 is redundant, and the dsp is fed from the Eonon, but most importantly the bm54 NEEDS to be connected and powered up to wake up and keep the DSP alive, (via the ibus,) which is connected to your car speakers, the original head unit is fed by the bm54. that is why your old head is not powered up. you need the old head unit to switch on the dsp, which ultimately feeds your speakers, using the Eonon output as it's high level input. You can hide the old unit and forget it then, it serves only to keep the DSP alive via the ibus. in the glovebox is best, because it fits, and the original lead to it is long enough to reach. You are not getting any sound because your DSP is off, so all speakers are in effect disconnected from the audio output from your Eonon. Regards, Bob

Click image to enlarge

Post #454353 18th Oct 2017 1:11am
littlecub

Australia 2003 Range Rover HSE Td6 Epsom Green

I bought a eonon system last year for my 03 hse and it would only work for a few miles.

I got in contact with them and they said download this update and all will be ok.

I had already pulled it back out and havent bothered to put it back in as the link they gave me doesnt work so I've got a virtually brand new ES3061B thats now used as a paper weight.

peed off is an understatement.

cheers

Post #454361 18th Oct 2017 6:10am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>