Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Lost all keys
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Johnsd1v8

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography Td6 Zambezi Silver

Holiday chicken where are you located im in cheshire and i have a man who is top notch he made me a new updated key with chip etc for £120 and it works fine i can give you his number if you wish to chat with him

Post #448815 23rd Aug 2017 12:42pm
DeRanged Rover

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE Td6 Java Black

There is a process for pairing the transponder to the Key. I had to do that when I got a new key

https://www.landyzone.co.uk/land-rover/l32...set.45227/

See if that works?

C African Bush Junkie ... in London!

Stats:
2006 TD6 Vogue SE
1972-2015 DeRanged Rover
2001 P38 dHSE (SOLD)

Post #448827 23rd Aug 2017 3:03pm
holidaychicken

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Johnsd1v8 wrote:
Holiday chicken where are you located im in cheshire and i have a man who is top notch he made me a new updated key with chip etc for £120 and it works fine i can give you his number if you wish to chat with him

I'm in kent about 30 miles east of london so probably a bit out of his way, I am going to try once more with the guy that tried the first time but you could answer me this, did your man take out the EWS module and send it off to be read and paired with a new key or did he do it at the vehicle, thats if yours is pre 2006 ish.
This guy sent of the EWS module.

thanks for the reply

Post #448850 23rd Aug 2017 7:56pm
holidaychicken

DeRanged Rover wrote:
There is a process for pairing the transponder to the Key. I had to do that when I got a new key

https://www.landyzone.co.uk/land-rover/l32...set.45227/

See if that works?

C

thanks for the reply, I had a look but the problem we have is that although we can open the drivers door with the key, the alarm goes off and although the key should still turn in the ignition, it doesn't so i can't follow that procedure.
The man that supplied the replacement key says there must be another fault with the vehicle which is topping the key from turning like a blown fuse supplying the EWS etc so i will check that when the battery goes back on fully charged.
There are also two separate processes, one to pair the alarm / central locking so the fob opens the doors and then a separate procedure for pairing the transponder to the ignition switch to allow it to turn.
Hopefully get this sorted soon
thanks guys

Post #448851 23rd Aug 2017 8:00pm
Johnsd1v8

Holidaychicken mine is a 54 plate model year 05 he did mine at the car pluged something into it a read some numbers or codes they were and hey presto

Post #448859 23rd Aug 2017 8:45pm
Johnsd1v8

I searced everywhere with in a 60 mile radius from me no one said they could do it then i found this company called star keys in chester near me in cheshire he said yes i can do that sure enough he did

Post #448861 23rd Aug 2017 8:47pm
holidaychicken

Thanks guys, this leads to me to confirm even further that the guy my friend paid a load of money to doesn't have a clue what he is doing.
And both of you had no keys to start with ?

Post #448902 24th Aug 2017 12:52am
Johnsd1v8

I had 1 key but the man i used didnt need to do anything with that key he came to my house was there about 2 and a bit hour job done

Post #448907 24th Aug 2017 6:02am
holidaychicken

ok, thanks for the info, I'll try ringing him again tomorrow and arrange something for next week.

Post #448971 24th Aug 2017 7:03pm
Lukie

2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

You still not got this sorted? My offer still stands send me the EWS and keys I will check everything is programmed correctly for free (well just return postage)

Post #449162 26th Aug 2017 3:29pm
holidaychicken

Latest is.....
I managed to release the gear lever into neutral using the little black lever under the gear knob, for those that don't know, i just pulled up the panel that the gear lever skirt is attached to and under there is a little black lever that if you pull that up, pull in the button on the gear lever it will go into neutral and i noticed the steering lock wasn't on which is a little strange, so we tried it lock to lock and nothing happened so we managed to tow it around the corner to my house and onto my drive.

i removed the alarm sounder so i could work on it without annoying the neighbours.

i refitted the fully charged battery, checked all the fuses which were fine but still no go with the key.
The immobiliser ECU that is fitted is not the EWS as the key programming guy said but the later YWC500234 as he hasnt put it back into the location under the centre console but it is just loose under the drinks holder.

I am going to check the wires are not lose going to the ignition barrel and try and contact the guy next week.
Failing that i will probably call in somebody else to have a go.........

Post #449164 26th Aug 2017 3:31pm
holidaychicken

Lukie wrote:
You still not got this sorted? My offer still stands send me the EWS and keys I will check everything is programmed correctly for free (well just return postage)

Thank you for that, he has only just got the genuine key through and i am trying to get the original programmer to come back and sort it but if he can't or won't i may take you up on that which will be a great help as it will tell me if I need to trace the problem to elsewhere.
the guy reckons the genuine key should work straight out the box but i dont think that is correct
He said the unit was EWS but it isn't it is the later YWC500234, would that make a difference to what you can do ?

The vehicle had literally taken root outside his house but the police were going to tow it as it was sorn but he had only put it on the path but they cut him some slack as he is unwell but would have come back and taken it at some point so this encouraged him to get it sorted and now it's on my drive ........

This is a pic of the ECU, luckily the guy couldnt be arsed to fit it back in it's proper place so it is visible under the cup holder location.

Many thanks

Post #449213 26th Aug 2017 9:54pm
knares

Australia 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

just marking this post so i can follow it
i did ask my local dealer for a new key, they said, give them the vin no and $500 and it will take six weeks to come from the UK ???

Post #449218 27th Aug 2017 5:06am
holidaychicken

Wow, that's a bit steep, the one we purchased was £150 and they said 3 weeks but arrived within a week - doesn't work though Sad
I am guessing it's ll the shipping involved for you, it has taken me 3 weeks to get stuff from the USA before, that was 1 week to travel across the world, 3 days to get through customs and about 2 weeks to get it from my local parcelforce depot 15 miles away... Confused

Post #449235 27th Aug 2017 12:10pm
holidaychicken

knares wrote:
just marking this post so i can follow it
i did ask my local dealer for a new key, they said, give them the vin no and $500 and it will take six weeks to come from the UK ???

I wonder if you could buy from my local dealer direct the same as I did, if they won't send it to the states I could pick it up and mail it on a courier of your choice or send the courier into the landrover dealer yourself to collect it?
Guy Salmon in Maidstone Kent supplied mine and APC couriers are on the same estate.

Post #449283 28th Aug 2017 1:08am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>