Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > Is this too good to be true?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Is this too good to be true?

I mean it sounds amazing... Especially with my DPF filling up every 5 minutes....

ezero1 - On Demand Fuel Additive System
- Hydrogen fuel additive system
- Increases fuel efficiency by up to 25%
- Reduces engine emissions by up to 80%
- Keeps DPFs clean

https://www.cgon.co.uk/Docs/CGON%20Brochure%20July2017.pdf

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/ar...bills.html

thoughts? Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #448991 24th Aug 2017 9:09pm
Paul J.

England 

Click image to enlarge

Question Whistle

Post #449005 24th Aug 2017 10:10pm
Paul J.

England 

Quote from the brochure: "Through extensive testing at our research and development facility we discovered the correct chemistry to e ciently create hydrogen. And not just any hydrogen, but the more powerful ortho hydrogen, literally on demand."

Rolling with laughter

Ortho hydrogen my arse!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spin_isomers_of_hydrogen

Post #449008 24th Aug 2017 10:15pm
Andra

United Kingdom 

The science works . It will clean your emissions . It can also corrode your engine internals if not done properly .

You can make your own hydrogen generator for pennies . Just do a lot of research .

The guy is taking the Censored charging fortunes for that device .
The nay sayers know feck all .

Post #449082 25th Aug 2017 5:43pm
cass

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey

What a brilliant idea, I just wonder how ALL of the manufacturers in the whole world have missed this after spending billions to improve economy and emissions.
If I can use this along side magnetic filters on the fuel lines (anyone else remember them?) and a couple of shots of some other magic potions that we've been promised work wonders, then add up all of the percentage savings, my cars will pay me to drive them.
Perhaps I'm too cynical

Post #449087 25th Aug 2017 6:32pm
Grofus

Ireland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

I have used these cells myself. They do work if you can overcome the extra oxygen produced messing with O2 sensors values. The ECU thinks it's running lean and compensates by adding fuel so you lose any gain in MPG. However is does run smoother and much cleaner.
I tested and used one on a Peugeot Bipper van for about a year.
MPG up from 40 to around 56 average. Emissions though were greatly reduced. I even took took the Cat off and had it tested and it was still better than standard and no black soot. Held a white rag over the exhaust and it was virtually clean.
The downsides. Winter when the electrolyte freezes. The electronics needed to "fool" the ECU that the extra oxygen doesn't matter.
High current draw on the alternator.
Maybe Cgon have sorted these issues as I certainly wouldn't market them as mine was.
Also ortho hydrogen does exist as opposed to para hydrogen. Look up isomers of hydrogen
Brown's gas is one name used as well as HHO. A better gas is Merricks gas as this does not contain the oxygen, as it uses an Ammonia based electrolyte, so doesn't need the electronics and also doesn't freeze until around - 25C but I don't have experience of that. Never looked into it.
Overcome those 2 big issues and you have a winner.
As the man said "Bees shouldn't fly."
To gain maximum benefit from the technology then the engine needs to be designed for it . The added hydrogen changes the flame front and speed of burn so valve and ignition timing changes are needed.
From my experience the technology works but needed perfecting to be saleable in my opinion. It's a better bet than electric cars which is a piped dream. 2007 Vogue TDV8 in Zermatt Silver with Charcoal

Post #456735 10th Nov 2017 5:32am
Giantlandyman

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

Apologies for answering a question with a question but if they are that good at reducing emissions, why are car makers not fitting them or similar to their cars at point of manufacture considering the pressure they are under?

I'm sure VW would have pounced on this idea rather than fit a defeat device to fool emissions testing.

Post #456758 10th Nov 2017 11:13am
Grofus

Ireland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Originally these were sold as fuel savers. The emissions benefits were a bonus.
The old carburetor engines were easy to modify. You simply leaned them off and it was done.
Modern cars need the electronics "fooling". This stuff never goes mainstream. There are too many big players with financial interests in oil.
Pogues, a Canadian man if I remember rightly, invented a carb that enabled 200+ MPG from American v8's back in the 40's.
Or that was the claim. It heated and vapourized the fuel before combustion. It had extremely fine capillaries that enabled it to heat the fuel quickly enough.
Oil companies added Lead to petrol and clogged these up within 50 miles rendering it useless. Remember the Lead in petrol?
Then our government tells us how bad we are for burning so much fuel so inefficiently. You couldn't make it up. Oh, wait, they did !!
It's ALL about money.

Edit. Found this
http://truedemocracyparty.net/new-energy-s...arburetor/ 2007 Vogue TDV8 in Zermatt Silver with Charcoal

Post #456804 10th Nov 2017 3:41pm
Paul J.

England 

Giantlandyman wrote:

Yes.

Post #456845 10th Nov 2017 9:27pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

The reference from the Morgan Motor Company is interesting...

“We have been testing CGON’s ezero1 product over the recent months and have found a significant difference in both emission levels and MPG; we are pleased to be working with CGON who will help to provide a greener and leaner solution to our vehicle in conjunction with other activities. We are hopeful that the product will become part of our products in the near future leading to saving in CO2 and fuel consumption for our customers.”
Graham Chapman, Technology Director, Morgan Motor Company

Trustworthy, right?

Post #456865 11th Nov 2017 12:07am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1