Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Finance, Insurance & Warranties > Not happy :-(
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
dingg1

2007 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Stornoway Grey

To be clear have they offered you 7.5k and you keep the car?

if so go for it , you can easily source second hand parts at cheap prices , lots of folk are upgrading to 2010 spec

you can do the job in two days - I know I've done it

if your rad pack is not compromised it isn't that bad a shunt .

Post #450817 13th Sep 2017 2:40pm
gizze

United Kingdom 

Zeb wrote:
.....repairs are £6600 + potentially a new bonnet and respray because it may be bent, alongside the slam panel.

That should be the cash in lieu settlement.
With no Cat D marker. Porsche 911 (996)
2015 BMW 5 Series Touring
Not got a LR of any kind at the mo, and got itchy feet.

Post #450823 13th Sep 2017 3:02pm
Zeb

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Tonga Green

Yeah..am happy with the amount..just want to avoid the Cat D..!

Post #450825 13th Sep 2017 3:22pm
gizze

United Kingdom 

Yeah I would too.

hence pushing for Cash in Lieu.

However, I reckon you could do that lot for a lot less than that quote.
Probably do a whole facelift conversion and still be left with a good chunk of money.

Take lots of pics of the damage so if you need to sell you can show why it was written off.

If it costs you say £3k, you will be left with £4500, you will only need to sell it for around £6k to be better off than now. Porsche 911 (996)
2015 BMW 5 Series Touring
Not got a LR of any kind at the mo, and got itchy feet.

Post #450828 13th Sep 2017 3:52pm
Rob99

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

If you can walk away with around £6,500 in cash and the car then it's probably worth doing. Means you get to keep the car you clearly cherish and it isnt devalued as a Cat D. Get the repairs done and you will be back to how it was before the incident Thumbs Up

Also, ask yourself how the claims management company are getting paid? Someone along the way will be paying them. Don't be tempted to accept a hire car from them either. They have some very dodgy practices, like asking you to sign stuff like a fee loan agreement. Have a search on google and you'll see some of the things they get up to and how people have been badly caught out by them.

If the other insurer are being reasonable, why not deal with them direct.

Good luck. Thumbs Up 2017 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography
2012 4.4 TDV8 Westminster - Gone, but not forgotten

Post #450829 13th Sep 2017 4:14pm
mogman50

England 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Tonga Green

Hi,

It might be painful to accept but I think their offer of £9,300 is pretty good.

I've been offered in part ex £8,000 for my 2008 TDV8 SE with 105k miles so unless your car is much better than mine it sounds good. And mine is in excellent condition with FSH. No way would you need to pay 11k for a equivalent 2006 replacement unless yours is really low mileage. You should be able to find a good one for much less than they are offering you.

Accepting their offer is the quick way forward and lets you have the fun of choosing a new car with cash left over. Hopefully!.

Watty

Post #450831 13th Sep 2017 4:34pm
NobbyC

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Buckingham Blue

Continue to push for the cash in lieu settlement, with no Cat D marker. You get to keep the car and if you can't face doing the repair you could always consider selling it "as is"for a few grand which I'm sure a few enthusiasts on here would be interested in and which would also give you the top up cash you need for a suitable replacement.

Post #450862 13th Sep 2017 8:20pm
Zeb

Ok so my favourite Indy and the bodyshop have both now said that there may be additional costs to repair owing to the unknown of the slam panel and the bonnet. Apparently also the slam panel has pushed one of the wings out of alignment too. Consequently I have also been looking at a replacement vehicle, same spec, roughly same age and mileage and same interior colour. I am told that the pay out should reflect the cost of a replacement within my area for an equivalent vehicle from a dealership. All well and good but the reality is, looking on Autotrader, Parkers and CarGuru, there are just TEN in the entire country and with an average price of £12,440. Whilst I appreciate that £9368 should be enough to get a replacement...IF I accept something different and travel a fair way, I am not convinced I should have to do either really..not least because nobody will reimburse my travel costs! I also appreciate that I can buy privately..but that isn't what their valuation is based upon. Maybe I am just being awkward but I have to say that the insurers' first offer maybe isn't all it is cracked up to be.

Last edited by Zeb on 14th Sep 2017 9:59am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #450882 14th Sep 2017 8:24am
Rob99

I would have expected that, if you can provide information on the cost of replacing your fattie with an equivalent vehicle from a dealer, then that should be what you can expect as a settlement offer for your car. So, if that's £12k or so then any settlement offer should be around that figure, in which case the offer of less than £10k seems well short of the mark. Rolling Eyes

It always annoys me the hassle you and others have to go through to get even a reasonable outcome in these situations when the bottom line is that it is through no fault of your own..... Shocked 2017 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography

Post #450891 14th Sep 2017 9:39am
Weegie

Scotland 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Zeb wrote:
the insurers' first offer .

Which is what it is. I think with the information you have and the fact that you were the innocent party you have room for a fair bit more negotiation.

Good luck with it. Thumbs Up John
2008 Stornoway Grey 3.6 Tdv8 Vogue
2005 TD6 Java Black Vogue - Written off!!
GAP iiD BT
2003 Discovery TD5 Auto, Nanocom Evolution - gone to a new home!
MasseyFerguson 152 - No electronics!! - Sold

Post #450894 14th Sep 2017 9:46am
Rob99

.....and of course, although insurers will always say their offer is final which pressures you into settling, you always have the option of taking them to court. In my experience they will always avoid going to court as unreasonable penny pinching insurers are never seen in a good light by judges when compared to the innocent victims...!! 2017 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography

Post #450901 14th Sep 2017 11:47am
Zeb

Well I can but hope...believe it or not they are telling me that once the vehicle is deemed a write off I cannot have a cash in lieu settlement...which I think is ridiculous..anyway, so that gives me the option of Cat D or the cash...so I have pointed out my findings as regards finding another with the same interior and the costs so they are going to do their own research and come back to me...

Post #450908 14th Sep 2017 12:13pm
Rob99

Sounds like it might be going in the right direction for you Thumbs Up 2017 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography

Post #450910 14th Sep 2017 12:46pm
martinf

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Santorini Black

You are entitled to be put back in the position you were in before the damage occurred. This means that if you can demonstrate to the other party's insurers that an equivalent car to the one they want to write off will cost £12,000 and you can produce a selection of adverts to demonstrate this, then that is what they must pay you. No ifs or buts. You want to be made whole after their insured caused you loss.

It would be different if you were claiming on your own insurance where your contract with them may say that they pay you what you could have sold your car for. That it irrelevant in this instance.

Post #450918 14th Sep 2017 3:50pm
Rob99

Have the other insurers provided you with a like for like hire car yet. It's what would usually happen if they have admitted liability. I've been offered a Disco when mine is in for repair later this month.

It could be another "negotiating" point - you agree to forego a hire car (probably £80-100 a day) if they agree a reasonable settlement quickly. 2017 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography

Post #450922 14th Sep 2017 5:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>