Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Finance, Insurance & Warranties > Not happy :-(
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Zeb

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Tonga Green

I have been given a Porsche Cayenne diesel for the duration at the cost of his insurance. I am told the hire cost is £261 per day so am amazed that this has not all been settled much sooner! Accident was a month ago tomorrow. However, the Claims management company tell me that if I dispute the settlement the hire car is forfeit...they tell me I can accept interim payment and then dispute...no idea what happens to the hire car then...and equally, once settlement is agreed I only have 24 hours before I have to give it back! Doesn't give one much chance to chase up another car!

Post #450927 14th Sep 2017 4:48pm
1strangerover2017

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Well your hire car so far has cost them around £7k!, so far ....... looks like someone is loosing out and Ian sure there will still be more negotiations..... read you hire car agreement! And the agreement you signed with the accident management company.

Forgot to say at that rate, my ffrr is available for £7k per month Very Happy Very Happy

Post #450930 14th Sep 2017 5:48pm
martinf

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Santorini Black

I am not convinced by the claims management companies assertion that if you dispute the settlement the loan car is forfeit. You want a fair settlement to which you are entitled and until you get an acceptable offer you need to be provided with temporary transport.

Of course if you refused a reasonable offer that would be different. But you need to do your own research so that you can readily determine if an offer is reasonable. I would be very wary of accepting an "interim" offer as you may find that you are deemed to have accepted it in full and final settlement.

Post #450931 14th Sep 2017 6:04pm
Rob99

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

1strangerover2017 wrote:
..... read you hire car agreement! And the agreement you signed with the accident management company.

@ Zeb
I cannot agree more strongly on this point, there are some real horror stories about claims management companies. Have you signed a hire agreement for the Porsche? The other insurer should have provided a vehicle at no cost to you and you would not have had to sign anything. If the Porsche was supplied by the claims company then it is likely that the insurer won't agree to pay the inflated £261 daily rate as they will argue (reasonably) that they could have provided it at a lower rate direct. They will argue in court that you have a responsibility to mitigate your losses and you may end up liable for some or all of the hire cost. I do hope that's not the case.

I was pushed towards a claims company in July by my insurer but after speaking to them and getting the paperwork through that they wanted me to sign I googled them and then dropped them like a hot potato.

I'm not trying to scare you but don't want you to be caught out by their very sharp practices. Google their name and see what comes up. 2017 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography
2012 4.4 TDV8 Westminster - Gone, but not forgotten

Post #450935 14th Sep 2017 6:48pm
Zeb

The claims management company are employed by Endsleigh Insurance..I did due diligence and checked them out and found no issues with them. The Rangey was used for my business...I am self employed, the large size of the vehicle and the 4 wheel drive both being necessary for the nature of where I live and my work...so I am not worried regarding mitigating my losses as the vehicle..whilst not ideal...has enabled me to continue working. All I have had to sign is in relation to insurance for the hire car thus far but I will have another read through the documentation I have. I have not signed any agreement with the accident management company. They have my verbal permission to pursue the claim...which only relates to the car and the replacement vehicle..all other uninsured losses are being pursued via Endsleigh. I will double-check everything in the morning!

Post #450940 14th Sep 2017 8:27pm
Rob99

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

That all sounds positive so hope it gets resolved soon for you. Its always a pain when these things happen through no fault of your own. 2017 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography
2012 4.4 TDV8 Westminster - Gone, but not forgotten

Post #450986 15th Sep 2017 10:23am
Zeb

Ok, so the engineers - who are independent..a company called 'Tec Report' deemed the value at £9368 and they won't move on that as they found an 07 plate with 111k and same spec for sale for £9500..and they only need to find one example apparently! So, not fighting this one as life is too short and I hate the Porsche. I will however go for blood re uninsured losses - eg. full tank of diesel in the old car.. and the train fare / overnight accommodation to collect the new car. Thumbs Up

Post #451266 18th Sep 2017 10:46am
Zeb

Just to finish the story off....I am now the new and delighted owner of this Range Rover TDV8 Vogue SE..and after driving her all the way back from Devon I can't fault her! Very Happy

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic44430.html

Post #452141 26th Sep 2017 9:00am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

thats a nice one.. Thumbs Up ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #452142 26th Sep 2017 9:22am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123