Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > L405 Fixed Side Steps
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
RRVSE

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Corris Grey

Mine came with step by step instructions ( what a pun!) as to how to fit them and what needs cutting out. You have to remove the underside plastic protectors that run the length of each side of the car and cut out bits (marked on the plastic already if I remember) so as to fit the 4 step mounting brackets. I put my car in extended off road height (i.e. engine running, hazard flashers on, then use remote key fob to raise car higher than normal off road height, then engine off again) and put a couple of axle stands underneath it just for good measure. Bit cramped, but got it done ok , a pit or ramp would have been handy though Smile Steve

Main car : FFRR L405 Vogue SDV8
Other car : Vauxhall Lotus Carlton
Past cars : FFRR L322 Vogue TD6 SE (Sept 2006 MY07) ; LandCruiser SWB ; 4-Runner ; Supras; XJS V12 LeMans

Post #451741 22nd Sep 2017 2:51pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

It would be really handy if you went through the "extended off road height" bit again please; you had written it a bit quickly and I can read that fast Rolling Eyes

Please would you let me know which were the buttons that you used and how?

Post #451752 22nd Sep 2017 4:27pm
RRVSE

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Corris Grey

To put into extended off road...
1: Leave engine running
2: Put hazard flashers on
3: get out of car and shut door and stand within a few metres of the car.
4: Then ,whilst holding down the headlight button on the key fob and keeping it down, then also push and hold the door unlock button, this raises the car first to off road (if not already at that level) then, if you keep pushing, it gradually goes slowly higher and higher (back first then front, alternating between the 2) and then hits a point where it stops (the car bleeps each time you push the buttons as per the sound when you lock the doors).
To lower it, same process but use the boot release button instead of the door unlock (or you can just let it go back to normal height the next time you drive off).
If it does not respond to the fob, it may be that the car thinks the key is out of range (will show on the dash) so the worst you do is put the key next to the steering column on the left side so it can 'detect' it again, or even just lean into the car and that can be enough most times.
That's it , gets you another 3 or 4inches in clearance I guess but does help when under the car. Steve

Main car : FFRR L405 Vogue SDV8
Other car : Vauxhall Lotus Carlton
Past cars : FFRR L322 Vogue TD6 SE (Sept 2006 MY07) ; LandCruiser SWB ; 4-Runner ; Supras; XJS V12 LeMans

Post #451817 23rd Sep 2017 12:21pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

That’s a very great help, thank you! Thumbs Up

Post #451833 23rd Sep 2017 3:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12