Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > EASC air suspension reset tool - Air suspension inactive
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
swast4

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black
EASC air suspension reset tool - Air suspension inactive

Hi,
I thought I would start a new thread to review the EASC reset tool I have just purchased and installed as another thread was started but with a title which could get missed if people are carrying out a search.. Anyway I digress, I bought it from ebay and have fitted this tool to my 2002 RR. What can I say but what a great product, great instructions and fantastic customer service. (and no I'm not affiliated with the company)

You do have to hardwire it into your car but it will only take an hour or so, depending on weather, as I did it last week and couldn't feel my fingers and when wiring, this becomes difficult. Chris the company owner/seller has been really helpful and quick to rspond.

You have to wire in 5 wires into your EAS which is relatively simple, if not a little bit fiddly, but just follow the instructions and pull the EAS fuse out before you start as fully described in the clear instructions. In the instructions it refers to different coloured wires with a pin number reference, you will ask yourself which pin is which but if you disconnect the black connection plug from the EAS you can see in very small writing the pin number for reference, (this will be clear when you do it)

The reason I bought it was I was getting a few 'Air Suspension inactive' messages and this was costing me £20 a pop to reset. I found out from my Indy that the compressor was tierd and not reaching its fill. I decided I would buy the reset tool, fit it and reset it when it threw up a fault and I would then have the flexibility to read other faults, reset, calibrate and adjust my suspension for a lot less money than I wouild pay for new compressor. Yes your right I still need a new compressor but I can deal with a slower reacting suspension (due to tierd compressor) and a reset every week or 2, as I have more money in my pocket, more flexibilty to adjust suspension and a means to diagnose and reset my faults. In the mean time I'm still hopeful someone will come up with a seal kit to overhaul my compressor for a reasonable price)

I also wanted to lower the suspension slightly to offset my 22" RIMs. Yes not to everyones taste but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I hope this info helps make up peoples minds.

Adam

Here is the link to the origonal post and discussing.

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic4293.html?highlight=easc

Post #45188 8th Jan 2011 11:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1