Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Newbie with a few questions before I buy please!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
miss.ajc

United Kingdom 
Newbie with a few questions before I buy please!!

Hello everyone

I want to buy an Approved Used Range Rover Autobiography in the next month or two and certainly before Christmas. It will most probably be a 2013 model (but not older) and I would be really grateful for some advice please, so here goes!

1. Most important to me is comfort and I want to reduce the amount of bumps I will feel. I have read that the 4.4 SDV8 is more comfortable than the 3.0 SDV6. Is there much difference between the two? If I drove both straight after each other would I think wow that is SO different or is it minimal? I will only be driving on normal roads.

2. In second place of what is important to me is a parking heating whether it is on a timer or on a remote control. Is this a standard item on the Autobiography from 2013 onwards? I am looking on Autotrader and not every advert mentions the parking heater.

3. I am currently driving a BMW X5 which I bought as an AUC. In the lead up to the 1year warranty expiring I was given two prices (monthly premium) to renew it. One price if my mileage was under 60,000 miles, and a higher monthly premium if my mileage was over 60,000 miles. In the end I qualified for the former price which has paid for itself a couple of times over! Do Land Rover also do this when the 2yr warranty runs out? I know roughly how many miles I will do in 2years back and forth from work so this will help me choose a car based on it's mileage.

4. Is double glazing standard or would it have been an option? If it is an option and the car didn't have it would I be able to add double glazed windows and not invalidate the warranty? I have no idea of cost which may be too high but I thought I would ask the question anyway. With my BMW X5 I can't change a single thing otherwise BMW may not stand by the warranty, at least that's what they told me.

5. I also like the idea of "Adaptive Cruise Control with Queue Assist" which I have seen on 2013 models on Autotrader which is great news. Would this have been a standard feature?

Thank you very much!!

Amanda

Post #452869 3rd Oct 2017 6:48pm
Mariana Black

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Mariana Black

Hi
I can only comment on what happen to me. I was buying a 3.0 Autobiography 2013 model and there was a delay in building, then an issue with the glass suppliers for the sunroof or so I was told by the dealer but my spec had changed to a 2014M5 model.
I was lucky as I managed to acquire two brochures for my car a 2013 model (publication issue2) and a 2014 (publication issue3) and the changers are simple to spot.

Autobiography 2013 model comes with Remote Park heating (other model option 043AV)
Adaptive Xenon headlamps with LED signature lighting, automatic levelling and power wash (other model option 064DI)
Automatic headlamp with high beam assist HBA (other model option 030NT)
Tyre pressure monitoring system OPTIONAL cost £395 (option 062AD)
Adaptive cruise Control ACC with queue assist etc.... (other model option 065AG)
Homelink (other model option025FG)

In the 14M5 model change the adaptive head lights cost £300
The tow bar increased by £140 to £950
Parallel Park, Park exit, Perpendicular park & 360 distance control was an option (086HA £900)
TPMS was standard
The seats changed with the option for upper articulation (033TL £600 only for the Autobiography)
The rear parcel shelf has an extra fold
Homelink was an option extra £200
Traffic sign recognition with Automatic high beam assist but unable to have Homelink (086DB £600)

I hope this has given you some help
Happy looking

3.0 14M5 Autobiography

Post #452886 3rd Oct 2017 9:45pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

1 - they are different - the 4.4 has a heavier engine, but a fancy system called adaptive dynamics to more than cater for it - you need to drive them both really

2 yes

3 no idea

4 it’s not really double glazing - no air gap in the middle - but I think they all have it

5 would be standard on an AB

Post #452899 3rd Oct 2017 10:37pm
bembo449

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Adriatic Blue

you may want to have a read of the "stolen" thread currently running on here too ! eyes wide open and all that

Post #452905 3rd Oct 2017 10:52pm
Alistair

TBH - the same issue exists with pretty much any newer high end car - but here’s the “stolen” thread -

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic43492.html

Post #452915 4th Oct 2017 7:29am
miss.ajc

United Kingdom 

Thank you so much for the replies! I will certainly read the Stolen thread and post a couple of questions.

I would also appreciate a bit of advice on the money side. I will be buying from a main dealer and paying cash. If for example the car is advertised at £50,000 what should I offer? I must confess haggling is not by strong point, or rather I don't have much experience.

I look at Autotrader quite often at the moment and it seems a lot of the older cars are not selling. Maybe that's because everyone is leasing new ones? Anyway a little steer would be great. Also anything else I could ask LR to throw in? I don't imagine another year of servicing would be on offer but is there anything else they might say yes to? I do love a bargain!

Also should I reveal early on in the discussion that I am paying cash or should I enquire about their financing in case they offer a discount.

Sorry if these are silly questions!

Thanks
Amanda

Post #452946 4th Oct 2017 12:52pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

New or secondhand you will be lucky to get over £3k off unless it is massively overpriced to start with. I managed to squeeze £3k for a cash/straight deal off a stock vehicle with no PX as it was the end of the month and the 1/4 and they had sales targets to meet and wanted money in the bank asap and the car gone. 2021 L405 Vogue SE 4.4 V8 DIESEL ~ #17

Post #452950 4th Oct 2017 1:18pm
rar110

Australia 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

Closing the deal just before end of month seems to be an extra motivation in Australia. Identify your shortlist. Let them all know you are looking at cars at a few dealers, have the cash and ready to buy before end of month from whoever gives the best deal. You need to invest a bit of time but it can be worthwhile.

Good luck. ______________________________
Vogue tdv8 08MY poverty pack - wow

Post #452991 4th Oct 2017 10:06pm
jumpin mouse

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

If you're not so experienced about haggling just think what you could do with that £1,000 or whatever the amount is and stick to your guns. You do have to be reasonable but then be stubborn and have no shame. You need to be prepared to call their bluff. If they don't agree at the time in my experience they will often ring you one or two days later and agree to the deal.

End of the month deals will sometimes be a bit easier as they all have aggressive targets to meet and if you identify a similar vehicle at a different dealer make them aware of this.

Post #453009 5th Oct 2017 6:15am
Alistair

I usually find 2 or 3 that are close to what I want - let them know you are looking at a couple of others but you need to have the deal done by XXX date - then explain to them that their car is the one you like the best, but dealer XXX is offering a better price.

Anything is possible - a years servicing & MOT - new mats or any other accessories that they might sell etc.

Post #453015 5th Oct 2017 8:14am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1