Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > MY18 Paint Colours & Prices - Stupidity
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

If you can no longer specify one which looks at home in a field or a farmyard, it’s over - suspect they’re getting close to that point now.

A City Rover is a very different prospect...

Post #453165 6th Oct 2017 11:34am
fisha

2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

I was told years ago by a dealer (admittedly VW) that silver was the most popular colour because it was the majority's acceptable second choice.

I.e. people would come in asking for specific colour ( lets say green ! ) and the salesman would say "I'm afraid that will take X weeks from the factory ... would you like this silver one we have right here in the showroom that you can drive away today? "

To me that may work for mass produced fleet type cars, but a great deal of RR's are going to be factory builds ... so it shouldn't really matter about various paint colours being available. The robots simply select a different paint when the shell passes them. V8 or else ...

Post #453301 7th Oct 2017 8:32pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Interesting!

The issue is that, although factories say that “everything is built to order”, it’s very misleading. Dealers have to take build slots and they will order cars to fill them.

If they have already sold those cars, they will spec them to the customer’s order. If they are not yet sold, they spec them to whatever colour and spec they feel will be a straightforward sale once it’s no longer spec amendable, so they spec a nice safe and uncontroversial interior and exterior colour combination; something that “would be most people’s second choice”, so nothing’s changed! Laughing

Post #453305 7th Oct 2017 9:04pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

My experience is that Silver Range Rovers are hard to shift its Black or Grey every day for a quick sale...

Post #453309 7th Oct 2017 10:37pm
fisha

2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

Gaz, any thoughts on why that would be the case for silver?

I wonder if it's cause the silver is more likely to be all black inside, and people maybe expect more than that colour wise ? V8 or else ...

Post #453313 7th Oct 2017 10:50pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

Yes nearly all Silver have Jet interiors but I have had a few Parchment/Ivory.

I quite like them I am just pointing out that they do not sell as fast as Black & Grey (In my experience)

Thumbs Up

Post #453338 8th Oct 2017 9:26am
AndyS

United Kingdom 

Red Merle wrote:
Interesting!

The issue is that, although factories say that “everything is built to order”, it’s very misleading. Dealers have to take build slots and they will order cars to fill them.

If they have already sold those cars, they will spec them to the customer’s order. If they are not yet sold, they spec them to whatever colour and spec they feel will be a straightforward sale once it’s no longer spec amendable, so they spec a nice safe and uncontroversial interior and exterior colour combination; something that “would be most people’s second choice”, so nothing’s changed! Laughing

I agree, I've bought my last 2 new cars from my local dealer who had them available immediately. However, these were in the system so available to any dealer on a first come first served basis and they were both in storage at the factory. I do remember dealers having to swop on a like for like basis with another dealer if you wanted to try and get hold of one of their own allocated stock cars that they had in the showroom but it seems cars may be held at the factory now awaiting draw down from whichever dealer has a sale. A fairer scheme if you ask me as I remember years ago some dealers refusing to let go cars that I wanted to buy from my local dealer because they didn't want to lose that sale of stock.

Post #453341 8th Oct 2017 10:04am
AndyS

United Kingdom 

Gazellio @ Prestige Cars wrote:
Yes nearly all Silver have Jet interiors but I have had a few Parchment/Ivory.

I quite like them I am just pointing out that they do not sell as fast as Black & Grey (In my experience)

Thumbs Up

I had a new silver with ivory car in 2011, I liked it but I agree it was a rare colour. Never had a problem getting rid as always part ex with the dealer. They sold it v quickly but probably very lucky as I agree they are likely to be harder to shift, a bit like green too!

Post #453342 8th Oct 2017 10:06am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12