Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > 3 Really annoying things about my MY12 FFRR!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
DavidB64

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Barolo Black
3 Really annoying things about my MY12 FFRR!

We are all loving our Westie, as she is now affectionally know as, however, couple of really annoying grips!

1. Having to push the central unlocking button on the middle of the dash to open all the doors - the amount of times we get out and go to get something out the back to pull the handle and get a locked door!

2. Having to remember to push the lower suspension button to lower the car as SWMBO only has little legs and getting out is fine but the climb up to the side step isn’t to elegant lol.

Is there any way that you can reprogramme the system on switching off the ignition all the doors open and the car goes on to the lower suspension setting?

Finally the warning notice on the sat nav screen getting really bored having to acknowledge every time that it might distract me from driving - anyway this meaningless legal liability disclaimer from JLR can be removed before I put my fist through the screen 😀

Tanks guys

PS great forum thanks for all the hard work Stan & co.

Post #453667 11th Oct 2017 1:32am
muppet

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Barolo Black

I totally sympathise with you on the door unlocking, or not as the case to be…I have exactly the same issue yet on all my other land Rovers it has been fine. I am not sure why they introduced this as it is a massive hindrance for any other doors other than the driver….I assume one of them fault ID things will do the trick because the car can’t be configured to unlock all doors as I have asked the question in a post before…Look fwd to hearing your solutions…. I need more help than most...sorry !!

Post #453672 11th Oct 2017 7:23am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

there's no solution for auto unlock..you can switch off drive away locking from the dash menu though..

the suspension can be permanently lowered using an iidtool but all height modes will be lowered equally..

there's no way of getting rid of the 'i agree' screen ...... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #453673 11th Oct 2017 7:39am
GraemeS

Australia 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Bournville

The CCF settings can be changed to unlock all doors at one, as mine does.

Hitting the lower switch before stopping becomes an automatic habit if done often enough. Waiting until stopped is often too late, for me anyway, as my wife opens her door the moment the car is stopped thereby interrupting the lowering.

The sat-nav liability message is a little annoying for me but not nearly as much as my passenger wife not being able to input a destination once moving.

Post #453684 11th Oct 2017 8:24am
Closerthanmost

England 

Turning off drive-away locking was one of the first things I did on mine as every time we went anywhere SWMBO would always say with great alarm "what was that?". She can remember what Christmas card every one of our friends sent us for the last 5 years, but not that the FFRR locked the doors as we drove away. Turning it off saved a lot of aggravation. She also struggles with the inputting of a postcode as if it's some sort of dark art.

I agree with the "I agree" screen issue but it's not a RR trait, I had it on my last car with builtin satnav as well (X-trail). It just got to be a habit in the end.

Post #453687 11th Oct 2017 8:31am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1