Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > rejected and returned to dealer, it is now back up for sale
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
Reecy

2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

Thanks guys

Wolfie-they already fitted a whole new ecu and infotainment computer system which didn't fix a thing

I don't know who the manufacturer of the system is but whoever made it doesn't know what they are doing- maybe it was from Tandy or RadioShack- do you remember them???

Interesting suggestion with the S-Class, just not my type of motor, so I am off to our nearest Porsche dealer tomorrow to see what is what

The attraction of the XJ Autobiography was manyfold but its such a let down, really, we thought we were buying the best of one of the best but in reality the brand is positioning itself in a false position in the market-it's sub standard

I am gutted really, what a waste of money

Reecy

Post #450326 8th Sep 2017 8:48pm
Fat Wolfie

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Big Cry

I'll still keep my fingers crossed though!

Post #450387 9th Sep 2017 2:18pm
Reecy

2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

Wolfie, I hope you get a satisfactory result.

As for a replacement vehicle for the XJ----I am struggling, went to Porsche today and was completely underwhelmed, looked at the Panamera, funny car, it looks great from some angles but a pig from others I thought, still undecided

Reecy

Post #450422 9th Sep 2017 10:17pm
Fat Wolfie

Thanks @reecy.

It's a tough one - as mentioned earlier I would go for the new S class or maybe a pre-owned Flying Spur. In reality though Swmbo would steer me away from the Flying Spur as she thinks there a bit ostentatious.

When I came to the decision to buy the FF I trawled through possible alternatives at a similar price point but nothing really floated my boat.

Not a fan of Audi - just a personal thing. Have had BMWs and always found them boring. Porsche interiors are a bit too fussy for my liking, that central stack thing seems to have more buttons than a flight deck..XJ might have got a look in but for the money I'd have always thought I should have gone for the 3 pointed star instead. Pre owned Flying Spur or maybe even Ghost were up there but as I said Swmbo wasn't up for either - which I can actually understand.

Bizarrely the route we almost took was the new Volvo V70, would have saved a load of cash too . Has a huge amount of showroom appeal especially with a light interior. But in the end the FF came out on top.

Good luck with the decision making, a nice (albeit first-world) problem to have!

Post #450437 10th Sep 2017 9:12am
adamfawsitt

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

Dear Fat Wolfie,

You have perfectly summed up my thoughts on a daily driver - other than FF and the new S63 announcing next month what else is there that is a great place to sit and doesn't scream I'M AMAZING to other road users....

Hence why I take delivery of my 3rd MY17 this year next week (don't ask...).

Adam

Post #450471 10th Sep 2017 5:27pm
Fat Wolfie

Aw go on - you know you want to tell the long story Very Happy

Post #450537 11th Sep 2017 12:10pm
adamfawsitt

It's not actually that long. Got a Carpathian car in Feb, decided to try Corris in April and have gone back to Carpathian for Sept (mad I know)!

Post #450538 11th Sep 2017 12:17pm
caymanblack

Have you ordered the 18 mdl as well Adam?

Post #450546 11th Sep 2017 1:19pm
adamfawsitt

Yes but not specced it yet (don't know what additional options wheels etc. there are at the moment).

Post #450548 11th Sep 2017 1:24pm
Fat Wolfie

Wow Adam, thought I could be bad!

Post #450550 11th Sep 2017 1:33pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Well, it seems to have sold; it would appear to have been advertised at £99,495 just before it was sold.

Post #453997 14th Oct 2017 5:45am
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

stillrunning wrote:
The system stalled the first time i got in mine, but thought it was me pressing the wrong buttons.
It froze the most times on start up, however it did freeze from time to time during a journey.
problems it caused me when stalling.
if playing music it would suddenly, this was on on all types of media.
on sat nav would stop talking to you. LOL
when reversing it was like it had taken a picture, this would stay on until the system closed down.
i had head up display and the traffic sign recognition would go blank.
when system stalled no touch screen would work and i even tried to turn the unit it off to reduce time it was froze and this also didn't work.
The time to restart varied from 30 secs to sometimes 5 minutes.
other issues were
warning came up in clocks, AEB not initialising from time to time, i do believe an update is available and sort this out.
Climate Control Temperature control not working.

Other people have suffered with their phone disconnecting but i was never using my phone when the system stalled as no Censored rings me LOL
One last thing that really annoyed me, is I had to buy a sim card to get live updates, something i hope they have looked at.

Other than that a complete joy to drive and I miss it like crazy.
I am about to order another one just want the update to confirmed as complete, as this fault wasn't in every car (so I am told)

I'm now 1,397 miles and 14 days in with mine and thought you would like to know how the software, as of 2 weeks ago, is performing:

1. I had the DVD player freeze, about 10 times in a row, on the drive back from picking the car up. We parked up to have a coffee and when we got back in it was working again and the problem hasn't returned.

2. After about a week, it lost the Bluetooth connection mid call. After a stop at the supermarket, it re-set and it hasn't happened again.

3. The Bluetooth was reluctant to connect on the way home last night.

Nothing else has gone wrong. While it may not have been perfect, they've been minor frustrations so far and certainly nothing like what you had to put up with! Shocked

You've just reminded me to get the SIM card installed. What are the "live updates" that I should receive with the SIM card installed?

Post #453998 14th Oct 2017 6:14am
stillrunning

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

it does appear to have sold or took off sale as they still have issues with the car LOL

I was told last night Land Rover have finally getting there act together and the latest set up of updates are starting to resolve issues, bodes well for the new one when i eventually get it.

as far as blue tooth goes Paul the other lad who rejected his that is on here had similar issues, I hope yours isn't the same.
http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic43420.html

Live traffic updates when you are using sat nav, they appear on the left hand side of the screen, actually quite difficult to read when you are driving, usually got my wife to tell me what they were, but i am getting old and my eyes aren't the same LOL

I always thought it would also redirect you if there was a quicker route than the one you were on like the old version in my sport but i never saw that to be honest.

I am unsure of anything else other than internet usage and live traffic updates

I have just noticed in the write up for the new one you still have to supply a Sim Card for the new infotainment system, the mind boggles.

I purchased a data only sim from Three, pretty sure it was by someone on here, cost me £30.00 for 30GB data, what i can't remember is if it was for 12 months or the life of the data.

Post #454000 14th Oct 2017 7:00am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234