Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Help with suspension fault.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Chasazim

Australia 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Epsom Green
Help with suspension fault.

Hi all, can someone help with diagnostics for iid codes, i get the suspension bong after driving a few klm.cade reader gives me EBV function fault received from ABS ECU, 1/40x-BD any ideas?

Post #453996 14th Oct 2017 5:09am
alistairh

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

I think that one can be ignored.. the car doesn’t have ebv. It’s due to the fact it’s bmw electrics apparently ..I queried this with gap a while back

Post #454033 14th Oct 2017 5:21pm
Chasazim

OK,thats one less, i also get 0x-30 air qual sensor, that i thought could be ignored.
0x32 can bus fault.
1/60 x- 52 air suspension active/inactive.
I also get on occasion right rear speed sensor open circuit, i have fitted a new sensor but still gt that error message sometimes.
Thanks for your help. Cool

Post #454078 14th Oct 2017 11:35pm
Chasazim

OK,thats one less, i also get 0x-30 air qual sensor, that i thought could be ignored.
0x32 can bus fault.
1/60 x- 52 air suspension active/inactive.
I also get on occasion right rear speed sensor open circuit, i have fitted a new sensor but still gt that error message sometimes.
Thanks for your help. Cool

Post #454079 14th Oct 2017 11:38pm
Joe90

England 

This: 1/60 x- 52 air suspension active/inactive is the one that needs further investigation! .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #454081 14th Oct 2017 11:56pm
Chasazim

Thanks for the offer but i am a bit far from you Very Happy what can i do using ths iid tool non blutooth.

Post #454082 14th Oct 2017 11:56pm
Chasazim

I just reread your post. I get error code1/60x-57, you say x-52 ? I will do a scan when i get home.0ps my error i did mean x-57 Confused

Post #454083 15th Oct 2017 12:06am
Chasazim

Ok let me start again, the fault code that i am getting is
1/60x- 57 airsuspension active/inactive.
Sorry about the garbled previous post, pleae advise what i can check for. Sheep

Post #454248 17th Oct 2017 1:01am
Chasazim

Can someone please help.the code i get from my iid tool 1/60x-57 is regular but there are different codes when i read the iid tool when the suspension is locked or when the fault cleares itself during the night. I cannot clear the fault (suspension active /inactive ) with my iid tool but it cleares itself over night. Shocked
In the morning the suspension can be raised and lowered no problem, although it is slow on the third time. It seems that whenthe engine heats up then the suspension locks. Whether i drive a few miles or let it run in the driveway. If i take a short run to the shop suspension is active, but when i restart to return home the suspension is locked.
Another thing i have noticed is on occasion when i switch off the engine the front sags slowly and then bounces back up to ride height. This does not happen every time, only sometimes.
Some other error codes i noted when the suspension was locked,
1/10x-32 can bus fault
1/10x-9 incorrect can message SASM steering angle
1/20x-52 ASCI lost from can
Please advise me where i can look to fix this problem. Thanks

Post #455003 23rd Oct 2017 1:58am
GraemeS

Australia 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Bournville

Your vehicle's codes are quite different to later models like mine so the codes are meaningless to me. However can-bus faults can affect lots of mostly unrelated modules so a fault on one can cause unrelated faults. It is possible that faults that cannot be cleared one day will clear themselves overnight when modules go into sleep mode. Have you tried locking then unlocking to see if the faults have cleared, allowing at least 30 seconds between locking and unlocking but perhaps a little more, maybe 2 minutes? Perhaps one module is tying-up the can-bus whilst it isn't sleeping.

Sometimes strange faults are caused when a wiring harness that runs across behind the right rear seat gets pinched by the seat frame that eventually damages the insulation causing 2 or more wires to short together, so worth checking behind that seat. The steering angle sensor fault suggests that the cause is unlikely to be in a rear harness although the can-bus is there so the effect can be anywhere.

Post #455007 23rd Oct 2017 5:11am
Chasazim

Thank you for your imput, very confusing these faults,as i said the fault and inactive suspension can appear even if the car is not running. One thing i noticed was by chance i had my drivers window open and when i switched off the engine and the front sagged i heard air escaping somewhere in the front, then it stopped and the front bounced back up? I am a retired boilermaker so there is no way i can hear the pump running whilst i am driving. Rolling Eyes so i was wondering whether i could fit a led globe that lights up when the pump runs, then i can at least see if the pump is being overworked and getting too hot. Another indication is the brake light that is normaly amber when the suspension inactive is on turns red after a while and again not always but the brakes still operate as normal, i fitted new brake pads not long ago.
Everything seems to work as normal except the suspension but i do not want to chance my luck and would prefer to know what is the cause of the faults. I appreciate any input. Very Happy

Post #455097 24th Oct 2017 4:29am
GraemeS

Are you sure that the indicator light is a brake warning light and not a suspension warning light? The suspension warning light can be either colour and usually amber when the reservoir takes too long to get up to pressure but red when a target height can't be attained.

I suspect that your IIDtool can show when the compressor is running as well as the reservoir pressure and the compressor temperature, but perhaps not for the earlier vehicles. A LED could be used to show when the compressor is powered but it will need a resistor to prevent blowing up the LED. I'd have to check on an appropriate resistor value but using the IIDtool would be much easier.

Post #455098 24th Oct 2017 5:33am
Chasazim

Thanks, but can you drive around with the iid tool connected? As for the red light on the dash, its not the ABS but the one next to it that has an exclamation mark Confused I did my pump with a kit i got from UK so i hope that is not the problem.
This problem has been with me for months now. It all started when i had the car serviced by a BMW specilist and they flushed the brakes and did an oil change, it was shortly after that i had the first bong, from the forums i gathered that lifting with the wheels hanging could cause problems so i checked but couldn,t find any connection, changed the right rear speed sensor, that did nothing, did the mod to lower coolant temperature as the fault seems to appear only hen the engine is hot, that did nothing, to test that theory i opened the hood and ran a fan into the engine bay and for the first time the fault cleared itself during the day, Rolling Eyes
So i am willing to try any new route that i can.maybe i can just wire in a 12 volt globe to see what is going on. Thanks for your input.

Post #455101 24th Oct 2017 6:59am
Weegie

Scotland 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Have you looked at the compressor? The relationship to engine heating up may be a red herring. I would suggest it may be related to the compressor overheating rather than engine temperature.

The time taken to heat the engine, as you describe, would also equate to the compressor heating up. The fact that it appears to be alright after an overnight rest, when the compressor would have cooled down, could also be an indication. John
2008 Stornoway Grey 3.6 Tdv8 Vogue
2005 TD6 Java Black Vogue - Written off!!
GAP iiD BT
2003 Discovery TD5 Auto, Nanocom Evolution - gone to a new home!
MasseyFerguson 152 - No electronics!! - Sold

Post #455102 24th Oct 2017 7:32am
GraemeS

You can drive with the tool connected but it might be revealing if the various suspension values were looked at just with the engine running.

Perhaps you could contact Gap Diagnostics to see if they can provide additional information for the fault codes the tool is retrieving.

Post #455116 24th Oct 2017 8:54am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1