Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Driving Lamp Kit - Adjustment
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
psgk

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black
Driving Lamp Kit - Adjustment

Grateful of any suggestions or advice please,

If any RR owners have the LR L322 Driving Lamp Kit (VUB001090) fitted to the A-Frame Protection Bar, and not to the front bumper, can I ask if you have found or know of a way to adjust the lamps?

I fitted this kit a few years ago to my MY2002 Vogue but only recently had it wired up by my local main dealer. Quoted six hours as it looked quite a complicated install but I got a large discount when they returned the car to me after dealing with an oil leak with no brakes working!

The fitting instructions show what appears to be a means of raising or lowering the light beam by adjusting a screw in the mounting block when these are fitted to the bumper, but to the A-Frame there is no screw just a hole. The back of the lamp when you remove it from the mount has a large toothed metal washer secured by a bolt. I don't know if this is meant to move or is part of the means to adjust the lamp. I have tried to move the lamps when fitted to the A-Frame and although they will move from side to side they are rock solid if you try to adjust them upwards or downwards.

The lamps work OK but are focused immediately in front of the vehicle. They would be more effective if they could concentrate the light at a further distance.

If anybody knows if they can be adjusted I would be very grateful for your method.

Just to make my day complete this evening I just attempted to renew my insurance for the car and being truthful informed my insurers that I had had fitted this genuine approved LR accessory by a LR Main Dealer. I've now been refused insurance until the company underwriters have made a decision because of the significant modification carried out to the vehicle!

Thanks for your interest and help. Peter Kemp
Chelmsford
UNITED KINGDOM

Range Rover Vogue MY2002 4.4l V8
Java Black
Charcoal Trim / Oxford Seats
Colour Coded: Door Handles, All Badging Front and Rear, Bonnet Vent, Foam A-Bar / Nudge Bar
Range Rover Style 11 20'' Wheels
US Spec Front Sidelight / Indicator Light Units / Rear Light Units (MY2005 Style)
Retro Fit Sony / Alpine RES
Various LED Light upgraded Interior / Exterior
Lower Rear Tailgate Gas Strut modification

Post #455468 27th Oct 2017 8:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1