Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > I was Gone but now I'm back again.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Emperor Mong

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Loire Blue

Horrendous story. Sorry that it has been such a nightmare. It never ceases to amaze me how car companies and their dealers just don’t care about their customers.

Post #456208 5th Nov 2017 10:19am
Basilfawlty

England 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

1strangerover2017 wrote:
So sorry to hear, sounds like a very organised gang. Yet another manufacturer who does not know how to look after their customers.

I have not tried but understand the SQ7, 0 to 60 is phenomenal, did you have test drive in one before ordering?

Ps welcome back👍

Thanks for your thought. Sad to say I never did drive one. I have CCTV around my home and timed myself, when I sat in it. Patted the trim a little, took the manuals out of the glove box and locked it up for the night. I was in it 45 seconds. 2016 SDV8 Autobiography
And several others previously.

Post #456212 5th Nov 2017 11:42am
Basilfawlty

Red Merle wrote:
Wow, this is shocking stuff; I’ve just had to re-read the thread to make sure that I’d understood it properly Shocked That’s got to be one complex insurance claim!

Welcome back Thumbs Up

Fortunately I do have great insurers and they've been supportive. I was forced to make a claim because of the seeming inaction of Audi.

Here is just a little of how they have behaved but I'll para-phrase so as not to bore you.

Monday morning Head of Business apologises and admits keys stolen by employee. Admits they do not have secure system of storing my personal data, so anyone in the building could find where I live without anything being tracked back to them. Says if it is the stolen key used then they will look after me and put me in another car at least as good in every respect.

Then the admission that VW Audi UK cars (last six months or so) have been fitted with a tracking device through the embedded Simm and that he has already made enquiries with Germany to enable the track. Customers and the Audi staff are not aware of this technology, only very senior managers. Info should be with us soon. It can tel me locations and which keys used.

No update next day despite some pressing.

Wednesday Police Crime Team speak and advise me that the truth is that Vodafone actually run this tracking for Audi and a simple call can to the UK unlock the information, so I ring the Head of Business and ask him for authorisation. He says he will get straight back to me but doesn't. 4.30pm I ring him and he's gone home but General Sales Manager says he'll get back to me. when he does an hour and a half later he tells me the only way that they will allow the police to track is for their liaison officer to submit a form to Audi for consideration, which could take days at best. I obviously tell him what I think

8.30 am next Morning (Thursday) Head of business rings me to confirm what his Sales Manager told me and as I was on the mobile to him the police ring on the land-line to inform me that Vodafone had a location for the car and there was an anomaly, as though the car was being either lifted or raised in some way. I ask the HOB for authority and he refuses.

Fortunately the police used their own tactics to get Vodafone (Who have been brilliant and always wanted to help me) to supply the information without assistance from Audi and this results in the car being seized, one male arrested and the second key being found with it.

I later find out from Vodafone that the only reason that they wouldn't take my word as authorisation was because Audi hadn't told them I was the owner, if they had done so there would have been no reason to go through Audi. Big Cry 2016 SDV8 Autobiography

Post #456215 5th Nov 2017 12:03pm
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Sounds like they're all in on it Basil, Sales Manager, the lot.

This is a gripping story, better than telly! Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #456217 5th Nov 2017 12:19pm
Basilfawlty

Autobiography wrote:
As a current Audi driver as well I’m relatively impressed with Audi UK’s customer service. Their build quality is also second to none. The key story is interesting; on their MMI there is a screen which shows the number of authorised keys. In theory, if that key had been lost, that number should have read ‘1’ and that should have been the first step the retailer took before delivering the car.

What I think has happened is that the key has been stolen immediately before they've sent it to me as it was shown to be present (and recorded) on the 145 check they have and to be fair I didn't even turn the ignition on the car, never mind look at the MMI. There is lots more to this but some is a bit sensitive because the investigation is ongoing with a theft in Cheshire and a conspiracy to steal at the other end of this tale. 2016 SDV8 Autobiography

Post #456221 5th Nov 2017 12:38pm
Basilfawlty

362bkr wrote:
Anyway welcome back Basil, this must be your 500th Range Rover ??????? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Rolling with laughter sixth but it does feel like more. The wife is demented with me and I've promised to keep it for two years this time. Finger crossed Thumbs Up 2016 SDV8 Autobiography

Post #456222 5th Nov 2017 12:40pm
Basilfawlty

gonna_go_double_r wrote:
Sounds like they're all in on it Basil, Sales Manager, the lot.

This is a gripping story, better than telly!

Looking outside in I guess so and there's lots more I can tell once the police are finished with it but we are a fair bit away from that at the moment. Having lived with it for the past week and a half it's been quite tortuous, especially for my better half but the arrival of my new to me AB next week will bring back a sense of familiarity and normalcy hopefully. 2016 SDV8 Autobiography

Post #456223 5th Nov 2017 12:47pm
JackRegan

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Waitomo Grey

Quite a shocking read.

Audi's lack of action almost makes them complicit if only by knowing about the security flaw, not taking action against their employees and frustrating the investigation.

It sounds like the claim should be with Audi rather than your insurance company.

Hope all goes well for you.

Jack 2016MY TDV6 Autobiography
2011MY 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography Black - Gone
2005 TD6 Vogue - Gone

Post #456225 5th Nov 2017 1:12pm
Giantlandyman

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

That just beggars belief. You'd think they'd bend over backwards to keep you happy knowing or at least suspecting that one or more of their employees is involved.

Still, could have been worse; if it was a Merc you bought, M-B UK would've denied everything and passed your complaint back to the selling dealer and I kid you not.

Post #456254 5th Nov 2017 6:27pm
362bkr

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

Well I think you had a near miss and should be grateful as you nearly ended up having to own and drive an Audi!!!!!!!!!! Rolling with laughter

Post #456256 5th Nov 2017 6:41pm
caymanblack

Censored Just unbelievable. Terrific car on paper but i just can't get past the looks.

Post #456264 5th Nov 2017 7:26pm
362bkr

+ 1

Post #456266 5th Nov 2017 7:40pm
Basilfawlty

caymanblack wrote:
Censored Just unbelievable. Terrific car on paper but i just can't get past the looks.

That's very true, she was no looker. I think it was a matter of the Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence...........Problem is when you get there you find it's so much greener because it's full of cow sh Censored te 2016 SDV8 Autobiography

Post #456281 5th Nov 2017 8:58pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Laughing Laughing

Post #456311 6th Nov 2017 6:13am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12