Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Time for a second car again
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Mr Tee

Scotland 
Time for a second car again

Been toying with selling the full fat for a newer one, sadly my budget doesn't stretch to a 405 just yet, so the boss gave the green light to a second car. Not sure about you lot , but looking for a car is almost my favourite thing. Typically had a notional budget of £5k for a humdrum runabout, which got kicked into touch rather quickly. Because I'm keeping the full fat, sensible got binned, to a degree anyway , still had to be better on fuel , not too difficult.

Had a test drive in a 650i cabrio, really nice, great noise, but same road tax as the fatty. Can't stand to pay over £1k pa just for tax.

So I started looking at 640Ds, and found the almost exact spec, as it was an se, it had 18s, which look crap tbh. Spoke to the garage, told them it needs new wheels and left it at that. They had had it for sale for at least 3 months and not 1 bite, so I started looking at others.

Goes onto auto trader on Saturday and sees that same car with brand new 19s and 4 new tyres, advertised at the exact same price, called them Sunday to put a deposit down to be told oops the boss forgot to put the price up! Not my problem sunshine. So will be collecting next week at some point, fingers very much crossed it drives ok, that's the problem being in Scotland, there aren't many for sale up here, bought an s type r jag blind before, in fact did the same with the fatty .

Will update post inspection and on the way up the road. I have full AA membership so tally ho!

Post #456328 6th Nov 2017 9:58am
ilard

United Kingdom 

I like the idea of a 6 series cabrio as a second to my RRS. Although I’d probably prefer a Jag XK. But to clarify, did you say Scotland or Sardinia? Very Happy

Post #456725 9th Nov 2017 10:23pm
Mr Tee

Scotland 

Haha, believe it or not, east coast of Scotland is really sunny, sometimes ....

And just found out the new tyres are Acceleras, better budget for new tyres then...

Post #456760 10th Nov 2017 10:28am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1