Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Thinking of buying
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Nigt3

United Kingdom 
Thinking of buying

Hi, I'm new to the forum and it's seems a good place for info on all things rr Bow down ! I'm just looking for opinions on what people think I should do with regards to buying a 2nd hand vogue. At the minute I have a 2009 supercharged sport and was thinking of changing to a 2013/14 sdv8 vogue, should I wait four or 5 months and hope for a good reduction from today's 2nd hand prices or just go ahead in January and buy? What's people's views? Thanks in advance

Post #459456 3rd Dec 2017 4:46pm
Basilfawlty

England 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Good luck with the search. You've got to get your toe in the water once you know exactly what you are after. You need to think about the engine choices, the variant you require and how you'll be using the car. Then when you've learn't as much as you need go and buy one, they are really very good and the sooner you are in one the sooner you'll start enjoying.

My pal had the 4.2SC and I guess you will notice a big step up in the L405. In terms of pace the SDV8 is easily as quick as yours but the tdv6 is a great engine and plenty powerful enough for most needs. The 5.0 SC is considerably quicker than the 4.2 and smoother too.

Probably best if you take the time to have a think about what you want out of a car; what you like in it? and then people will have a base-line for giving appropriate advice. Thumbs Up 2016 SDV8 Autobiography
And several others previously.

Post #459487 3rd Dec 2017 8:34pm
Nigt3

United Kingdom 

Thanks for reply. I've sort of made up my mind with regards engine, gonna go with the sdv8, just can't decide weather to buy now or wait 3-4 months to see if there's a 4-5grand reduction in prices due to the new model coming out in January but not sure if prices will reduce much.

Post #459490 3rd Dec 2017 8:56pm
Basilfawlty

As you will know buying a full fat isn't an investment in your overall financial wealth but it is an investment in quality of life and that's worth a few quid.

Will cars be cheaper in four or five months.....certainly! These things go down in value but do I think that the face lift (because it's not a new model) will have much of an impact on a 2013-14 reg'd car, frankly very little. It'll probably knock the MY17 cars a little but not in anything like the way the L405 took value off the L322.

If you can afford it buy it and enjoy it and try and forget about how much you might lose because if you wait four or five months to buy a cheaper car, why not wait 10 or 12 months and get a cheaper one still.

Good luck with the purchase. 2016 SDV8 Autobiography

Post #459492 3rd Dec 2017 9:05pm
Nigt3

United Kingdom 

That's sort of what I'm thinking, personally think the prices won't move that much but what it will do is give me more options of cars to buy as people trade up to the facelift Thumbs Up

Post #459495 3rd Dec 2017 9:10pm
jumpin mouse

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

I think it's a case of looking for just the car you want, engine, model, colour, miles, location etc. There are lots of them out there but they are pretty much all unique. Main dealer with LR warranty seems to be the way to do this as it is the best warranty. When you decide, inspect it very, very carefully as the dealer will promise to put more things right whilst you do the deal than after.

Don't forget also that dealers will get new stock at the end of February for the new registrations on 1st March.

Post #459524 4th Dec 2017 7:43am
luciogodoy

United Kingdom 

Hi all

Have you guys considered buying a FFRR in an auction?

If so, do you know or can you guess how much one can save by buying from it pls?

Thanks

L

Post #459799 6th Dec 2017 8:25am
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

I bought my first FFRR TD6 undriven and unexamined from an auction brightwells of Leominster. (you get a chance to examine and reject it if anything is wrong and undeclared before driving away). It was a 2002 and only an hse but with vogue upgrades. I didn’t particularly get it cheap (£11,700 in 2009) but it worked perfectly for the 3years I had it and is still going strong with its new owner.

Dealers tend to get the cream at auctions and can push the price up but if you see a good one then go for it.

Post #459852 6th Dec 2017 6:28pm
luciogodoy

United Kingdom 

Hi D

I think today you get some sort of certification check done by the AA, not sure how thorough this is, but it’s supposed to provide peace of mind when buying at an auction.

What I have done previously, I drove to the car auction site the day before, walked around checking the stok and used the VIN on LR’s TOPIX website to identify the car configuration/ specification.

But I never went there on a live auction day to get a feel on the pricing.

My hope is to get it £5k cheaper, otherwise it won’t justify the hard work!

Lucio

Post #459866 6th Dec 2017 7:55pm
Basilfawlty

There are cars out there for near to trade money if you look around even at Main Dealers. If you can find one at a LR Franchise within two grand of trade (typically the ones that have sat there for three or four months) then these are the best value cars you can buy in my opinion. Especially when you think what the 2 years LR warranty would cost you. And it has to be prepped to LR Approved standard, which you don't get at Auction.

Said that; if you pick the wrong one and you can pay ten grand over the top to the dealer. 2016 SDV8 Autobiography

Post #459882 6th Dec 2017 8:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1