Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My Remapped 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 15 of 43 <123 ... 141516 ... 414243>
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

Glad I read the RAVE, shows in there on page 665 how to programme a key, looks like my old key will not be able to be used via the remaining remote functions anymore as the procedure involves pressing buttons that no longer work lol. Never mind.

Post #459996 8th Dec 2017 12:02am
green-oval-nut

I thought long and hard about replacing my third brake light with a used one as this weather has started affecting the electrics through the third brake light itself. I decided against a used one and forked out for a brand new genuine one. Once the weather is dry enough, I will be using a heat gun to help me dry out the third brake like and temporarily seal it. I am also taking this opportunity to find a bodyshop local to me to see how much it will cost to get the spoiler painted and fitted.

Post #460285 11th Dec 2017 1:26am
green-oval-nut

I can't believe it is the 2nd Christmas with my Range Rover already Shocked and it is back on Present delivery duty. As much as this sounds awful, but thanks to both my partner and I being ill, we don't have to do the full rounds this year Very Happy
So just 1 stop where we will dump all the presents to be distributed by other family members. Thus leaving me with Sunday, Monday and Tuesday of 0 family to deal with. Doors locked, cars don't move, we don't leave the house, and get to enjoy Christmas without the drama's. Although if the weather is dry on Monday, I may just finish a few minor upgrades on the L322.

Post #461891 23rd Dec 2017 3:05am
kgeddes

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey

Have a great Christmas....take care Thumbs Up

Post #462116 24th Dec 2017 9:27pm
green-oval-nut

Merry Christmas everyone, Hope you have a great one and Happy New Year

Post #462122 24th Dec 2017 9:36pm
green-oval-nut

kgeddes wrote:
Have a great Christmas....take care Thumbs Up

Thank you and to you too

Post #462123 24th Dec 2017 9:37pm
green-oval-nut

Had an interesting day today. The linkage that was bodge repaired with one of those clips off of Ebay finally gave out, the clip pinged off and the linkage separated, so I guess now I will have to get the drill out Laughing I am going to drill a hole and put a nut and nylon locking nut. Also an offer I couldn't miss meant that I was able to carry on the new look of the front end to how I really wanted it, so stuck my old grill up for sale despite all the effort I went through customising to how I wanted it.

Post #462509 28th Dec 2017 7:21pm
green-oval-nut

My L322 went for its service on Saturday 30th December, I was horrified when they told me the sump plug was slightly too small and that oil was leaking badly. Guess who had the sump plug off last. Rye Performance & Motorsport! Evil or Very Mad Censored

Now been sorted luckily. Very Happy

Also received a message today from PowerfulUK, my new grill is being delivered tomorrow. I hope the weather is good enough for me to fit it.

Post #463099 2nd Jan 2018 11:57pm
green-oval-nut

The Grill arrived Very Happy

And as my mechanic failed to turn up and failed to even tell me he wasn't coming until over an hour after the fact, I decided to fit my grill.

I love the car even more now.

Before:

After:

Post #463163 3rd Jan 2018 5:49pm
green-oval-nut

Let down for the 3rd time by the mobile mechanic, I was forced into using my Range Rover. Not that it took a lot of arm twisting really. But I really didn't want to use it long distance due to the gearbox faults. However I was really impressed that I managed to get all 35 miles without trans overheat message rearing its ugly head. But it did go into trans fail safe mode though 2 thirds of the way there. But I learned that if you keep the revs below 2250 and the speed 50 or below on a steady run, you can get quite far. The only real issue I had today was with fuel. No money until tomorrow meant I was driving with under a quarter of a tank and by the time I got home, the range read 39 miles. So tomorrow I am not risking it, I am taking a fuel can to the petrol station to top up a little bit so I can drive it to the petrol station to put a decent amount in it. Laughing That will teach me for being lazy and not stopping at any of the 7 petrol stations I passed on my route Laughing

I was going to be ordering the oil cooler this month, but sods law says that the Caliber decided it is time to kick off, developed a now detectable leak and while it was being serviced, The garage pointed out that the front tyres were on the legal limit Shocked Now I don't see the Caliber in day light usually except for hospital trips to central London, so I had not noticed that they were getting low. So nearly £200 just on tyres plus another £15 on tracking which it also needs. And I need to get the coolant leak fixed on that before anything else gets done on any of my green ovals.

I will be ordering the Oil Cooler in February.

I still love the new look.

Post #463369 4th Jan 2018 11:51pm
green-oval-nut

I have now ordered a brand new oil cooler (Hella). So next month I should be able to get the oil cooler pipes and then get it fitted.

The line up of 4x4's outside is changing this weekend. I have let my Freelander go, the P38 has sold on Ebay, waiting or the buyers of both to collect them, I now have a MK3 Shogun diesel LWB as well as my L322. The L322 isn't going anywhere.

And I have decided to treat my Range Rover to a professional deep internal clean on the 20th as the company I am using did me a great deal as they are doing 3 of my cars. Shogun, L322 and the Caliber.

I can't believe that in 1 months time, my car has to go in for it's MOT again. Fingers crossed for a pass lol.

Post #464308 12th Jan 2018 6:26pm
green-oval-nut

Valeter was unable to clean my car on the original agreed day, this was down to the weather. So not sparkling inside yet.

But while I was in the mood for letting the cars empty my wallet, I not only bought the oil cooler for the gearbox, (still got the pipes and washers to buy), I have now bought a used wiper linkage. I am going to modify and repair the existing linkage once it is off the car. Just got fed up of avoiding using the Range Rover in the rain and when out, fearing that the linkage would come apart again.

2 and a half more weeks until I get ready to put it in for its MOT. I can't see any reason for it to fail its test, but making sure I get on top of a few little things now, ready.

The only job I haven't had the change to tackle is the headlight ballast. As the passenger one over heats and cuts out after between half an hour to an hour.

Also finding out later this coming week when my autobiography style spoiler is going to painted and how much it is going to cost me.

Post #465483 21st Jan 2018 9:37pm
green-oval-nut

The gearbox has got a lot worse, jerks roughly into drive as well as reverse now even when its not in trans fail safe, although the gear changes are still silky smooth, So now looking for a garage to do an oil change on the gearbox just to limp it enough to get it to the MOT and home. Then it will be parked up for a little while.

I have finally got around to dealing with the blowing cat as I managed to agree a deal for a complete exhaust system but have to drive to Warwick to collect it in a hire van in a couple of weeks.

Post #467192 3rd Feb 2018 10:19pm
green-oval-nut

Got real fed up of this cold weather holding me back, I have just bought myself a freestanding patio heater. So at least I have some hope of not freezing and being in a ton of pain trying to do odd jobs on the cars.

Post #467358 4th Feb 2018 10:08pm
green-oval-nut

Absolutely devastated. I always fear MOT's and usually if the cars fail, it's on something very minor. But my Range Rover decided to be lovely and expensive!

Lots of rot metal underneath, both rear brake pipes, head light aim on 1 side, 2 rear upper bush,
But £600 estimate for the repair bill to get it through its MOT. It's insane that a car can deteriorate so much in just 2500 miles!

It had 3 advisories.
Gearbox oil leak.
Engine oil leak.
Rear suspension arm bush.

I don't think the engine is leaking anymore, just wet from previous leak that was recently resolved as oil level has not dropped since it was serviced. But gearbox oil leak is something I need to get sorted. But for now, once it is back, the gearbox oil is going to be topped up. Just to give it protection until I get it in for the gearbox rebuild.

I miss my Range Rover. Looking forward to getting it home.

Post #467818 9th Feb 2018 3:14am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 15 of 43 <123 ... 141516 ... 414243>