Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Conversion to SVO or 18 Facelift?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
rickz

United Kingdom 
Conversion to SVO or 18 Facelift?

Hi Guys,

Still on the look out for a L405 and will look to make it look a bit different/special with either an SVO kit or a 2018 Facelift conversion.

Any preference in regards to what you guys would look better?

Post #463474 5th Jan 2018 11:34pm
Basilfawlty

England 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Looks good the way it is and if you haven’t owned one yet I’d recommend trying the stock car. Thumbs Up 2016 SDV8 Autobiography
And several others previously.

Post #463479 6th Jan 2018 12:10am
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

You don't need to do that rickz..... I know each to their own and all that but I have to agree with Basil, I think the car in it's original factory state looks far better and classier, for me these changes will just cheapen the car.

If I were you, I'd scrap the stick-on-bits and put the few grand you'll save towards finding a really nice, well cared for example. The extra cash will also probably find you one with the Turbine Alloys which you like.

In my opinion, you owning the car in it's original state will make you look like a guy who's doing well for himself, start sticking bits on which shouldn't be there and it'll probably send out a different message

Post #463481 6th Jan 2018 1:19am
Hodog16

United States 

To a degree personalization is good, like wheels but adding large bits can be a bit much. I changed my Sports’s 504 rims into the turbines for a change of pace, but on the interstate I saw a sport HSE (back left untouched) with an SVR front. Most won’t know the difference but I would have kept it stock. 2021 Mercedes G63 - Cardinal Red/Classic Red
2016 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Dynamic - Firenze Red/Pimento [Traded]

Post #463483 6th Jan 2018 2:35am
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Each to their own - if we all liked the same thing, then life would be boring - and we’d all be driving clones of the exact same car.

On my L322’s I had one that had an Overfinch Aero kit and 22’” wheels on - and on another did a facelift as I was happy with the car, but loved the twinkle sidelights....

They are very different things though - IMHO the body kits date quite quickly, but clearly a facelift doesn’t. However, the body kit should be straightforward to do, whereas apparently LR are trying to make the facelift particularly difficult, so you may be restricted by the availability of parts......

With my L405, I focused on buying the right car, then tinted windows, put 22 turbines on and colour coded the fins, then stopped. There are those that think I’ve gone too far already and others who would continue.

Post #463495 6th Jan 2018 10:22am
CUE99T

Scotland 

For what it's worth.....I'be got a touch bored of mine as really I wanted blackpack and carpathian grey and didn't but got a lovely well cared for just under 3yr old car with 22 turbine wheels and went for an SE which IMHO is the sweet spot of the range and now would look to continue with. I think when you get a car with bits you weren't looking for like soft close doors etc and auto dip beam it just makes you liek it even more.

I went to local dealer with the wifes Evoque and seen one in AB format brand new in the colour I wanted tbh, and almost talked myself into a change as they also have the SVO on demo, but I think the bodykit will date quicker than the Overfinch L322 car, which I loved the look of, and the back of the SVO is a bit minging and looks like a L322 with stupid big exhausts, but if you like it them thats all that matters.

I just decided to cool off and wait for new model, or consider the G-Wagon new model in AMG format but it seems the dealer support in getting a test drive in Scotland is zilch and most dealers have nothing or don't even return my call!! Mental at 140k spend!!

Anyway what I'd suggest is what the other guys are saying and maybe go higher spec and stay stock, as above all the best thing you want is a car thats only got a couple of buyers and not the whole market and I think unlike the Overfinch kit the SVO hasn't done RR any favours according to the dealer at 16k as an option!!

Just my 2p worth being in a similar situation I'm just holding off for a PHEV drive, but now seeing prototype reviews it's unlikely I will go for one of them either!!

Paul all smug in my new plug!

2021 Westminster Black D300
2013 Vogue SE - gone
Some Porsche Cayenne guff pretending to be a 4x4!!
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #465006 18th Jan 2018 2:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1