Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > How to... Fit Android Head Unit to 2002-2005...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 14 of 19 <123 ... 131415 ... 171819>
Print this entire topic · 
UK Marine

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

That’s what I get for butting into a thread three quarters through Thumbs Up

What I was trying to point out was that you don’t have to have the headunit in the glovebox for things like mpg, distance left and the clock etc. It’s not navcoder by the way..

I don’t think there is a definitive solution to the DSP problem just yet. Unfortunately Big Cry ______________________________
Simon

Range Rover Classic 3.5 efi - Gone
Range Rover Classic 3.9 efi - Gone
Range Rover Classic 4.2 LSE - Sadly gone
Land Rover 110 3.5 - Gone
Range Rover P38a 4.0 SE - Pleased it's gone
Range Rover P38a 2.5 DHSE - Just sold
Range Rover L322 4.4 v8 Petrol - Current

Post #466385 28th Jan 2018 7:03pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Oh I know that there's some smug git with the answer... I just haven't found em yet Laughing

But we were talking about retaining the DSP function on the system, and the only way that I know is to move the old screen into the glovebox, and keep the old system in working order... you wont need the Nav unit, or the CD changer.. But I'm not too sure about the TV tuner, that may or may not generate some of the on screen info.. unplug it and see!! Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #466392 28th Jan 2018 7:54pm
pietertje

Netherlands 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

robanzac wrote:

I know this is going back a bit now so you are unlikely to be still lurking, but have you any photos of it in the dash? I really like the look of this Eonon unit as it seems a little less curved than a lot of the others. Maybe that's just an illusion.
I note now on the Eonon site that the most recent version is probably GA8201 for BMW E39 1995-2002

Here is my setup.. I just finished installing the GA8201A with 5m extension and it works great with the DSP (old head unit in the glove box). Also added DAB+ which is really great.
The BMW-IBUS app (discussed here: http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic44779.html) is a really great add-on to this head unit and gives lots of extra functionality to the car (f.e. coolant temp. visable in OBC as you can see on the photo).

I will make some better photo's tomorrow.
The head unit fits nice in the dash and looks really OEM.
Still in the progress of tackling one very annoying problem though; Cold start it takes forever to boot and the unit keeps hanging at the first boot screen. Already received several firmware updates from supplier (EONON) but problem hasn't been solved yet. Sad Only when I press reset after several minutes the unit will boot correctly. 2002 L322 V8

Post #466408 28th Jan 2018 10:50pm
GraemeJudge

2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black

such a shame all he pictures are not there is there any way to get them back or anyone know of other write ups with pictures please

Post #469579 21st Feb 2018 1:59pm
goldwing

United Kingdom 

Unnecessary quote removed

Have you had an update from Eonon have you had any issues with the sound not staying on for more than 20 seconds

Post #470980 4th Mar 2018 3:20pm
pietertje

Netherlands 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Yes, Eonon had offerde Fred replacement of the head unit. I Will use this service.
No my sound always stays on 2002 L322 V8

Post #471315 6th Mar 2018 9:52am
Nigelpugh

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Giverny Green

Hi Guys,

I’ve just joined here as I have recently acquired a 2004 4.4 V8.

My car has been added too at some point in its life, as it has a rear mounted DVD player and rear screens, all made by clarion.

There is also an amp in the boot area, not figured out how that’s wired yet.

I’ve just jumped on this thread, as I have decided to bite the bullet and ordered an Eonon head unit, which will be delivered today.

Sadly the long extension cable is not due for a week, so I will just be having a play today.

I’ve read all the posts on here, and I don’t mind fitting the existing head unit in the glove box, but would rather Not if possible.

All my units are working fine, the head unit, the Cd changer and the navigation unit too, so it would be nice to sell these and recoup the costs.

I will take some picture of my existing amp, but what do we reckon is the best approach?

Thanks in advance.

Post #474629 3rd Apr 2018 7:39am
goldwing

United Kingdom 
Eonon head unit

I have fitted the Eonon 8201A great unit does everything, but i could not get it to run for more than 20 seconds, after following all the advise from Eonon they replaced the unit but the only way it would work is with the original head unit intact. I put my unit under the front passenger seat so didnt have to remove the cd multichanger and all works great and still have the use of onboard computer system.

Post #474655 3rd Apr 2018 10:15am
Nigelpugh

Thanks goldwing.

So did you try using the other interface that allowed you to use the Eonon head u it without the old one in the glove box?.

Good to know they replaced it for you too!

When my turns up today I’m sure I will have lots of questions!

Thanks again!

Post #474662 3rd Apr 2018 11:20am
goldwing

United Kingdom 

No problem ask as much as you need to i will help in any way. Even with the the long wiring loom it seems that the eonon unit did not trigger the DSP amp so would keep the amp alive. I did try a few options to keep the amp alive by powering different wires but none worked. I could find a decent car sparks local who did not want to charge me a £100 an hour to try and figure the issue out.

Post #474670 3rd Apr 2018 11:46am
Nigelpugh

Thanks goldwing! I’m sure I will have lots of questions!

My shiny new head u it has just turned up! But no cable for a while so not sure there is much I can do with it at the moment!

Post #474686 3rd Apr 2018 1:58pm
bobsin

2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Epsom Green
EONON

You do need the old headunit connected, it interacts with the BM54, (via i-bus), which is only used to keep DSP awake, otherwise it will shut down once DSP receives no keep awake signal via the I-Bus, which is generated in the bm54. Audio out from the bm54 is not used or connected to a load, Audio out from the EONON is connected as input to the DSP, via the long front-to-back lead.... Glovebox is best place to site old head, as the leads reach there - just!!

Post #474965 6th Apr 2018 2:04am
Ottar

Norway 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

I’ve read all the different pthreads on this theme, both here and on Rangerovers.net.
Thanks all for contributing to a super threads, and to Pete Haylands that first opended my eyes to the possibilities with an android unit.
I written here previously on the thread started bu Haylands, but to repeat my self: I have a 2004 Vogue 3.0 Td with original large screen, DSP, Navi, telephone, TV and FBH.
I have gotten the latest head unit from Erisin with Android 7.1 with DAB and have have hade a dry run in the boot. Unfortunately all photos from earlier posting stored in photobucket are gone, making the wiring some what interresting as there are nill instructions that comes with then new head unit.

Anyway, connected yhe new headunit up in the boot and it works. I also plan to keep the old head unit in the glove box as I want to be able to set the clock without waiting for 12 noon of midnight an do the fuse routine, also for the FBH.

But, my issue is this: As Ii disconnect the conponents in e original system from the wiring loom, all is fine and I see then dissapear from the screen of the old head unit. That is until I unplug the blue connector on the TV box. Then the old head unit goes black. And will onle reappear if I insert the blue plug in the TV component. I was planning to install a new amp in he space where all the old stuff was, so I really would like to take it all out.

Does anyone have the same experience? Haylands and a lot of you other guys seems to have done the same routine and emptied the rear left compartment of old equippement and placed the old head unit in the glove box and I have not read any other persons with the same experience...
Have I missed something?

Thanks guys.
Ottar

Post #475954 15th Apr 2018 8:48pm
Nigelpugh

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Hi Guys,

Made a start on mine yesterday as i now have the long cable.

Managed to get quit a lot done in the few hours i had.

Got the long cable routed front to back, without taking the seat out.

Mounted the head unit after cutting the LR base, fits very well.

But i now have a question, as the cables don't seem to match or be plug and play.

My Vogue dos not have HK, but does have the DSP and Sub.

Which connector am i going to use to connect to my long lead?

Also can someone tell me which is the BM 54 unit?

Heres some pics from yesterdays work.

Post #476061 17th Apr 2018 11:22am
Nigelpugh

nobody help me out to work out the bm54 unit?

Post #476204 19th Apr 2018 10:16am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 14 of 19 <123 ... 131415 ... 171819>