Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Orders (L405) > Nineteen. N-n-n-n-n-nineteen inches
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
ilard

United Kingdom 
Nineteen. N-n-n-n-n-nineteen inches

There are so many crazy things in this thread, so please make sure you are seated comfortably and are not near any sharp objects.

I am planning a 2018MY order of Whistle 3.0 V6 Supercharged SE Vogue Embarassed .... that’s not all folks..... on 19” 5001 alloys Shocked. Now, since the V6 supercharged is not available in AB trim I have to spec it to the tune or maybe 8k or 9k of options. I don’t want 5.0 simply due to the total cost of ownership (I’ve run the numbers in detail), plus I don’t need the power, and also I do not want diesel due to my low mileage and my gut instinct. The V6 Petrol is well reviewed in the US and I trust ‘em. I’ll probably keep this for 7 years, 4k miles a year. Coming from a 2011MY TDV6 RRS means I am unlikely to be disappointed with performance or feel-good factor.

Your assistance with my sanity, please, includes:

1. Any idea why JLR don’t offer V6 supercharged in AB trim? I’m not angry, just disappointed.
2. Any experience of running a fatty on 19 vs 21 wheels? How much ride and road noise benefit could I expect?
3. Head up display, is it worth £750 (the net cost to me via a pack)?
4. 4 zone climate - I need this for auto recirculation because 3 zone doesn’t have it?

Thanks. Thumbs Up

Post #467065 2nd Feb 2018 11:03pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Have you asked a dealer whether you can get it in AB - the configurator isn't always correct. I'd likely put it down to being designated as the entry level model. Though I can't fault your logic for selecting it as the right engine.

I thought you would get less noise & a better ride on 19's - they just look kind of odd these days as everyone has gone bigger. There are very few people who run them - there was a thread here a few weeks ago asking

Can't help on the last 2 - I've not got a HUD and I've never even really thought about auto-recirculation as an issue......

Post #467078 3rd Feb 2018 7:19am
Amazing

avail here

you can get an AB in 3.0sc here in china.

dealer had one on display 5 mnths ago. I said they should text me a price..no one did...hence still no new car yet. it is better to have and not need then need and not have

Post #467089 3rd Feb 2018 9:44am
Basilfawlty

England 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Hi there, Can't help with everything but in relation to HUD I'd certainly have it. I had it on my last Vogue SE and it was particularly good. IMHO one of the better paid for options.

If you run your car on 19's you'll certainly have a gentle ride but and again this is a personal thing; it won't look as good and those wheel arches will appear empty, even if they are filled with a little more rubber. If it were my money I'd opt at the 21's, which to me offer the best balance of ride comfort and looks. Thumbs Up 2016 SDV8 Autobiography
And several others previously.

Post #467095 3rd Feb 2018 10:24am
Bill

United Kingdom 

IMHO heads up is important , I don’t have it, I wish I did, I have found there is so much going on, eyes are being distracted from the main job of looking ahead.

So much so, I’m of the view it should be a standard fit....with options of what’s displayed...

Others who have it may be better placed to comment. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #467096 3rd Feb 2018 10:41am
d3rm0

2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Indus Silver

Can I ask was the title supposed to be read in the style of the Paul Hardcastle track 19?

https://youtu.be/hRJFvtvTGEk

Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up

Post #467102 3rd Feb 2018 11:03am
AndyS

United Kingdom 

I have HUD and rate it very highly. As Bill say's there's so much going on that a glance at the screen to double check your speed is very simple. Good thing about the FFRR is that your line of sight is not interrupted by the display unlike my BMW F10 M5 where it was in my line of sight and distracting.
My next car would definitely have one and IMHO a very worthwhile option especially if you like to press on a bit. Whistle

Post #467125 3rd Feb 2018 2:40pm
Fat Wolfie

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Another vote for HUD. Previous car had it and is specced for the new order too. Sat Nav directions come up on it too which is excellent when driving on your own .

Post #467143 3rd Feb 2018 5:27pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

That’s a lot of HUD recommendations, so clearly worth £765. I am still not decided on downgrading from 21” to 19”. Hard decision. Comfort is more important than looks and I have kerbed my current 20” wheels (London living, I guess).

Range Rover V6 Supercharged Vogue SE
Base cost: £86,565.00
Configured options: £8,770.00
Final price: £95,335.00 (before haggling...)

So a lot of options all because no AB on thus engine in the UK. Annoying and it will hit the depreciation badly.

And yes d3rm0, I was referring to Paul Hardcastle!

EXTERIOR COLOURS Rossello Red
WHEELS 19" 5 split-spoke 'Style 5001'
ROOF OPTIONS Body-coloured sliding panoramic roof £535.00
EXTERIOR STYLING Body coloured exterior accents
GLASS Laminated front and laminated privacy rear side glass £400.00

SEAT STYLES 22-way heated and cooled, massage front seats with power recline heated and cooled rear seats £1,265.00
INTERIOR CHOICES Espresso/Almond interior with Espresso Perforated Semi-Aniline leather seats
FINISHERS Satin Straight Walnut veneer
HEADLINING Ivory Suedecloth headlining £1,060.00
INFOTAINMENT Meridian™ Surround Sound System

CONVENIENCE Cabin air ionisation £135.00
INFOTAINMENT Domestic plug socket(s) £105.00

Drive Pro Pack £1,890.00
Blind Spot Assist
Adaptive Cruise Control with Queue Assist
Lane Keep Assist

Vision Assist Pack £1,655.00
Front fog lights
Head-up Display
Surround Camera System

Cold Climate Pack £1,725.00
Four-zone Climate Control
Extra-large additional washer bottle
Remote Park Heat with Timed Climate

Post #467290 4th Feb 2018 6:11pm
AnotherMutley

United Kingdom 

Interesting reading. I'm considering exactly the same car but can't find anyone who has one for an honest appraisal of what its like to live with. On paper, the engine looks good and should have more than enough umph when you need it.

But on the Sport forum someone said the 3.0 S/C is no longer available to order on any LR car and is pre-cursor to the 3.0 straight six Ingenium being released. I'd rather go for the proven 3.0 V6.

Post #478770 18th May 2018 10:54am
ilard

United Kingdom 

I asked JLR why no AB on the 3.0 SC and no surprise the reply was:
“I must advise that unfortunately we are unable to comment on specifications or release dates of future models until they have been made available to the public.”

I would actually prefer the Ingenium 3.0 if it comes because it will be more efficient... the 3.0 SC is a very old engine design. I expect in the real world economy tests it would take a hammering (I wonder about the 5.0 SC too!)

But I have deceived what I really want is a 3.0 straight 6 Ingenium PHEV (let’s call it the P500e!). How long will they make me wait? I think I’ll wait until summer 2019 and if no rumours of that coming I’ll just go for the P400e, subject to reviews. So I am now off the 3.0 SC, despite it being a decent engine.

If you’re still interested in the 3.0 SC then check out these US reviews for comments about the engine... until I started thinking of hybrid I was certain it would be a good engine for me.

(fast forward to 20 mins for the bit about the engine)

Post #478809 18th May 2018 6:12pm
AnotherMutley

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the links, I'll have a look at them.

I've got time on my side, so will see what updates will actually feature in the 19MY around August/Sept, at the moment its rumour.

The thing with the Ingenium is that its new technology and there's a few threads on the Jag forums about seizing and balancer shaft issues on the 4 pot engines.

In your post you said you were looking to keep your car for a few years, I'm in a similar position, so want to make sure I get something that can be warrantied without exception, so although the SCV6 is an old design, I see that as benefit as its well tested and I'm not aware of any premature failures, unlike the SDV6. In an ideal world, I'd like the F-Type Sport 400 tune engine in the L405.

Cheers

Post #478838 18th May 2018 9:57pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

I think it’s the diesel engine that’s problematic not the petrol and it’s due to the diesel DPF gubbins..? I found this which is an interesting read:
https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/honest-j...17-part-1/

So I have no qualms re: Ingenium petrol at this stage. It’s very well reviewed too.

I would always extend the warranty (with Warranty Direct if I choose petrol, with Land Rover if I choose hybrid).

Final thought on 3.0SC... if you want a brand new one I would attempt to order now. I honestly think this engine will be dropped from L405 for MY19.

Post #478859 19th May 2018 7:08am
syl

They've withdrawn the 3.0 supercharged petrol over at Jaguar (gone from the configurator) and I heard on another site that they were doing the same at LR. RRS MY17 SDV6 AB
Evoque MY17 TD4 AB

Post #478906 19th May 2018 6:06pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

A vote against HUD here. After driving with one for a while, it turned from being useful, to an annoyance and a distraction; I switched it off. Does the package that you’re buying also include the upgrade to the necessary solar attenuating windscreen which is needed for the HUD to work? That same windscreen tends to block communication and GPS signals as well.

It may not be important to you, but speccing up a Vogue SE so highly will provide fairly ruinous depreciation as any future valuation will be based on the Vogue SE itself and the accessories will add very little, if anything.

Only travelling 4,000 miles a year, the saving in fuel costs in running the V6 (which I estimate to be around £1,800 over the next 7 years / 28,000 miles) should be less than the additional depreciation incurred by upspeccing a VSE.

I wonder if not building combinations like a 3.0 Petrol in AB spec is to make sure that the dealers don’t end up with cars of limited used appeal that might, in turn, hurt overall residuals? Just an idea...

Post #478908 19th May 2018 6:32pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>