Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Orders (L405) > Delayed Delivery Dates
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

Morning All

Thank you for your comments and support - I haven't actually sent the cancellation e-mail just yet, it's all prepared and ready to go in drafts but I guess I need to be sure that's what I want to do.

The one thing that's making me hesitant, is that I checked prices online yesterday and these used 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography's seem to be commanding an awful lot of money - Too much in my opinion and I think they're going to take a big hit soon.

This one below for example, is a 5 year old car and they're asking £62k for it! - I just know for a fact, that in 3 years time when I go to trade in, I'll be getting offers of £22-£25k, after all, it'll then be an 8 year old car!

https://www.james-french.co.uk/used-cars/l...1222981771

So then when you look at the money lost (approx £40k or £13k per annum), you think I might as well have bought a new one!

Although I don't like being messed around, I don't want to shoot myself in the foot either - I hope to make a decision today, although I guess there's no rush, the car's not coming until June!

Fat Wolfie, have you got that car on loan because of problems with a car you previously bought, or is it being provided as an apology for the delay in delivery?

Post #467232 4th Feb 2018 11:41am
Fat Wolfie

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

It’s a tough one to work through isn’t it! I guess ultimately only you know what’s best for you, maybe you could try to apply some leverage to the dealer by getting him to provide you FOC loan car for the duration of the delay OR maybe ask if there is a “buy and buy back” deal that they would do for you for a few months - I.e you buy one of their stock cars today and they buy it back AT THE SAME PRICE when your one arrives?

My dealer have loaned me the car as really an apology for the problem car, which they took back knowing that I’d be in their car for at least 3 months - always assuming there’s no delay on the new one. I can’t say for sure that they’d have been so accommodating had I not had the problems I did.

The one thing I do know is that all the time I’m in their car they cant sell it and it’s losing value so it kind of keeps them interested in getting me sorted sooner than later (assuming it’s within their power).

Post #467235 4th Feb 2018 12:12pm
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

If 8% is a strong discount and your arithmetic estimates a £40k depreciation loss over 36 months for a 13 plate (which at £62k is not a giveaway), disappointing though the delay is, in the grand scheme, might another 4 months be worth the wait (especially if as FW says, you might be able to negotiate an interim solution)?

Thumbs Up

Post #467239 4th Feb 2018 12:35pm
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

They are having significant issues with the high end rear seating. My SVA has been delayed by 3 months and I’m fuming as I ordered the day MY18 came out!

Post #467251 4th Feb 2018 2:48pm
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Shame you can’t order the standard rear seats with the Dynamic, you lose boot space with the executive ones (and I’m not a chauffeur).

Post #467259 4th Feb 2018 3:30pm
stillrunning

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Gutted for you.
Makes my few weeks seem insignificant
Banging Head Banging Head Banging Head

Post #467460 5th Feb 2018 7:31pm
aja500

Thanks for your comments and advice everyone - Seems that "Autobiography" is experiencing similar problems.

I've held off cancelling for now, I spoke with the Dealer Principle today and told him of my dissatisfaction. He has e-mailed a contact a JLR, so I'm going to see what he comes back with first.

Will keep you updated.

Post #467495 5th Feb 2018 11:12pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

AJ

If he is contact with JLR , assuming it’s still delayed, why not ask the principle to ask JLR to lend you one of their many pool cars until yours is built...

Im guessing JLR will have a number of my 18’s which will be first off the block and being tested by their management - they might even give you one of these really cheaply. As it’s done theee months with JLR!!!!!!

Just another way of trying to achieve the same thing... Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #467528 6th Feb 2018 10:42am
aja500

Thanks Bill - I think it's certainly worth a shot...... He's supposed to be coming back to me in the next couple of days, so if his response is not satisfactory, I'll push him on this.

Many thanks

Allister

Post #467575 6th Feb 2018 4:14pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

New to the forum but not FFRR's!

Just been talking to my dealer about delays.

My car was due for build on 16th March, delivery 24th (Vogue SE 3.0, British Racing Green (what else?)). He now tells me it will be built next week, delivery first week in March! No delay there then Whistle

Now, a friend has tried to order a Sport in the same colour and they (not the same dealer) tell him LR have stopped making all Special colours. I could not believe this, hence my call to the dealer. He tells me that's rubbish, the reason he's been "fobbed off" is because there is a delay( 3 months+) on special £3750 colours so the dealer wants him to have a different colour so they get a quicker sale!! Bit naughty I would say. The £850 colours are 2 months waiting.

Will post pics on delivery

Paul

Post #468294 12th Feb 2018 4:31pm
aja500

Apparently the delays apply mainly to the higher spec'd models.

I've recently received correspondence from the factory, which states that the delay is due to constraints with the Executive Class Rear Seats, which obviously won't be found as standard on Chalky's 3.0 SE.

Also, the increased demand for 5.0 petrol engines is another reason being given for the delays.

The flip side of that, as I'm sure we've all heard, is that demand for diesel engines has now significantly reduced, which almost certainly explains why Chalky's car is arriving ahead of schedule.

Post #468300 12th Feb 2018 5:47pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

I think demand for diesel cars might have diminished in the towns and cities but it certainly hasn't in the sticks where I live. Most LR products are used nearly as much across fields as they are on the tarmac.

My Brother in Law has garages in Bristol selling smaller family saloons and he has found a sharp decline in diesel cars but he admits that his clientele are 99% city based.

Paul

Post #468302 12th Feb 2018 6:25pm
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Chalky wrote:
British Racing Green (what else?)

Glad to hear it!

Post #468309 12th Feb 2018 7:29pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

I see on the news tonight that JLR has suspended production temporarily because of water shortages!!

That's put the kibosh on my delivery in March then no doubt!!! Censored

Post #471222 5th Mar 2018 6:36pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Chalky

Water is back on - Fingers crossed for prompt delivery

Bill Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #471311 6th Mar 2018 9:17am
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>