Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > HK logic 7 and new head unit (eonon)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
peteuusi

Finland 2005 Range Rover HSE Td6 Zambezi Silver
HK logic 7 and new head unit (eonon)

Hi,
im thinkin g of integrating a new head unit and move the old (YIK50050) to the glovebox. I have read that this could be done even with a HK logic 7, as for this is what i have. Have someone done this in a proper way? Should i just cut the speaker wires and connect the to the new head unit? or do you have some good suggestions? I got a Eonon GA72101 head unit form a friend Very Happy

Post #466341 28th Jan 2018 1:13pm
Danwilderspin

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Oh god no...

Speaking from experience here I had an eonon d5150 in my e46 less than 18 months ago... looked ok but the touchscreen was poor and you got random Chinese error messages pop up quite often. Had loads of firmware updates noting fixed it. Which is why I invested better in the ff - do the nbt retrofit well worth it in the long run Smile Current stable:
2006 BMW M6
2007 4.2 V8 S/C FF
Gone:
2002 4.4 V8 FF

Post #467490 5th Feb 2018 10:42pm
thrillcat

United States 2012 Range Rover HSE 5.0 V8 Santorini Black

I'd agree, it's borderline not worth it even if you're replacing the entire system. Trying to integrate a new head unit with the existing amp is not plug and play like they say.

In my e53 X5 I started by replacing the stock head unit with an Eonon and their plug and play kit. Ran everything, and it disabled my sunroof. Adjusting the volume took forever, as you had to adjust it with both the head unit AND the steering wheel control (on the DSP), and find a setting on both at the desired volume that wasn't distorted.

This didn't last until the end of the day before I pulled it and returned it.

Next I tried the (more expensive) Dynavin N6. It at least let me retain use of my sunroof, but it still didn't integrate well with the existing DSP. Very limited window where it sounded good. Low or high volumes were pretty crummy.

But the head unit was decent, so I decided to pick up an Alpine amp to power the speakers and bypass the DSP. Well, good luck figuring out the wiring of the speakers. I was able to get about 3 of them working correctly, as in fade & pan was accurate. The rest I just spliced in to get sound to them, but they were sharing channels.

In hindsight, I would've simply kept the factory unit in tact. But then I hit a deer and didn't have to worry about it anymore. 2012 L322 5.0l NA
Santorini Black / Sand

Post #467498 5th Feb 2018 11:31pm
Danwilderspin

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Yes dsp is your problem - if you have an hse NOT a vogue life is a lot simpler.

I actually had the same volume issues as mentioned here so I ditched the dsp and went for the Lear amp (cost £50), only speakers I had to change were the bass speakers (£40) and the sun as the lear has no sun output - that was a great opportunity to go for the new hk sun which is loads better (£30). Current stable:
2006 BMW M6
2007 4.2 V8 S/C FF
Gone:
2002 4.4 V8 FF

Post #467509 6th Feb 2018 7:28am
peteuusi

Finland 2005 Range Rover HSE Td6 Zambezi Silver

Thanks for your insights. My plan now is that , i will move the OEM in to the glovebox. I now have 2 new amps that i will use insted of the HK. The wiring to the speakers..well that will be a project.. The OEM wires are thin as hair...so maybe i will rewire..but lets see.

Post #467543 6th Feb 2018 1:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1