Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Reverse camera
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
miggit

United Kingdom 

The thing is that the UK sellers are normally buying a pallet load at a time from the factory that makes them, so they know they are getting what they asked for, rather than it's OK and I just want your money attitude of some Chinese sellers. If you can find a manufacturer who is prepared to sell to you, then yes, you can get the correct NTSC camera....

But be warned you could be in for some frustrating emails and a drawn out purchase... China's time sort of makes it 24 hour email reply, and if you get too technical it can take a few emails to sort it all out! Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #467109 3rd Feb 2018 1:18pm
Knightmare

England 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Barolo Black

Success...well kind of Confused

I purchased the camera suggested in this thread by Mark...good call on that one, because I was able to confirm with the seller that it was actually an NTSC only. After a bit of snipping and soldering, third time lucky and I have a perfect colour image. The only problem now is the misalignment caused by the car trying to adjust the high-level, off centre placement, i.e. the grid lines are off.

Click image to enlarge

I've noticed on another post that possibly snipping the green looped wire (present in this camera), will turn the grid off, but has anyone found any other option (that doesn't include re-locating the camera position that is Thumbs Up).

getting there...slowly Rolling Eyes Life is what happens while you�re making other plans.

Post #467387 5th Feb 2018 9:44am
Simran0211

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

Well done Thumbs Up

Post #467468 5th Feb 2018 9:23pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Whistle I really don't know why you all are so opposed to relocating the camera position to just above the number plate, the grid lines work there and you can see the tow hitch too..

The best option that I've come across recently is this one http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic44895.html?highlight=camera
Nice and cheap, neat, correct position for seeing a tow hitch, and very little difference between it and the BMW X5 type that I used, other than the camera's are a third of the price!!
Whistle Although you do have to hunt around for a wide angle (170Deg) NTSC camera, which is a lot easier to find in the BMW X5 number plate lamp style.. AS BMW use the NTSC standard as factory spec. Thumbs Up Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #467500 6th Feb 2018 12:43am
Jamiehol

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Haveing experience of both the X5 style camera and the one shown in your last link miggit, they both have there pros and cons.

As you say it is a lot easier to find a wide angle X5 camera, but the second mounting method works really well for viewing he towball. I didn’t install the camera on my current L322 nicktdv8 did, but I need to try and find a wider angle camera.

My view would be is if you aren’t fussed about seeing the tow ball then fit an X5 camera if you do want to see the to ball fit one of the wedge style cameras.

Post #467507 6th Feb 2018 8:09am
miggit

United Kingdom 

If you get the right X5 style camera, 170 degree wide angle, there is very little difference. I personally wouldn't fit anything other than a 170deg ! And you not only see the tow ball, you can see the bumper too, I never bothered fixing my PDC as I could see the bumper, and I could get way closer to an obstacle.

There are a lot of different angles available for the cameras, but 170 x 120 is about the best that I've found Thumbs Up Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #467586 6th Feb 2018 7:54pm
uzp315

Update/Warning

The camera I bought from parkingcamerasonline ebay account has let water into the unit and needs to be replaced.

They are sending me a replacement today, it's not convenient, but we live and learn. I will seal this one before fitting it.

Post #477739 8th May 2018 12:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12