Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > No Parking Sensors
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Matt Pearce

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover HSE Td6 Oslo Blue

Hey Pat, glas you found the ones you wanted..
please do let me know if all works.. Steve..

Im still waiting for my f
near side ( front) wheel sensor. , ive already tried i new @nd one replacement both though not able to come into the r@nge of both Voltage 2-5 volts and with a positive mm reading..
so ive ordered the orig8nal spec one from germany which funnily enough is half the orice of a new unit in the UK.

ive @lso decide to replace the front upper @nd lower suspension arms on both sides..
ooks quite straight forward but maybe famous last words!!

Anyway Pat all the best do please post again as time goes by and you hav3 any issues, i will do the same,

Best regards, Matt..

Post #464805 16th Jan 2018 8:50pm
alfapat

Scotland 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Will keep you posted, ..... but confused , Steve or Matt and is it ABS sensor you talk about, was it the gap measure to pickup signal, confused with your thread there?

Post #464841 16th Jan 2018 11:39pm
Matt Pearce

Hey sorry Pat, im a Steve, i got stuck with the Matt name because my son opened this site for me a few years ago and rather than starting again i just went with it..

The problem i have starts with 3 lights coming up on the dash, Inactive suspension, ABS and DCS control.
when you check you find typically that the diagnosis is Bus Can fault.

Because all these items are so interdependent the first port of call is looking at the ABS ECU operation.
especially in my case when the Air sus is saying no Can bus..
this led me to checking the steering angle sensor and re setting it, once done the ABS started to come up ok i could then read that the air suspension was saying that i had a faulty left front Height sensor.
Sounded straight forward enough, so i ordered one from the internet,
but once fitted i still had the same fault..
with my diagnostic bits i checked both the ‘Live reference volts which is supposed to be around 2-5 volts but was coming up as more like 50+volts!. at the same time the associated wheel ride height in mms was ‘ not readable’
So i took off the sensor arm and rotated it 360 degrees and the volts came into the 2-5 volts range but the ride height was then a negitive mms reading.. and no matter what i do i cant get both readings in range at the same time.

so ive ordered the exact original height ride that came off the car ( BMW )

im hoping when this is fitted it will do the job otherwise it points to the Air Sus ECU. ( having already checked the wiring to the sensor.)
Pat, i hope the above makes sense.. ive gotten so far into it that it might seem like i am knowledgable but nothing coukd be futher from the truth.. i have a bit of common sense but sometimes ev3n this escapes you after a few hours of fiddling out in the elements.
just had a few days off!!

Steve,..

Post #464872 17th Jan 2018 10:25am
alfapat

That makes sense Steve , thanks, it’s just I have similar but with Hdc as well , I can clear and won’t see it for days . I cleared it once by turning lock to lock once and it came up at one time with a rear sensor also another time, this over a month and half , not bothering me too much at the moment , one the weather is not helping , could be Censored around the sensor and two the steering has bee repaired with a new inner rod , so disturbed and three battery been a bit low. A bit of a muddle but will post if I find out more . Cheers Pat

Post #464878 17th Jan 2018 11:49am
Matt Pearce

Hey pat , im so wrapped up in my own issues that 8 didnt realise that youve had probs with inactive EAS and all the rest..
actually i also have the HDC also i just
couldnt remember all the bloody things!

State of play at the moment is that i am waiting for this Left Front sensor. when it arrives and
if i can get both the ref voltage and height coming into the correct range i will then be hopeful that i might just have solved my problem.. ( but lets see!!)
if the sensor doesnt do the job the only other thing is the AES ECU.. i have already purchased a used one from ebay..
the problem might then be that the replacement ECU needs re coding ( which i cant do)
Commonly, some people say the EAS is a plug in and play others say they need coding ( typically RR dealerships)
and of course if i have to march off to an independent RR place they will probably tell me all sorts of things are wrong so they cant code the ECU.. but lets see i live in hope..
Pat, hopefully i can help you to not have to spend as much as i have to try to fix the 3 Amigos ..
if / when the time comes..

Anyway ....

in the meantime ive decided to change the front upper and lower sespension arms ( both sides)

its the way my brainbox works.. if i simply change the height sensor and it works and i put it all b@ck together i will end up with nothing extra than i started with (if you see what i mean).. so I'm changing the suspension bits just because the RR is old enough to need new ones.. so ultimately ill feel like ive gained in the scheme of things.. and improved the car..

silly really but its just me.. shouldnt really .. Cheers Pat..... Steve

Post #464943 17th Jan 2018 9:23pm
alfapat

Arghh , It looks like the wrong part number has been ordered hence the infrequent tones and live values all over the place. , I have the parking sensors advertised as :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XDK...&psc=1

and it appears they do not do all l322;s
Can someone advise the proper part number . It looks like I will return these as wrongly advertised.
It looks like I should be ordering YDB500370LML

To add further to this thread , I eventually went to the dealer for a sensor which arrives on Tuesday, the part number should be YDB100070 WHETHER THIS HAS BEEN SUPERSEEDED I don't know , but buyer beware.

Post #465158 19th Jan 2018 6:58pm
alfapat

Finally bit the bullet and trusted the Gap tool to purchase a genuine parking sensor and Hey Presto no more annoying long tones or intermittent working patterns.
Parking is a breeze now , or put it another way, more helpful! Smile

Post #467781 8th Feb 2018 6:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123