Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > L322 Td6 06 - Facelift 2010 - Indicators Stopped Working
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
PaulCee

L322 Td6 06 - Facelift 2010 - Indicators Stopped Working

Hi everyone.

First post so sorry if I mess up.

I have a TD6 which has a 2010 facelift. I bought it this way and although the last four years have not been trouble free, with the usual TD6 issues, the face lift has been perfect. Today though the front indicators have stopped working, both sides. The rears still work fine, as do the sides. Inside it feels like nothing is wrong, when you indicate the turn signal light flashes and makes the noise. Nothing also being flagged up on screen.

I am not the most gifted electrically but just thought I should ask advice before booking it in to my local indie.

Thank you for reading and any help you can give.

ps I have read the codes but nothing relating.

Post #467843 9th Feb 2018 1:36pm
fisha

2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

Do the wing indicators work ?

And what about other lights in the headlight cluster? (Sidelights etc) V8 or else ...

Post #467877 9th Feb 2018 6:38pm
PaulCee

Yes the wing indicators work, as well as the side lights and headlights. Everything else works, just the front indicators have stopped working.

Thanks for the reply

Post #467878 9th Feb 2018 6:47pm
fisha

Ok. I’ll dig out the wiring diagram to get the right pin for the indicator feed to the unit and you couldsee if it’s getting 12v. signal.

When you look at the connector into the head light are there extra wires tapped /spliced into the loom? Such as resistors etc? V8 or else ...

Post #467879 9th Feb 2018 6:52pm
PaulCee

Thanks for the help.

Yes there is a box by the drivers side headlamp, which is spliced in, and I was told this is the resistors.

Post #467898 9th Feb 2018 8:46pm
Jamiehol

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

The other way I believe to drive the front indicators on a 2010 facelift is to use a standard automotive relay driven from the side repeater if they have taken this route perhaps the relay(s) have failed.

Post #467899 9th Feb 2018 8:52pm
PaulCee

I am not the best when it comes to electrics. I was thinking though if I could not find a solution that I could maybe drive them from the side repeaters. Not sure how to test the relay either but I think I know someone that will help.

Asking another stupid question, do the side lights and main lights also have resistors ?

Thanks

Post #467908 9th Feb 2018 9:12pm
fisha

If you feed the wire for the indicator with 12v, it should light up.

You can drive the indicators (and side lights) directly without resistors if you disable the bulb checking feature using a relevant diagnostic kit to do that.

My setup used relays and resistors and failed due to a broken connection. I ended up completely removing all the extra and reconnected the wires directly and disabled the checking. No errors now.

I went through an iterative process of trying to replace the resistors, remove the relays, just use relays , just use resistors etc etc. The results of the light working varied between not lighting at all, strobing quickly when lit, and showing errors on the dash.

On my diagnostic kit, I can specify by individual bulb whether it’s checked and reported on. I have a black box msv kit. I don’t know whether iid tool does the same. V8 or else ...

Post #467915 9th Feb 2018 9:44pm
Jamiehol

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

PaulCee wrote:
I am not the best when it comes to electrics. I was thinking though if I could not find a solution that I could maybe drive them from the side repeaters. Not sure how to test the relay either but I think I know someone that will help.

Asking another stupid question, do the side lights and main lights also have resistors ?

Thanks

I’ll try to grab some pics of the relay wiring of mine tomorrow, I didn’t do the face lift but the previous did I think with advice from Cam-Tech.

Post #467917 9th Feb 2018 9:51pm
PaulCee

Hi,

Being doing some homework. If it if the resistors are these what I need as replacements.

https://www.powerfuluk.com/vehicles/range-...2-ohm.html

Thank you for the help.

Post #468178 11th Feb 2018 8:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1